Windows 10: WD MyPassport

Discus and support WD MyPassport in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; The WD My Passport I recently purchased shows up on disc drives in my control panel, but will not open and/or run? Is there a step I'm missing?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Nightmare6, Jul 5, 2020.

1. WD MyPassport

The WD My Passport I recently purchased shows up on disc drives in my control panel, but will not open and/or run? Is there a step I'm missing?

:)

Nightmare6, Jul 5, 2020

2. WD MyPassport 071A

So it seems that there is an issue between certain WD external drives and Windows 10. My WD MyPassport does not properly install drivers when I plug it into my USB 2.0 port. Tried USB 3.0 port but that didn't work. Drive is powered up and running, and
    even shows up in the Device Manager, but no amount of rebooting, checking to see if the drive is corrupted, or installing drive utilities can fix it. Tried installing DriverUtility from WD website but even that doesn't recognize it. If anyone knows where there
    is a link that I can directly download the WD MyPassport 071A Win10 drive from, I will be forever greatful.

CameronHumphry, Jul 5, 2020
  3. Phone Man Win User
    WD MyPassport 1TB only works through USB 2 ports, USB 3 not recognised

The USB 3 ports are actually wired with leads for USB 3 and leads for USB 2. Since you narrowed it down to the WD device, maybe there is problem with the USB 3 leads on that port. Take a good look at the pins on the WD drive.
    Pins 1-4 are USB 2 and pins 5-9 are USB 3.
    WD MyPassport [​IMG]

WD MyPassport [​IMG]

Phone Man, Jul 5, 2020
  4. WD MyPassport

WD Mypassport Ultra

I have a windows 10 2tb drive, powers up and shows on file explorer. When you click on it, it gives you a G:\is not accessible Access denied. I have plugged in two other computers and get the same error. I have run the wd utility program and it reports
    no problems.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

DavidActeson, Jul 5, 2020
Thema:

WD MyPassport

1. WD MyPassport - Similar Threads - MyPassport

2. 7 year old MyPassport - Health still 100% after >1040 days power on

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    7 year old MyPassport - Health still 100% after >1040 days power on: I have an external 2TB 2.5" WD MyPassport drive connected and powered all the time my PC is on. It's used for Genie Timeline and so is constantly backing off changed files. It's also used by Macrium Reflect. I realised the other day that it's now over 7 years old, bought...
  3. MyPassport is creating corrupt drives

MyPassport is creating corrupt drives: Whenever I plug in my MyPassport Ultra, I have to reassign a drive letter to it. When I eject it, the drive letter is left behind. When I plug it back in, it makes me have to reassign a new drive letter and leaves a corrupt drive. Drives A, E, and F are corrupt.[ATTACH]...
  4. WD MyPassport 1TB only works through USB 2 ports, USB 3 not recognised

WD MyPassport 1TB only works through USB 2 ports, USB 3 not recognised: Hi, to cut the story short, mypassport external drive suddenly stopped being recognised on USB 3 ports (it lights up and spins, but no drive shows up) whereas the USB 2 port is working fine albeit slow obviously. The SMART data show 700 hours of being powered on and...