Windows 10: WD My Book World Edition (White)

Discus and support WD My Book World Edition (White) in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After building a PC with win 10, i've not had my WD my book world edition used for a good while, decided to plug it in and install the drivers etc.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by bjproc, Dec 3, 2018.

1. bjproc Win User

WD My Book World Edition (White)

After building a PC with win 10, i've not had my WD my book world edition used for a good while, decided to plug it in and install the drivers etc.

Plugged it into a switch and it's not being recognised at all, even downloaded the WD cd with the drivers and the detection tool doesn't see it either.

:)

bjproc, Dec 3, 2018
  2. malware Win User

WD Introduces My Book World Edition II 1TB External Hard Drive

Expanding its lineup of consumer-friendly, easy-to-use external hard drives that has made it the leading consumer external storage brand worldwide, Western Digital Corp. today introduced the My Book World Edition family of shared storage appliances. This new family of shared storage appliances allows consumers and home office workers to securely access their digital content, such as photos, home videos and documents, and share it with family and friends from anywhere in the world as if that content were stored local to the user. The terabyte (TB) My Book World Edition II model is equipped with a dual-drive configuration and RAID capability.

WD My Book World Edition (White) 6_thm.jpg

WD My Book World Edition (White) 7_thm.jpg

WD Anywhere Access is WD's new software for simplifying access to digital content and breaking the barriers of physical proximity to that content. Part of Anywhere Access is the unique Data OnHand feature, which makes My Book World Edition active in Windows Explorer and Windows "Save As" and "Open" options whenever the user is connected to the Internet. This streamlines access to the content for users, even if they are thousands of miles away from their My Book World Edition appliance, and eliminates task-heavy logging into and out of third-party Web access systems. It operates independently of any specific PC, so the original host computer does not need to be powered on.

"The My Book World Edition shared storage appliances eliminate the limits of traditional external hard drives," said Jim Welsh, vice president and general manager of WD's Branded Products group. "Using this appliance is like carrying as much as a terabyte of content with you wherever you go and knowing that your personal content is safe at home. This new concept in storage enables virtually limitless accessibility to family, friends and associates for sharing and backup."

In a new twist on today's popular social networks, the My Book World Edition enables friends and family to share digital content such as photos and documents anywhere in the world without the hassle or insecurity of having to upload it to a third-party Web site. Road warriors will appreciate the ease with which they can retrieve an important presentation and other documents from their My Book World Edition while traveling, as well as the ability to remotely back up their laptop/notebook data to their My Book World Edition. Small workgroups can easily share critical documents over the Internet or within a local network without the need for a separate, and often cumbersome, FTP server.

The two models of the My Book World Edition family of shared storage appliances are compatible with wired and wireless networks and equipped with a lighted on/off button; easy-to-use backup software; a unique capacity gauge LED that allows users to discern at a glance remaining storage space; and a three-year limited warranty. They come with EMC Retrospect Express backup software; one Ethernet port; one USB 2.0 port to instantly add more storage; intelligent drive management features and LED activity lights. The My Book World Edition model has a capacity of 500 GB. My Book World Edition II includes all of the features of the My Book World Edition product in a dual-drive system for 1 TB of capacity.

Extra Data Protection
    My Book World Edition II units are shipped in the full 1 TB configuration, but can be set by users to reserve half of its capacity to mirror users' data in real time using RAID 1.

The My Book World Edition II is user-serviceable, allowing users to open the enclosure to replace one or both of the hard drives by following the detailed instructions, without voiding the system's three-year limited warranty.

Availability and Pricing
    The My Book World Edition family is available beginning this week at select retail stores, online retailers and in the United States directly from WD at www.westerndigital.com. Suggested retail price is $499 USD for My Book World Edition II. Suggested retail price is $279 USD for My Book World Edition 500 GB.

A 3-D view and more information on the My Book family of external storage products can be found at www.wdmybook.com.

Source: WD

malware, Dec 3, 2018
  3. My Book World Edition

Hi,
    I just a new WD My book world edition 1TB. I have multiple users using it and i was wondering if andyone knew how to partition it. It is a network drive so i am not sure how to partition it. Any ideas?

binsky3333, Dec 3, 2018
  4. Guest3 Win User

WD Delivers My Book World Edition Network Storage Drive with up to 2TB Capacity

WD, the world's leader in external storage solutions, today introduced its newly redesigned My Book World Edition network storage drive, simplifying the critical but tedious task of backing up an entire household's precious files. Designed for consumers who have multiple computers on a home network, the new drive will be available in 1 terabyte and 2 terabyte capacities, and is compatible with PC and Mac computers.

WD My Book World Edition (White) wdfmybook_world_h1n_thm.jpg

WD My Book World Edition (White) wdfmybook_world_h1n1_thm.jpg

WD My Book World Edition (White) wdfmybook_world_h1n2_thm.jpg

Consumers are amassing increasing amounts of digital media on their computers, including irreplaceable photos, movies and documents. While 70 percent of users in a recent WD study of 1,500 U.S. consumers claimed to be "backing up," most use sporadic, tedious processes such as copying to CDs/DVDs or USB thumb drives. Having several computers multiplies the work. My Book World Edition network drives are designed to automate and simplify the backup chore for the 36 million networked homes in the U.S. according to research firm Parks Associates. Just plug the My Book World Edition drive into a network router, click a few buttons and the My Book World Edition storage device backs up the files from all the PCs and Macs on the network. Any changes to the files on these computers are automatically and continuously backed up to the drive.

