Windows 10: WD My Passport Ultra Inaccessible on Windows 10

Discus and support WD My Passport Ultra Inaccessible on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I just got a brand new Lenovo Flex 14 Laptop with Windows 10 and am unable to use/access the content on the WD My Passport Ultra external drive that I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by EvilAngelus, Dec 7, 2018.

1. WD My Passport Ultra Inaccessible on Windows 10

I just got a brand new Lenovo Flex 14 Laptop with Windows 10 and am unable to use/access the content on the WD My Passport Ultra external drive that I have all my stuff from my old Macbook backed up on.

When I first plugged the drive into the Lenovo, it was instantly recognized and added.
    It appears in 'Devices and Printers' and 'Device Manager' but not in 'Devices and Drives' in File Explorer nor in Disk Management.

I tried to update the drivers via 'Device Manager' but it said it was already up to date and I don't have a new chord to try at the moment.

I don't want to reformat it because I believe that would erase the data and that defeats my purpose. I want to access what's on it.

Are there other options? How do I fix this?

I don't know the encoding of the drive, I'm afraid I'm not IT savvy. If you need that or any other information, you'll need to instruct me on how to obtain it.

:)

EvilAngelus, Dec 7, 2018
  2. Heini82£ Win User

Wd my passport ultra

What do we need to do for the updated version of windows 10 to recognise our wd my passport ultra external hard drive?

Heini82£, Dec 7, 2018
  3. Windows 10 and WD Passport Ultra

Windows 10 doesn't seem to want to recognize my WD My Passport Ultra. The USB connection is fine but when I try to select a backup or any other function, I get nowhere (nothing happens). Is there a fix for this?

CarolynHWV, Dec 7, 2018
  4. WD My Passport Ultra Inaccessible on Windows 10

Windows 10 and WD Passport Ultra

Hi Carolyn,

A few reasons why your computer doesn't recognize your WD My Passport Ultra external hard drive may include the following:

• Your PC can't provide the hard drive's power requirement
    • The capacity of the hard drive may require a separate power source

To isolate this further, we suggest that you try connecting it to a different USB port on your computer. Check also the specification of your hard drive and see if it requires a separate power source. You may also try connecting it to a different computer
    and see if you encounter the same issue.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Dec 7, 2018
Thema:

WD My Passport Ultra Inaccessible on Windows 10

1. WD My Passport Ultra Inaccessible on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Passport Ultra Inaccessible

2. I can't see and access my WD My passport ultra on window 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I can't see and access my WD My passport ultra on window 10: I can't see and access my WD My passport ultra on windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-see-and-access-my-wd-my-passport-ultra-on/9fba9db4-b281-437e-9303-97de5e9c2320
  3. I can't see and access my WD My passport ultra on window 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't see and access my WD My passport ultra on window 10: I can't see and access my WD My passport ultra on windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-see-and-access-my-wd-my-passport-ultra-on/9fba9db4-b281-437e-9303-97de5e9c2320
  4. I can't see and access my WD My passport ultra on window 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. WD my passport ultra drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WD my passport ultra drive: How do I go about reallocating space on my WD passport ultra drive? I have deleted a bunch of backups that I don't need any longer but it seems that the space on the drive is still allocating space to the deleted backups. I have a couple of backups that I don't want to...
  6. WD My Passport

WD My Passport: Hi. I have just purchased a Microsoft Laptop which unfortunately won't read my WD My Passport. does anyone have a fix for this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wd-my-passport/b3cf90e5-c78b-4104-a67e-e25c5faea50a
  7. WD My Passport Ultra There but not there

WD My Passport Ultra There but not there: I have a 1TB WD My Passport Ultra and it was working fine. I accessed a picture from it to send out in in an email and afterwards shut down my laptop. HP Envy, Win 10 bla bla bla Later that day I booted up my laptop and the passport didn't show up in the file manager. It...
  8. wd passport

wd passport: I reloaded my windows 10 after a crash . But the WD password does not seems to find my files to be downloaded back to the PC . Even the WD program disappeared from the drive . What I have to do to get my files back ?...
  9. My Passport Ultra 1TB

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My Passport Ultra 1TB: I downloaded everything onto this external hard drive but cannot seem to open it again. I must be doing something wrong. I can see the external drive in my drives box but it will not open....
  10. WD My Passport Ultra - Not working for backup

WD My Passport Ultra - Not working for backup: My windows 10 computer is recognizing this device for saving/opening files but will not recognize it as a device for backup. I am also unable to open the WD Backup app to run scheduled backups through that; I have used this device and app on this windows 10 computer but it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. files locked to old windows 10 wd passport

2. my passport ultra windows 10 software update

3. how to use my passport ultra on windows

4. WD My Passport drive inaccessible,
  5. will WD my essentials my passport operate on win 10,
  6. how to access your wd passport on windows 10,
  7. shutdown my passport ultra external harddrive,
  8. how to backup using wd passport ultra on windows 10windows,
  9. wd hard disk inaccessible in windows 10,
  10. wd installer,
  11. wd passport how to use on new computer,