Windows 10: WD not shown in Explorer but shown in Disk Management

Discus and support WD not shown in Explorer but shown in Disk Management in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I recently tried to connect my WD Extrernal 1 TB passport to my windows PC. After connecting, I hear the normal click sound that appears on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Krish_1234, Jan 2, 2019.

1. WD not shown in Explorer but shown in Disk Management

Hi,

I recently tried to connect my WD Extrernal 1 TB passport to my windows PC. After connecting, I hear the normal click sound that appears on connecting on any external device. But I dont see any device shown in the explorer. I do see my passport under disk management with different allocation. Kindly suggest what can be done to access the files on the hard disk. I also tried to connect it to a Windows laptop but the same thing.

NOTE: I did not make any change to either PC or hard disk.

Thanks,

:)

Krish_1234, Jan 2, 2019
  2. henryvo1 Win User

the usb disk drive is shown in "Disk management" but NOT in File manager

the usb disk drive is shown in "Disk management" but NOT in File manager

please help

henryvo1, Jan 2, 2019
  3. the usb disk drive is shown in "Disk management" but NOT in File manager

What Filesystem is shown by the disk manager? Or simply,

Can you post back the screenshot of Disk management?

Sumit Dhiman2, Jan 2, 2019
  4. Skofab Win User

WD not shown in Explorer but shown in Disk Management

Disk order shown in disk Management

WD not shown in Explorer but shown in Disk Management [​IMG]

I read somewhere that the C directory disk should ideally be Disk 0 - as you will see, my three internal disks do not follow this pattern.

Do I need to swap the signal leads at the motherboard end to correct this - or does it not really matter. I confess I do like to see detail where the main drive is listed first*Wink
    Will this work, or it it not to be advised or have adverse consequences.
    Thanks in advance for your comments

Skofab, Jan 2, 2019
Thema:

WD not shown in Explorer but shown in Disk Management

1. WD not shown in Explorer but shown in Disk Management - Similar Threads - shown Explorer shown

2. my harddrive shown as not initialized on disk management

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my harddrive shown as not initialized on disk management: hard drive when plugged via usb it gives clucking code sound western digital WXP1E21MTF34 as attached, it clucks 9 times then 3 times then 3 times again then nothing! how can i get windows to recognize the harddrive given that it didn't shown any signs of it being about to...
  3. my harddrive shown as not initialized on disk management

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my harddrive shown as not initialized on disk management: hard drive when plugged via usb it gives clucking code sound western digital WXP1E21MTF34 as attached, it clucks 9 times then 3 times then 3 times again then nothing! how can i get windows to recognize the harddrive given that it didn't shown any signs of it being about to...
  4. WD My passport External drive 1tb is shown as not initialized in disk management and it is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WD My passport External drive 1tb is shown as not initialized in disk management and it is...: I'm using windows 11 and windows 10 laptops. I have a wd external hard drive 1tb capacity which was working without any problems. Few days back I remove it from the devices and printers window because the safe to remove disk option in the system tray was failing to eject it...
  5. WD My passport External drive 1tb is shown as not initialized in disk management and it is...

WD My passport External drive 1tb is shown as not initialized in disk management and it is...: I'm using windows 11 and windows 10 laptops. I have a wd external hard drive 1tb capacity which was working without any problems. Few days back I remove it from the devices and printers window because the safe to remove disk option in the system tray was failing to eject it...
  6. External hard disk is not shown in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External hard disk is not shown in File Explorer: I recently exchanged my laptop with a new hp pavillion laptop. So that I am using the hard disk from old laptop as an external storage. I didn't cleared any of the datas and also the windows installation files were also there. The hard disk was working fine for 2-3 times of...
  7. External hard disk is not shown in File Explorer

External hard disk is not shown in File Explorer: I recently exchanged my laptop with a new hp pavillion laptop. So that I am using the hard disk from old laptop as an external storage. I didn't cleared any of the datas and also the windows installation files were also there. The hard disk was working fine for 2-3 times of...
  8. My external seagate hdd is shown on disk management and device manager but is not shown on...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My external seagate hdd is shown on disk management and device manager but is not shown on...: My external seagate hdd is shown on disk management and device manager but is not shown on file manager,it shows that it is online in disk management and that there are 2 partitions and both are online How do i fix this? [ATTACH]...
  9. My 1TB external hard disk is recognised. But not shown in disk management and file explorer.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My 1TB external hard disk is recognised. But not shown in disk management and file explorer.: [ATTACH][ATTACH] [ATTACH] It automatically disconnects after a minute. The screenshots were taken while it was connected. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-1tb-external-hard-disk-is-recognised-but-not/533e6db5-74af-4fda-bce3-d8effed7dc69
  10. Disk order shown in disk Management

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disk order shown in disk Management: [img] I read somewhere that the C directory disk should ideally be Disk 0 - as you will see, my three internal disks do not follow this pattern. Do I need to swap the signal leads at the motherboard end to correct this - or does it not really matter. I confess I do...