Windows 10: WD notification icon + WD User Interface ?

Discus and support WD notification icon + WD User Interface ? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am using Windows Defender. In task manager, I see both of these processes running. the two of them are also in startup. Is this normal? can and... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by shmu26, Aug 30, 2016.

1. shmu26 Win User

WD notification icon + WD User Interface ?

I am using Windows Defender.
    In task manager, I see both of these processes running.
    the two of them are also in startup.
    Is this normal? can and should I disable one of them in startup?

:)

shmu26, Aug 30, 2016

2. How to Turn On or Off Windows Defender Real-time Protection in Windows 10

The Windows Defender icon in the notification area is not a reliable method to tell if WD is running or not.
    Instead, if WD shows that it and real-time protection is turned on, then WD is running in the background(hide)

YosephHidayat, Aug 30, 2016
  3. Does Windows Defender autorun on startup in Windows 10...

WD does start automatically and you should get a notification if it does not and you are unprotected. Why they designed not to have a Notification Area WD icon is beyond me, but it's an easy fix and good for peace of mind.

Windows Defender Notification Area Icon - Hide or Show in Windows 10

Hide or Show Windows Defender Notification Area Icon in Windows 10

Bruce Hagen, Aug 30, 2016
Thema:

WD notification icon + WD User Interface ?

1. WD notification icon + WD User Interface ? - Similar Threads - notification icon User

2. Problem with WD

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Problem with WD: I ran a virus test file today on my wife's laptop. The threat already removed but after the scan WD keep detecting the threat, even though thread already removed. [img] As you can see in the screenshot, scan result "no threat found", but it's still there in "Current...
  3. WD failure

in Windows 10 Customization
    WD failure: Received notice of response from Frederik Long regarding two threads but cannot find thread regarding failure to recognize Administrator and deletion of files in hard drive. Files continue to disappear .....
  4. WD MyPassport

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WD MyPassport: The WD My Passport I recently purchased shows up on disc drives in my control panel, but will not open and/or run? Is there a step I'm missing? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wd-mypassport/d212a453-f8b6-4308-ba46-434d835bb48a
  5. WD 4TPortfolio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WD 4TPortfolio: how do I unlock https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wd-4tportfolio/6ae75784-0b0b-407e-b863-5e9e18c56228
  6. WD MyCloud shows up with generic icons

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WD MyCloud shows up with generic icons: I have a 3TB WD MyCloud NAS that is not showing up with right icons in file explorer. The NAS shows up under "Computers" and "Storage devices" and I have acces to the NAS, so everything is working fine. I have created desktop shortcuts by right-clicking on these icons. The...
  7. WD Backup installer fails to recognise WD drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WD Backup installer fails to recognise WD drive: I just bought a My Passport. I cannot get the WD Backup to install. During the process I get a message that says it cannot see a target drive. The drive is visible in windows 10 explorer and is recognised by Windows Backup. Looking forward to your help. Thanks...
  8. wd passport

wd passport: I reloaded my windows 10 after a crash . But the WD password does not seems to find my files to be downloaded back to the PC . Even the WD program disappeared from the drive . What I have to do to get my files back ?...
  9. WD Elements

WD Elements: I have a WD Elements but have no idea whether it is a 500mb,1TB, 2TB or what ever. How do I find out please? 117424
  10. WD bogus notification: malware detected and cleaned

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    WD bogus notification: malware detected and cleaned: Hello. I received a notification today from WD (at the notifications area) stating that "malware detected and is being cleaned". Funny enough I checked WD history and nothing was found there. I clicked on the notification and nothing was shown there either. What gives?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why im not seeing wd my cloud in notification area for pc