Windows 10: WD My Cloud external drive

Discus and support WD My Cloud external drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; who do i install my WD My Cloud external drive to my new laptop?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MikeColli, Nov 16, 2019.

1. MikeColli Win User

WD My Cloud external drive

who do i install my WD My Cloud external drive to my new laptop?

:)

MikeColli, Nov 16, 2019
  2. cobrasl Win User

External Hard Drive (WD Elements) is visible in PW but not in explorer

followed steps..

the partition displayed as below...

WD My Cloud external drive [​IMG]

as advised I selected "list".. and for a long time it was like this..

WD My Cloud external drive [​IMG]

cobrasl, Nov 16, 2019
  3. WD Elements external drive

Hi Edward,

To assist you further, I would like to ask some questions:

• Do you get any error message?
    • How are you connecting your External Drive to your computer?

I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter by following the steps provided below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in search box and press Enter.
    • Click on “View all” on the top left pane.
    • Click on "Hardware and Devices" from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Thank you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 16, 2019
  4. WD My Cloud external drive

Windows 10 not finding WD passport external hard drive

Hi Shirley,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that the external drive is not detecting in Windows 10. We will help you.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• Is the issue specific to the WD external drive or any other devices also?
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • Did you try connecting it to any other devices and check what is the result?
    Please post us back with more information to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Nov 16, 2019
Thema:

WD My Cloud external drive

1. WD My Cloud external drive - Similar Threads - Cloud external drive

2. WD external drive issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WD external drive issue: I have a WD external drive that is recognized in Control Panel of my Window 10 PC but doesn't show up in File Explorer. The drive worked until recently with this PC and it works properly when used with my Window 11 laptop Many thanks in advance Keith...
  3. WD external drive issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WD external drive issue: I have a WD external drive that is recognized in Control Panel of my Window 10 PC but doesn't show up in File Explorer. The drive worked until recently with this PC and it works properly when used with my Window 11 laptop Many thanks in advance Keith...
  4. WD external drive issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. WD External Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WD External Drive: Upon initializing my external drive, i got a message "request failed due to fatal device hardware error". What are my options? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wd-external-drive/9ffc4c0d-9621-4b0a-9be2-eeddddb8e2fa
  6. WD my cloud as network drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WD my cloud as network drive: [ATTACH] Hello, how can I set WD my cloud as network drive? Currently I can see it with its name - WDC. Double click on it opens wd my cloud login page, but even if I log it is still same. I have no idea what I did but on my another computer I can see all shared drivers...
  7. WD My Cloud Home Drive - Permanently Mapping Drive Letters

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WD My Cloud Home Drive - Permanently Mapping Drive Letters: This is more of a solution post, than a question. I couldn't find the answer anywhere. == I have 2, 8-TB WD My Cloud Home devices. I was having an issue where they were swapping Mapped Network Drive Letters. I needed them to stay what they were all the time, it wasn't...
  8. WD My Passport external hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WD My Passport external hard drive: I am CONSTANTLY prompted to Re-Connect my Backup harddrive bc some files did not backup. I try to look at files but cant open and the files are tiny. SHOULD I BE WORRIED ABOUT TROJAN FILES ? Are they old orphan files from some uninstalled app. I KNOW, a list of files and...
  9. external drive or cloud

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    external drive or cloud: I have some family photos in the Onedrive cloud. For security reasons, I would prefer to keep them locally. I have a WD eternal drive that has backups of my OS. Can I place a folder of the photos on that drive in or will that disturb the Macrium imaging backup and recovery...
  10. Need to automatically backup WD My CLoud to WD My Book

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Need to automatically backup WD My CLoud to WD My Book: I have a 2TB WD My Cloud NAS and a 3 TB WD My Book USB drive. I want to back up the NAS to the USB drive automatically but the software that comes with the My Cloud won't do that. Does anyone know of a free or cheap program that will copy the contents of the NAS to the USB...