"For easier safekeeping of personal files and media collections stored around the home, families need network storage solutions with true plug-and-play installation, automatic backup capability and familiar file organization," said Kurt Scherf, vice president and principal analyst with Parks Associates. "With My Book World Edition, WD is delivering peace-of-mind for users who want to easily back up all their computers, as well as bringing to the table media centralization, streaming and remote access functions for more advanced families."

My Book World Edition's massive capacities are available from any computer in the home. Combined with high performance, this makes it easy to build a shared digital media library. Music, photos and videos can be streamed directly from the My Book World Edition drive to any PC, Mac or connected DLNA media player (such as Microsoft Xbox 360 and Sony PlayStation3 game consoles, wireless digital pictures frames or TVs) using the integrated UPnP (Universal Plug and Play) media server and iTunes Music server software. Families can also securely access and share their centralized files from anywhere in the world where they have access to the Internet, using the My Book World Edition drive's Web remote access service.

"Finding a simple way to stay backed up can be a daunting task for consumers, especially when there are multiple PCs to protect," said Jim Welsh, senior vice president and general manager of WD's branded products and consumer electronics groups. "With a My Book World Edition drive, it just takes a few simple steps for a family to automatically back up all the computers in their home and keep the backup continuously up to date. Media streaming and remote access add fun and flexibility to the mix making My Book World Edition a great choice for today's digital home."

Price and Availability
    The new My Book World Edition network hard drives are available now in the 1 TB capacity and expected later this month in the 2 TB capacity at select retailers and WD's online store (http://www.shopwd.com). MSRP for the My Book World Edition storage system with 1 TB is $229.99 USD and 2 TB is $449.99 USD.

Features
    • The new My Book World Edition network hard drives feature:
    • Automatic, continuous backup for all the computers on your network;
    • Simple file recovery for lost or damaged files;
    • Centralized storage and sharing for all your family's digital content;
    • Best-in-class performance;
    • Easy access to all your data from anywhere, anytime;
    • Works seamlessly on networks with both Windows and Mac computers;
    • Media server capability with DLNA 1.5 and UPnP certification to stream content to XboxBOX 360, Playstation3, wireless digital picture frames and connected audio receivers;
    • Centralize and stream music collection to a Mac or Windows PC using iTunes software;
    • Remote sharing of personal content like photos or documents with family and friends;
    • USB 2.0 Utility Port to turn any USB drive into an instant network drive or extra capacity for the My Book World Edition;
    • Cooler, quieter, eco-friendly design with WD Green Power Drives which run cooler, quieter and consume up to 33 percent less power;
    • Capacity gauge to see at a glance how much space is available on your drive;
    • High-speed data transfer with Gigabit Ethernet; and,
    • 3-year limited warranty.
    Source: WDC

Guest3, Dec 3, 2018
Thema:

1. WD My Book World Edition (White) - Similar Threads - Book World Edition

2. WD My Book Essential unresponsive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WD My Book Essential unresponsive: Hello,we have a 3TB WD My Book Essential with very critical data. It was working fine on windows XP and 7. I tried to move it to a new dell workstation with windows 10. It connected and showed the directory structure fine. When I tried to open a file it said it was not...
  3. WD Book 3TB Cannot be Accessed

WD Book 3TB Cannot be Accessed: Windows 10 Pro - 1909, OS Build: 18363.657 Howdy Folks, *Smile Shortly after a successful Macrium Reflect full backup [SSD Primary Image & HDD Secondary Files & Folders .mrbak] on my desktop the Book failed backing up my laptop. Disk Manager says it needs to be initialized...
  4. Can't re-connect to WD My Book Live

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't re-connect to WD My Book Live: I have a WD My Book Live network drive which basically holds all my files (docs, photos, music etc.); up until yesterday, the shares on this were mapped to 4 letters (J:, K:, L:, M;). Yesterday, the power was cut off to the electrical circuit it's on briefly. Since then, I...
  5. WD Book not recognized by windows 10

WD Book not recognized by windows 10: I have seen that a lot of people have this problem. I just bought a new system today and all my data was backed up on my WD Book. Using the WD tools I have verified there is no problem with the Drive. It does not show up in file manager. I have tried to change drive...
  6. Connecting to WD My Book Live

Connecting to WD My Book Live: I can log into My Book Live, but when I go to File Explorer My Book Live doesn't appear. On a separate PC using Windows 10 it works fine. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/connecting-to-wd-my-book-live/eeaf8f94-b8fb-41ff-8718-153ca3f41d95
  7. Need to automatically backup WD My CLoud to WD My Book

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Need to automatically backup WD My CLoud to WD My Book: I have a 2TB WD My Cloud NAS and a 3 TB WD My Book USB drive. I want to back up the NAS to the USB drive automatically but the software that comes with the My Cloud won't do that. Does anyone know of a free or cheap program that will copy the contents of the NAS to the USB...
  8. WD My book not shoving up any data/partition

WD My book not shoving up any data/partition: Hi! On my external drive “My Book”, 2tb usb3 Model Number: WDC20EARX-32PASB0 (ATA) bought in 2012 Led started blinking in an anomalous manner, and it was connecting and disconnecting from pc continuosly. Supposing it may be a powersupply failure or a usb interface...
  9. computer will not boot if WD MY BOOK is plugged in

computer will not boot if WD MY BOOK is plugged in: I recently bought A WD MY BOOK ,but now my computer will not boot if WD MY BOOK is plugged in. What can I do? Other than the obvious 73680
  10. Problem with WD My Book WD Unlocker showing twice when in Explore

Problem with WD My Book WD Unlocker showing twice when in Explore: I have a WD 3tb My Book using WD Unlocker for the drive. I use this drive unlocked as I am the only one using the drive and no password required. There are 2 problems I'm having. The first is that when I start Win 10 Pro, 64bit, I get an error message telling me that "The...