Windows 10: wd mybook external hard drive does not work on windows 10 but works on 7

Discus and support wd mybook external hard drive does not work on windows 10 but works on 7 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; mybook doesn't work on windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by josephbernado, Jan 26, 2019.

1. wd mybook external hard drive does not work on windows 10 but works on 7

mybook doesn't work on windows 10

:)

josephbernado, Jan 26, 2019

2. WD External Hard Drive problem

The IDE one isn't working, but they're in cases. They're WD MyBook's. When taken out of the case, the one that doesn't show up is set at Cable Select, which is where I'm assuming it's supposed to be on a drive in an external enclosure? I'm currently searching for some data recovery software. Other then all of this, is there any other suggestions?

Misery In Death, Jan 26, 2019
  3. External Hard Drive and Windows 10

WD Mybook drives are frequenly cited as not working in these scenarios. For one thing the bundled software seems to be problematic. WD may have a firmware update.

There is no reason I can think of relating to external hard drives for returning to Windows 7.

The solution probably lies in attaching the drive to the Windows 10 computer and opening Disk Management. (Right click on Start and choose Disk Management.) If the drive appears as a raw dirve only, initialize it and assign a drive letter. If Disk Management
    does recognize it as a regular drive, delete the partition and create a new one. In both cases reformat the drive with NTFS. (Accept defaults) After all that, check it on the Windows 7 computer.

I suggest that if you need a backup program, not to use the one bundled with retail external hard drives. I recommend Macrium Reflect (free version) or Acronis True Image Home 2016 (paid).

Cbarnhorst, Jan 26, 2019
  4. DaveHirst Win User

wd mybook external hard drive does not work on windows 10 but works on 7

WD MyBook drive compatibility

Is my WD MyBook NAS drive, connected by ethernet to my router, compatible and usable with Windows 10?

DaveHirst, Jan 26, 2019
Thema:

wd mybook external hard drive does not work on windows 10 but works on 7

1. wd mybook external hard drive does not work on windows 10 but works on 7 - Similar Threads - mybook external hard

2. WD EXTERNAL DRIVE WORKED ON WINDOWS 11 BUT AFTER CONNECTING TO ANDROID DOES NOT WORK WITH...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WD EXTERNAL DRIVE WORKED ON WINDOWS 11 BUT AFTER CONNECTING TO ANDROID DOES NOT WORK WITH...: For years my WD external HD worked with Windows including windows 11. After connecting it to my Android TV box it also worked. Now the windows 11 computer does not recognise the WD and I cannot access very important files. Why and with limited skills what to do?...
  3. WD EXTERNAL DRIVE WORKED ON WINDOWS 11 BUT AFTER CONNECTING TO ANDROID DOES NOT WORK WITH...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WD EXTERNAL DRIVE WORKED ON WINDOWS 11 BUT AFTER CONNECTING TO ANDROID DOES NOT WORK WITH...: For years my WD external HD worked with Windows including windows 11. After connecting it to my Android TV box it also worked. Now the windows 11 computer does not recognise the WD and I cannot access very important files. Why and with limited skills what to do?...
  4. Windows 11 won’t work with my WD External Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 won’t work with my WD External Hard Drive: I cannot load the WD My Passport software on my Surface 8 computer running Windows 11. Is Windows 11 NOT compatible with the WD external hard drives?...
  5. Windows 11 won’t work with my WD External Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 won’t work with my WD External Hard Drive: I cannot load the WD My Passport software on my Surface 8 computer running Windows 11. Is Windows 11 NOT compatible with the WD external hard drives?...
  6. external hard drive (WD Black p10) not being detected/not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    external hard drive (WD Black p10) not being detected/not working: [ATTACH] So i found an external hard drive lying around and thought that i could use it since i only have 512 gb on my SSD, but when i go to plug it in, its detected in devices, but not actually showing in my drives, i reinstalled drivers for everything, made sure there...
  7. External Hard Drive working on windows 7 but not Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    External Hard Drive working on windows 7 but not Windows 10: Hello guys, hope all is well. So i my old laptop were starting to crash and i backed up all my files in an external hard drive ( Storejet Transcend USB 2Tb ) and it works fine on my laptop which have windows 7 64 bit, but when i bought my new PC which have Win 10. It does not...
  8. WD My passport External hard drive not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WD My passport External hard drive not working: The name and bar showing up shows fine, but when I try to download something it automatically goes to the C:/original hard drive. It ends up saying disk space full because my disk space on C:/ is full. How do I set up My Passport so it can take in files?...
  9. WD 4 TB External Hard Drive not working, but other external drives work OK

WD 4 TB External Hard Drive not working, but other external drives work OK: I have several WD external hard drives of various sizes, however my primary 4 TB drive fails to work anymore and I had just backed up my laptop last Sunday/Monday 7/12-13 and it was working fine last Thursday, but when I went to hook it up this past Sunday 7/19 it did not...
  10. WD MyBook drive compatibility

WD MyBook drive compatibility: Is my WD MyBook NAS drive, connected by ethernet to my router, compatible and usable with Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wd-mybook-drive-compatibility/fde2cfe7-e808-4bb1-868d-776f18ced246"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wd mybook not working with windows 10

2. cant find wd My Book drive windows 10 2019