Windows 10: WD vs SeaGate

Discus and support WD vs SeaGate in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; WD vs Seagate I have heard many opinions on the two which one is yours and more important, why? 154412 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TechnoChicken, Apr 16, 2020.

1. WD vs SeaGate

WD vs Seagate I have heard many opinions on the two which one is yours and more important, why?

:)

TechnoChicken, Apr 16, 2020

2. seagate or WD

I have WD, Seagates and Samsungs. Do not go for greenpower WDs. Other WDs are good. Seagate, avoid .11. Samsungs, go F1. Marvellous.

lemonadesoda, May 23, 2020
  3. Melvis Win User
    seagate or WD

Both are fine Seagate or WD, i run both drives and have had problems with both drives (Returned 1 WD and 1 Seagate) and i run up to 7 PC's here at home with ether WD or Seagate drives. I used to run a 120GB WD it was dam fast but only lasted two yrs till it started to die. Gone to Seagate since then but then Seagate had the bad firm ware. My new/next HDD's will be WD, and ill see how they go this time around.

Size? its totally up to you, personally id go with a 500GB, but thats just me.

If you got the cash go with a couple of 300GB Raptors *Wink WD vs SeaGate ;)

Melvis, May 23, 2020
  4. WD vs SeaGate

Seagate, WD, or...?

WD Black (7200 RPM) is good.
    WD RE (7200 RPM high reliability) are good.
    WD VelociRaptor (10,000 RPM) is good.
    Seagate Barracuda (7200 RPM) is good.
    Seagate Constellation ES (7200 RPM high reliability) are good.

The rest be garbage.

FordGT90Concept, May 23, 2020
Thema:

WD vs SeaGate

1. WD vs SeaGate - Similar Threads - SeaGate

2. My seagate hard disk does not show up in explorer in windows 7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My seagate hard disk does not show up in explorer in windows 7: I have been using a 1terabyte External Hard Disk Seagate P/N ITEAP5-500 USB as backup for my files. I tried backing up some files today and it worked well for some time. Suddenly "Windows explorer" hung and I could neither log out nor restart. With no option I reset the PC...
  3. My seagate hard disk does not show up in explorer in windows 7

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My seagate hard disk does not show up in explorer in windows 7: I have been using a 1terabyte External Hard Disk Seagate P/N ITEAP5-500 USB as backup for my files. I tried backing up some files today and it worked well for some time. Suddenly "Windows explorer" hung and I could neither log out nor restart. With no option I reset the PC...
  4. Very old seagate drive 1TB - Can't access it and can't format it. Cant remember what's...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Very old seagate drive 1TB - Can't access it and can't format it. Cant remember what's...: My seagate drive is not showing up under devices and drives in the "this pc" menu, so I can't access it, but it is showing up in device manager and disk managment.I'm fairly sure it is corrupted as it shows up unnamed in disk manager and there is no "NFTS".screenshot failed...
  5. Very old seagate drive 1TB - Can't access it and can't format it. Cant remember what's...

Very old seagate drive 1TB - Can't access it and can't format it. Cant remember what's...: My seagate drive is not showing up under devices and drives in the "this pc" menu, so I can't access it, but it is showing up in device manager and disk managment.I'm fairly sure it is corrupted as it shows up unnamed in disk manager and there is no "NFTS".screenshot failed...
  6. Very old seagate drive 1TB - Can't access it and can't format it. Cant remember what's...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. External Seagate Hard Drive 100% read and write, possible corruption?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External Seagate Hard Drive 100% read and write, possible corruption?: Hello there, I am having trouble with my External Seagate Backup Plus Portable Drive 1 TB Blue, it keeps freezing at times and when I check Task Manager, it shows 100% on the read and write. I suspect the drive maybe corrupted so I ran chkdsk. It ran for a couple of days...
  8. External Seagate Hard Drive 100% read and write, possible corruption?

External Seagate Hard Drive 100% read and write, possible corruption?: Hello there, I am having trouble with my External Seagate Backup Plus Portable Drive 1 TB Blue, it keeps freezing at times and when I check Task Manager, it shows 100% on the read and write. I suspect the drive maybe corrupted so I ran chkdsk. It ran for a couple of days...
  9. External Seagate Hard Drive 100% read and write, possible corruption?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Laptop updated and Seagate External Portable Hard Drive Not Working

Laptop updated and Seagate External Portable Hard Drive Not Working: My laptop update by itself and now when ever I try to use my seagate external portable hard drive the computer tells me that "D:\ is not accessible, The file or directory is corrupted and unreadabale"...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 8tn external wd vs seagate