Windows 10: WD My Passport Ultra Inaccessible on Windows 10

Discus and support WD My Passport Ultra Inaccessible on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I just got a brand new Lenovo Flex 14 Laptop with Windows 10 and am unable to use/access the content on the WD My Passport Ultra external drive that I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by EvilAngelus, Dec 7, 2018.

1. WD My Passport Ultra Inaccessible on Windows 10

I just got a brand new Lenovo Flex 14 Laptop with Windows 10 and am unable to use/access the content on the WD My Passport Ultra external drive that I have all my stuff from my old Macbook backed up on.

When I first plugged the drive into the Lenovo, it was instantly recognized and added.
    It appears in 'Devices and Printers' and 'Device Manager' but not in 'Devices and Drives' in File Explorer nor in Disk Management.

I tried to update the drivers via 'Device Manager' but it said it was already up to date and I don't have a new chord to try at the moment.

I don't want to reformat it because I believe that would erase the data and that defeats my purpose. I want to access what's on it.

Are there other options? How do I fix this?

I don't know the encoding of the drive, I'm afraid I'm not IT savvy. If you need that or any other information, you'll need to instruct me on how to obtain it.

:)

EvilAngelus, Dec 7, 2018
  2. Heini82£ Win User

Wd my passport ultra

What do we need to do for the updated version of windows 10 to recognise our wd my passport ultra external hard drive?

Heini82£, Dec 7, 2018
  3. Windows 10 and WD Passport Ultra

Windows 10 doesn't seem to want to recognize my WD My Passport Ultra. The USB connection is fine but when I try to select a backup or any other function, I get nowhere (nothing happens). Is there a fix for this?

CarolynHWV, Dec 7, 2018
  4. WD My Passport Ultra Inaccessible on Windows 10

Windows 10 and WD Passport Ultra

Hi Carolyn,

A few reasons why your computer doesn't recognize your WD My Passport Ultra external hard drive may include the following:

• Your PC can't provide the hard drive's power requirement
    • The capacity of the hard drive may require a separate power source

To isolate this further, we suggest that you try connecting it to a different USB port on your computer. Check also the specification of your hard drive and see if it requires a separate power source. You may also try connecting it to a different computer
    and see if you encounter the same issue.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Dec 7, 2018
Thema:

WD My Passport Ultra Inaccessible on Windows 10

1. WD My Passport Ultra Inaccessible on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Passport Ultra Inaccessible

2. WD My Passport Ultra - Not working for backup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WD My Passport Ultra - Not working for backup: My windows 10 computer is recognizing this device for saving/opening files but will not recognize it as a device for backup. I am also unable to open the WD Backup app to run scheduled backups through that; I have used this device and app on this windows 10 computer but it...
  3. win 10 cant or wont open my wd passport ultra 1Tb ext drive

win 10 cant or wont open my wd passport ultra 1Tb ext drive: k:\is not accessible the request failed due to a fatal device hardware error but the device manager says its working properly was never local disk k.... is this a registry error...
  4. WD My Passport external hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WD My Passport external hard drive: I am CONSTANTLY prompted to Re-Connect my Backup harddrive bc some files did not backup. I try to look at files but cant open and the files are tiny. SHOULD I BE WORRIED ABOUT TROJAN FILES ? Are they old orphan files from some uninstalled app. I KNOW, a list of files and...
  5. Take a look at my WDC MY Passport Ultra USB 3.0 HDD...

Take a look at my WDC MY Passport Ultra USB 3.0 HDD...: Take a look at this picture from CrystalDiskInfo - [img] Note that I circled TRIM. How does an HDD have TRIM listed as a feature? There's more to it but later... Thanks. *Zip 118164
  6. Windows 10 and WD Passport 111 Esential

Windows 10 and WD Passport 111 Esential: I have a WD Passport 111 Esential external drive that I would like to use but I cannot seem to do this because I have upgrated to Windows 10. (I did have Windows 7 at the time of purchase). Is there a way of to get around this? Seems a shame to throw it away and it was...
  7. Error 0x800701E3 WD my passport extra

Error 0x800701E3 WD my passport extra: Hi Roomies, I replaced my motherboard and reinstall win 10 pro and everything is running good. But I think I had this portable WD HDD (usb 3.0) plug in when my old motherboard when down and that is why I'm getting this error. Can someone please help me, I was to save...
  8. WD Passport causing Explorer.exe problems...

WD Passport causing Explorer.exe problems...: Hi all, So, I'm new to the forums and appreciate any direction/help that I can get. I searched but did not see another thread that would be better to post this in... I use a WD My Passport Ultra (1TB) to store live music mp3s on. For many months everything was working...
  9. WD My passport - Not recognized in Win 10

WD My passport - Not recognized in Win 10: I am having WD My passport Ultra (1tb) and its not recognized in any USB 3.0 ports, after initial one time! If I try my HDD in any USB 2.0 ports its recognized instantly. I tried reinstalling drivers from device manager, but same problem. PS: In WIN 7 OS, it gets...
  10. WD My passport not Recognized when Plugged in

WD My passport not Recognized when Plugged in: How many computers do you have and on how many computers have you tried it on ? Have you installed WD Smartware on the one computer on which it is accessible? What is the OS in it? Please plug it in any one Windows 10 computer that is not yours and that which does not...