Windows 10: WD (or maybe WDO) Scan button is grayed out

Discus and support WD (or maybe WDO) Scan button is grayed out in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Split from this thread. Have you recently infected with malware? Try run scan with Windows Defender Offline:... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by LikeB, May 9, 2019.

1. LikeB Win User

WD (or maybe WDO) Scan button is grayed out

LikeB, May 9, 2019
  2. Steve C Win User

Defender Periodic Scanning or Offline Scanning?

That link does suggest it's useful to use Defender offline scanning in addition to periodic scanning and a third party real time anti virus (e.g. Kaspersky).

Steve C, May 9, 2019
  3. JoeJY Win User
    Windows defender custom scan does not scan external drives

I have Defender Windows 10. I tried using custom scan to select and scan external drives. The screen listing the drives comes up, but the "OK" button remains grayed out so unable to scan any of the drives listed. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

JoeJY, May 9, 2019
  4. Tryx3 Win User

Windows defender ofline scan

Peter,

Event viewer maintains a record of the scan starting at

Application & service logs,

Microsoft,

Windows,

Windows defender,

Operational,

Event IDs 2030, 5007

• WDO failures that Windows knew about would be recorded as EventID 2031
    • but WDO failures while Windows was not running would not be recorded.

But there is no record of its completion unless it finds malware detections to report in

Windows defender security centre,

Virus & threat protection,

Scan history.

• The Last scan entry in that dialog refers to Windows defender itself not WDO.

Denis

Tryx3, May 9, 2019
Thema:

1. WD (or maybe WDO) Scan button is grayed out - Similar Threads - maybe WDO Scan

2. Purchase Buttons on Windows Store Grayed Out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Purchase Buttons on Windows Store Grayed Out: Hello,I am unable to purchase games or apps on the Windows Store. All games/apps show this gray button where the purchase/download button should be. I have looked online everywhere and have not found a solutions. To make matters worse, I cannot sign out directly in the app or...
  3. Purchase Buttons on Windows Store Grayed Out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Purchase Buttons on Windows Store Grayed Out: Hello,I am unable to purchase games or apps on the Windows Store. All games/apps show this gray button where the purchase/download button should be. I have looked online everywhere and have not found a solutions. To make matters worse, I cannot sign out directly in the app or...
  4. Power button grayed out

in Windows 10 Customization
    Power button grayed out: Power icon grayed out in turn system icon ..tried task manager windows explorer restart didn't help, went to device manager disabled Microsoft AC Adaptor then enabled disabled Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery restated laptop in safe mode no use, from command...
  5. Grayed-out Install Button in Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Grayed-out Install Button in Microsoft Store: After uninstalling Minecraft to update it to the latest version, the "Install" button was grayed-out. I have tried every possible fix, however, none of them was able to fix the issue. I have also reset my PC to a clean installation of Windows 10 Pro 20H2. [ATTACH]...
  6. Ideas button grayed out

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Ideas button grayed out: hi< i have downloaded the free trial for office 365, that will then get purchased after the months period. i intially did not find the ideas button, so i got it from the options and added it. i then tried applying it it just doesn;t work and is grayed out. also the...
  7. Microsoft Store install Button Grayed out

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store install Button Grayed out: Hello, I recently have switched and upgraded from a old computer. So as I was beginning to re download everything, I went to the Microsoft store and tried to download a gameState of Decay 2. However the install button is completely grayed out, but their is the 3 dot button...
  8. maximize button grayed out

in Windows 10 Customization
    maximize button grayed out: I open a link within 1 application. The link opens but the scroll up/down and left right are not available; the resizing of the edges are not available and the maximize is grayed out. Windows 10 IE 11 Only happens with this one application/web page. Works fine on my...
  9. YES button grayed out on user control

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    YES button grayed out on user control: when trying to load a new software, the window asks if i want to allow this program to make changes to my computer. The ONLY choice is no...it asks for admin id and password..help...
  10. Grayed-out Buttons on Win10 Login Screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Grayed-out Buttons on Win10 Login Screen: Hi, I am having a weird problem. The first problem was that I could not remember my password. I kept randomly entering possible passwords, none of which worked. I turned the laptop off for awhile. When I started up again, and the Login Screen came up, the password box, and...