Windows 10: WD My Cloud Home Drive - Permanently Mapping Drive Letters

Discus and support WD My Cloud Home Drive - Permanently Mapping Drive Letters in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; This is more of a solution post, than a question. I couldn't find the answer anywhere. == I have 2, 8-TB WD My Cloud Home devices. I was having an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Crow Hawkins, Sep 25, 2020.

1. WD My Cloud Home Drive - Permanently Mapping Drive Letters

This is more of a solution post, than a question. I couldn't find the answer anywhere.

==

I have 2, 8-TB WD My Cloud Home devices. I was having an issue where they were swapping Mapped Network Drive Letters. I needed them to stay what they were all the time, it wasn't something that should change.

I spoke with Western Digital and they said to correct the issue, each device needs to have a Reserved IP Address on the Router. Having them assigned as DHCP will allow them to connect in a first-come-first-in fashion by changing their IP address. They start assigning drives as Z: and work backward. My Y: drive was switching to Z: and vice-versa. The Reserved IP allows them to set their specific IP and always be that drive letter.

:)

Crow Hawkins, Sep 25, 2020
  2. YD Forums Win User

Files only delete permanently from folder mapped to drive letter

Using win 10-64.

I have a local folder mapped to a drive letter. I established the mapping by creating a registry key for the drive letter in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\DOS Devices

Whenever I delete a file from that "drive" it bypasses the recycle bin and gets permanently deleted.

When I check the recycle bin I see that the drive letter does not appear on the list of Recycle Bin Locations.

Is there a workaround for this?

YD Forums, Sep 25, 2020
  3. How to mount cloud storage as drive letters / mapped network drives

I'd like to mount Google Drive as a mapped network drive. (Then use the drive letter for programs so I can get the size of files/folders in my cloud storage, search for specific file/folders as well as able to search for file dups).

I've searched online and found a handful of products offerings including
    • NetDrive
    • TNT Drive
    • Cloudberry Drive
    • ExpanDrive
    • CloudMounter
    • SME

Does anyone have some real-life, hands-on experience with any of these (or other products) they might recommend? Of course, something free would be ideal but I don't mind paying something (reasonable) for s/w that meets my needs
    I'll also be adding OneDrive down the road so would like support for that as well

Thanks for any feedack/information!!

ComputerGeek, Sep 25, 2020
  4. WD My Cloud Home Drive - Permanently Mapping Drive Letters

Map a Drive

Yasshiel

Very many thanks

Kindest regards

Ian

IanWhiteBoss, Sep 25, 2020
Thema:

WD My Cloud Home Drive - Permanently Mapping Drive Letters

1. WD My Cloud Home Drive - Permanently Mapping Drive Letters - Similar Threads - Cloud Home Drive

2. Mapping One Drive to a drive letter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mapping One Drive to a drive letter: I've gone through the procedure for mapping Onedrive to a drive letter. I attempt to map the drive to "https://d.docs.live.net/MyCID" , but get an "The mapped network drive could not be created because the following error has occured: Access is denied" error. I get the same...
  3. Mapping One Drive to a drive letter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mapping One Drive to a drive letter: I've gone through the procedure for mapping Onedrive to a drive letter. I attempt to map the drive to "https://d.docs.live.net/MyCID" , but get an "The mapped network drive could not be created because the following error has occured: Access is denied" error. I get the same...
  4. WD my cloud as network drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WD my cloud as network drive: [ATTACH] Hello, how can I set WD my cloud as network drive? Currently I can see it with its name - WDC. Double click on it opens wd my cloud login page, but even if I log it is still same. I have no idea what I did but on my another computer I can see all shared drivers...
  5. WD My Cloud external drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WD My Cloud external drive: who do i install my WD My Cloud external drive to my new laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wd-my-cloud-external-drive/0e21e13b-f8bb-4d9d-a521-b088c13747c5
  6. Permanent Drive Letter Per Individual Drive

Permanent Drive Letter Per Individual Drive: I have a 'number' of USB/flash/stick/thumb drives, and a 'number' of External Hard Drives (EHD) connected via USB ports which I use with my Dell XPS 8700 desktop. Is it possible to lock (not changeable) a particular drive letter with each specific drive? For example, I have...
  7. Files only delete permanently from folder mapped to drive letter

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files only delete permanently from folder mapped to drive letter: Using win 10-64. I have a local folder mapped to a drive letter. I established the mapping by creating a registry key for the drive letter in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\DOS Devices Whenever I delete a file from that "drive" it...
  8. Map a server to a drive letter

Map a server to a drive letter: Hi Guys, One of my clients ( I do a bit of freelancing) wants to map this server---------> The Eye | File Listing to a drive letter. he claims he uses it frequently and finds it much more easier as a drive letter.. I after a lot of researching did not find any solution.......
  9. Permanently assign drive letters for USB drives

Permanently assign drive letters for USB drives: Hi, I run a backup script to different USB drives at different times. The backup script always needs to see the same drive letter for the USB drive (whichever USB drive is being used). I know you can run compmgmt.msc, select Disk Management and then click 'Change...
  10. How to mount cloud storage as drive letters / mapped network drives

How to mount cloud storage as drive letters / mapped network drives: I'd like to mount Google Drive as a mapped network drive. (Then use the drive letter for programs so I can get the size of files/folders in my cloud storage, search for specific file/folders as well as able to search for file dups). I've searched online and found a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wd my cloud home map windows network drive