Windows 10: WD MyCloud and Sync Software

Discus and support WD MyCloud and Sync Software in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello All, Anyone have a recommendation for software that syncs software between folders on my PC and a WD Mycloud? WD used to give us the software... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by bpatters69, Feb 19, 2021.

1. WD MyCloud and Sync Software

Hello All,

Anyone have a recommendation for software that syncs software between folders on my PC and a WD Mycloud? WD used to give us the software for free but now they have moved to a program called GoodSync. I am not really sold on it as It is a bit cumbersome and I don't think it will sync unless you run the program. Previously, if I made change to a folder on my PC, within seconds the MyCloud would update with the change.

I have Acronis and I use it for backup but it does not have a sync feature whereby I am syncing from a folder on my PC to a NAS. It does allow synch between one PC and another.

Thanks, Bill

:)

bpatters69, Feb 19, 2021
  2. whbyrd Win User

WD MyCloud Not Visible

My WD MyCloud is not visible in file explorer on either of my laptops. Its is visible on my desktop. All running win 10.

Any thoughts

Bill

whbyrd, Feb 19, 2021
  3. WD MyCloud Not Visible

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty with the problem.

I would require some more information to help you better.

• What is the make & model of the computer?
    • Did you try updating drivers for WD MyCloud in laptops?
    • When did it stopped working in laptops and did you made any changes prior to this issue?
    Just for confirmation which OS is install In Laptop.

Please reply us with above
    information.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Feb 19, 2021
  4. Atom1 Win User

WD MyCloud and Sync Software

Unable to access NAS (WD Mycloud)

I recently acquired and installed a WD Mycloud for the purpose of backing up all my computers, including my company's notebook. I cannot get the company notebook (Win 10 Enterprise) to see the Mycloud device. It does see all the other devices on my home network. All my other Win 10 and Win 7 machines have no problem using the Mycloud.
    Things I have tried:

None of this works. Now, I have at time seen the Mycloud on the network, which seemed to be related to enabling sharing and network discovery. However, even when I could see it, I still couldn't access it.

Any other ideas?

Atom1, Feb 19, 2021
Thema:

WD MyCloud and Sync Software

1. WD MyCloud and Sync Software - Similar Threads - MyCloud Sync Software

2. Map Network Drive fails to find my WD Mycloud NAS drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Map Network Drive fails to find my WD Mycloud NAS drive: Hi Guys,I am the proud owner of a Brand New HP All in one PC running windows 11.I am trying to map my NAS Drive and also Drive C: on my existing HP All in one PC without success.On the New PC when I select "This PC" I can see both my current Dive C: my old PC HEWLETPACKARD...
  3. Map Network Drive fails to find my WD Mycloud NAS drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Map Network Drive fails to find my WD Mycloud NAS drive: Hi Guys,I am the proud owner of a Brand New HP All in one PC running windows 11.I am trying to map my NAS Drive and also Drive C: on my existing HP All in one PC without success.On the New PC when I select "This PC" I can see both my current Dive C: my old PC HEWLETPACKARD...
  4. 8 Dec windows 10 update carried out and now my WD MyCloud is inaccessible

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    8 Dec windows 10 update carried out and now my WD MyCloud is inaccessible: windows 10 update carried out and now my WD MyCloud is inaccessible why????? what do I , or microsoft need to do to rectify this? this is becoming more common, an imposed update that breaks the stable platform......................
  5. My Book and Mycloud Home

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My Book and Mycloud Home: I have both a MyBook and Mycloud Home on my network. Can I use File History to backup files to Mycloud Home instead of My Book. Right now when I go to Settings to change drives, Mycloud Home is not shown. Why? Thanks, Mark...
  6. Windows no longer recognizing mycloud

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows no longer recognizing mycloud: I had to do a fresh install of my windows10 now it's not recognizing my my cloud device no other devices on my network are having issues just my pc any help would be appreciated....
  7. WD MyCloud shows up with generic icons

WD MyCloud shows up with generic icons: I have a 3TB WD MyCloud NAS that is not showing up with right icons in file explorer. The NAS shows up under "Computers" and "Storage devices" and I have acces to the NAS, so everything is working fine. I have created desktop shortcuts by right-clicking on these icons. The...
  8. WD Discovery software - Surface pro X

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WD Discovery software - Surface pro X: Hi MS, i'm unable to install the WD Discovery software on my Surface PRO X going through the troubleshooting on WD website, they mention an issue with ARM based CPU and directed me to MS support. please advice the steps to install the software thanks...
  9. Unable to access NAS (WD Mycloud)

Unable to access NAS (WD Mycloud): I recently acquired and installed a WD Mycloud for the purpose of backing up all my computers, including my company's notebook. I cannot get the company notebook (Win 10 Enterprise) to see the Mycloud device. It does see all the other devices on my home network. All my other...
  10. WD MyCloud - Very intermittent connection and inability to switch user shares on Windows 10

WD MyCloud - Very intermittent connection and inability to switch user shares on Windows 10: The rest of this post was taken from my thread on the Western Digital support forum. After not having much luck there I have decided to seek advice here especially since it seems to be caused by an issue with Windows 10. Essentially, the WD MyCloud sometimes appears as a...