Windows 10: WD_Black SN850 NVMe SSD no longer shows up in Windows 10

Discus and support WD_Black SN850 NVMe SSD no longer shows up in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have had the NVMe drive installed and partitioned and working fine for about a month now. I only had one game on it so I only use it for that. When I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JordanReinhart, May 9, 2021.

1. WD_Black SN850 NVMe SSD no longer shows up in Windows 10

I have had the NVMe drive installed and partitioned and working fine for about a month now. I only had one game on it so I only use it for that. When I tried to boot the game it said there was an error locating the file. So when I looked in my "Devices and Drivers" under "This PC" the WD_Black SSD did not show up. It is no longer in the disk management either. When I go into BIOS I can see it there. I am at a loss. Please let me know anything I can try that might fix the issue.

:)

JordanReinhart, May 9, 2021
  2. N7AS Win User

Upgrade m.2 NVMe 256GB SSD to a larger m.2 NVMe SSD

I have an HP EliteDesk 800 G5 Mini PC and would like to change the boot WD_Black SN720 256GB NVMe m.2 SSD for a WD_Black SN850 500GB NVMe m.2 SSD.There are 2 NVMe M.2 slots and already have installed a WD_Black SN750 1TB NVMe Internal SSD in the second slot as a Data drive.What is the easiest way to clone my present boot m.2 SSD to a new WD_Black SN850 500GB NVMe m.2 SSD?Would I have to purchase an External USB Gen 2 NVMe enclosure as I have USB Gen 2 slots on this PC?

N7AS, May 9, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    Western Digital expands WD_BLACK Portfolio of storage solutions

Source: https://www.westerndigital.com/compa...lack-portfolio

Brink, May 9, 2021
  4. sygnus21 Win User

WD_Black SN850 NVMe SSD no longer shows up in Windows 10

Upgrade m.2 NVMe 256GB SSD to a larger m.2 NVMe SSD

First before doing anything, make sure you backup your data.

Now, if the PC has two slots as you indicate, put the other one in and clone the present drive to it. If you've already got both slots filled, remove the none OS drive one and replace it with the drive to be cloned.

Once you clone the drive, place it in the slot of the drive that was cloned. Then put the other data drive back that was removed. That's it.

sygnus21, May 9, 2021
Thema:

WD_Black SN850 NVMe SSD no longer shows up in Windows 10

1. WD_Black SN850 NVMe SSD no longer shows up in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - WD_Black SN850 NVMe

2. Why is neither my NVMe SSD or SATA SSD showing up in the windows 10 installer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is neither my NVMe SSD or SATA SSD showing up in the windows 10 installer?: So I just finished building my first PC, and while trying to install windows 10 from a USB, my NVMe M.2 SSD doesn’t show up while choosing a drive to install it on. So I bought a new Samsung 870 EVO SSD hoping it would show up, and sure enough it doesn’t either.Both SSDs are...
  3. Why is neither my NVMe SSD or SATA SSD showing up in the windows 10 installer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is neither my NVMe SSD or SATA SSD showing up in the windows 10 installer?: So I just finished building my first PC, and while trying to install windows 10 from a USB, my NVMe M.2 SSD doesn’t show up while choosing a drive to install it on. So I bought a new Samsung 870 EVO SSD hoping it would show up, and sure enough it doesn’t either.Both SSDs are...
  4. Why is neither my NVMe SSD or SATA SSD showing up in the windows 10 installer?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. NvMe SSD doesn’t show up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NvMe SSD doesn’t show up: I’m using Lenovo ThinkPad E580. I was using SSD Twin 256 gb as my primary drive where windows is installed. Since I switched to ssd I was very happy with my laptop performance. Yesterday I transferred some photo from my camera to laptop then I disconnected card reader as...
  6. NvMe SSD doesn’t show up

NvMe SSD doesn’t show up: I’m using Lenovo ThinkPad E580. I was using SSD Twin 256 gb as my primary drive where windows is installed. Since I switched to ssd I was very happy with my laptop performance. Yesterday I transferred some photo from my camera to laptop then I disconnected card reader as...
  7. NvMe SSD doesn’t show up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Upgrade Windows 7 on SSD NVMe to Windows 10 on SSD NVMe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade Windows 7 on SSD NVMe to Windows 10 on SSD NVMe: I've been searching the web for this answer but I cannot find any. It's either they tell you how to upgrade from Windows 7 on regular HDD to Windows 10 on regular HDD or how they migrate from Windows 10 on HDD to Windows 10 on SSD NVME.So right now I'm still using Windows 7...
  9. Upgrade Windows 7 on SSD NVMe to Windows 10 on SSD NVMe

Upgrade Windows 7 on SSD NVMe to Windows 10 on SSD NVMe: I've been searching the web for this answer but I cannot find any. It's either they tell you how to upgrade from Windows 7 on regular HDD to Windows 10 on regular HDD or how they migrate from Windows 10 on HDD to Windows 10 on SSD NVME.So right now I'm still using Windows 7...
  10. NVME SSD not showing up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    NVME SSD not showing up: I just plugged in a WD Blue 250GB M.2 SSD, my motherboard says that it is an M.2 drive and that it is for an SSD, but when I load my computer it does not show on device manager, this pc or disk management. Does anyone know how to fix this...