Windows 10: WD My Passport external hard drive

Discus and support WD My Passport external hard drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am CONSTANTLY prompted to Re-Connect my Backup harddrive bc some files did not backup. I try to look at files but cant open and the files are tiny.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TFreed, Sep 20, 2018.

1. TFreed Win User

WD My Passport external hard drive

I am CONSTANTLY prompted to Re-Connect my Backup harddrive bc some files did not backup. I try to look at files but cant open and the files are tiny.

SHOULD I BE WORRIED ABOUT TROJAN FILES ? Are they old orphan files from some uninstalled app. I KNOW, a list of files and more info would make it easier for The Community to answer question. Any Thoughts ?

[Moved from: Windows 10 / Files, folders, & storage]

:)

TFreed, Sep 20, 2018

2. Windows 10 not finding WD passport external hard drive

Windows 10 not finding WD passport external hard drive

shirleylambertXR, Sep 20, 2018
  3. Windows 10 and WD Passport Ultra

Hi Carolyn,

A few reasons why your computer doesn't recognize your WD My Passport Ultra external hard drive may include the following:

• Your PC can't provide the hard drive's power requirement
    • The capacity of the hard drive may require a separate power source

To isolate this further, we suggest that you try connecting it to a different USB port on your computer. Check also the specification of your hard drive and see if it requires a separate power source. You may also try connecting it to a different computer
    and see if you encounter the same issue.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Sep 20, 2018
  4. WD My Passport external hard drive

Windows 10 not finding WD passport external hard drive

Hi Shirley,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that the external drive is not detecting in Windows 10. We will help you.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• Is the issue specific to the WD external drive or any other devices also?
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • Did you try connecting it to any other devices and check what is the result?
    Please post us back with more information to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Sep 20, 2018
Thema:

WD My Passport external hard drive

1. WD My Passport external hard drive - Similar Threads - Passport external hard

2. Computer not recognizing new WD My Passport 2tb external hard drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer not recognizing new WD My Passport 2tb external hard drive.: I need help with an external hard drive not working on my laptop computer. The external drive is a WD My Passport 2tb. I'm running Windows 11. I am not a computer literate when it comes to something not working right out of the box. I did try several "hacks" recommended on...
  3. Computer not recognizing new WD My Passport 2tb external hard drive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer not recognizing new WD My Passport 2tb external hard drive.: I need help with an external hard drive not working on my laptop computer. The external drive is a WD My Passport 2tb. I'm running Windows 11. I am not a computer literate when it comes to something not working right out of the box. I did try several "hacks" recommended on...
  4. CHKDSK on 1TB WD Passport external hard drive see Updates below

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    CHKDSK on 1TB WD Passport external hard drive see Updates below: Hi - could an external hard drive get damaged when CHKDSK is running and the computer is shutdown is performed from the Start menu or by pressing the power button? Background: I suspect a process was running when a 1TB WD passport with 670 GB of data became disconnected...
  5. CHKDSK on 1TB WD Passport external hard drive

CHKDSK on 1TB WD Passport external hard drive: Hi - could an external hard drive get damaged when CHKDSK is running and the computer is shutdown is performed from the Start menu or by pressing the power button? Background: I suspect a process was running when a 1T WD passport with 670 GB of data became disconnected...
  6. WD My Passport 1TB External Harfd Drive.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WD My Passport 1TB External Harfd Drive.: When I try to set up the WD Apps I get a message " This app can't run on your PC. " I am trying to restore files to a new PC. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wd-my-passport-1tb-external-harfd-drive/6ac13f82-25ef-47f3-b04d-8a2c40efd026
  7. WD my passport ultra drive

WD my passport ultra drive: How do I go about reallocating space on my WD passport ultra drive? I have deleted a bunch of backups that I don't need any longer but it seems that the space on the drive is still allocating space to the deleted backups. I have a couple of backups that I don't want to...
  8. WD My passport External hard drive not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WD My passport External hard drive not working: The name and bar showing up shows fine, but when I try to download something it automatically goes to the C:/original hard drive. It ends up saying disk space full because my disk space on C:/ is full. How do I set up My Passport so it can take in files?...
  9. My WD Passport external hard drive won't open

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My WD Passport external hard drive won't open: My WD Passport external hard drive won't open. It's listed in device manager and in the properties is listed as "working properly". https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-wd-passport-external-hard-drive-wont-open/dac92589-6d55-43ae-a9b0-6e14014b17d8
  10. My WD Passport external hard drive won't open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My WD Passport external hard drive won't open: I've tried all of the recommendations posted and none have worked. What else can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-wd-passport-external-hard-drive-wont-open/4cb1db83-c269-4d71-8fe2-e7c9e11a1155

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wd my passport ultra troubleshooting