Windows 10: WD My Passport Ultra There but not there

Discus and support WD My Passport Ultra There but not there in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a 1TB WD My Passport Ultra and it was working fine. I accessed a picture from it to send out in in an email and afterwards shut down my laptop.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by psyc0tic1, Aug 25, 2019.

1. psyc0tic1 Win User

WD My Passport Ultra There but not there

I have a 1TB WD My Passport Ultra and it was working fine. I accessed a picture from it to send out in in an email and afterwards shut down my laptop.

HP Envy, Win 10 bla bla bla

Later that day I booted up my laptop and the passport didn't show up in the file manager. It is in the device manager and the computer recognizes it as something that can be safely unplugged but it states it has not been initialized. I have files on it and I do not want to lose them.

I tried all of the obvious things like trying a different computer, restarting (I can't try a different USB cable because it is specific for that drive)... I even tried 2 different computers... all the same result.

How can I gain access back to this drive so I can quickly dump all my files from it to save them?

:)

psyc0tic1, Aug 25, 2019
  2. Heini82£ Win User

Wd my passport ultra

What do we need to do for the updated version of windows 10 to recognise our wd my passport ultra external hard drive?

Heini82£, Aug 25, 2019
  3. Windows 10 and WD Passport Ultra

Hi Carolyn,

A few reasons why your computer doesn't recognize your WD My Passport Ultra external hard drive may include the following:

• Your PC can't provide the hard drive's power requirement
    • The capacity of the hard drive may require a separate power source

To isolate this further, we suggest that you try connecting it to a different USB port on your computer. Check also the specification of your hard drive and see if it requires a separate power source. You may also try connecting it to a different computer
    and see if you encounter the same issue.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Aug 25, 2019
  4. 6352 Win User

WD Ultra Passport

Before sending my laptop in for repair I backed up all the information on a WD My Passport Ultra external harddrive. HP replaced my laptop with a new one. I downloaded several of the files from the passport to the laptop. When i went to open the files
    nothing showed up except a message that said I needed to find an app. Does anyone know what I need to do o open the files?

Thema:

1. WD My Passport Ultra There but not there - Similar Threads - Passport Ultra

2. I can't see and access my WD My passport ultra on window 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I can't see and access my WD My passport ultra on window 10: I can't see and access my WD My passport ultra on windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-see-and-access-my-wd-my-passport-ultra-on/9fba9db4-b281-437e-9303-97de5e9c2320
  3. I can't see and access my WD My passport ultra on window 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't see and access my WD My passport ultra on window 10: I can't see and access my WD My passport ultra on windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-see-and-access-my-wd-my-passport-ultra-on/9fba9db4-b281-437e-9303-97de5e9c2320
  4. I can't see and access my WD My passport ultra on window 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. If someone could help i would be so grateful! WD My passport Ultra External Hard drive not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If someone could help i would be so grateful! WD My passport Ultra External Hard drive not...: HI, Its a long shot but I'm hoping some kind knowledgeable person would be kind enough to help! have a WD My Passport Ultra external hardrive with lots of irreplaceable photos and videos of my family, the kids when they were young, meeting their grandparents who are no longer...
  6. If someone could help i would be so grateful! WD My passport Ultra External Hard drive not...

If someone could help i would be so grateful! WD My passport Ultra External Hard drive not...: HI, Its a long shot but I'm hoping some kind knowledgeable person would be kind enough to help! have a WD My Passport Ultra external hardrive with lots of irreplaceable photos and videos of my family, the kids when they were young, meeting their grandparents who are no longer...
  7. How do I set up a new computer laptop using the data files on My Passport Ultra?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I set up a new computer laptop using the data files on My Passport Ultra?: I currently have an Dell Inspiron 17. I backed up the information from this laptop to my My Passport Ultra. How can I set up a new Dell Inspiron 16 laptop using My Passport?...
  8. How do I set up a new computer laptop using the data files on My Passport Ultra?

How do I set up a new computer laptop using the data files on My Passport Ultra?: I currently have an Dell Inspiron 17. I backed up the information from this laptop to my My Passport Ultra. How can I set up a new Dell Inspiron 16 laptop using My Passport?...
  9. How do I set up a new computer laptop using the data files on My Passport Ultra?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. the device mass storage device - my passport ultra is not working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    the device mass storage device - my passport ultra is not working.: As you can see the ss, the diskmgmt doesnt show the hdd and even in the devices and printer section at the bottom, mypassport ultra says driver error and needs troubleshooting. I have uninstalled all usb drivers and reinstalled manually as it was mentioned in one of the...