Windows 10: WDADesktop Service - could it be causing Windows 10 & Window 11 Slowing then Freezing?

Discus and support WDADesktop Service - could it be causing Windows 10 & Window 11 Slowing then Freezing? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Started having bluescreen issues with my Surface Pro6 last year about the same time as this WDADesktopService.exe began to ghost on my tablet. Tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Chiji2000, Jan 24, 2022.

1. Chiji2000 Win User

WDADesktop Service - could it be causing Windows 10 & Window 11 Slowing then Freezing?

Started having bluescreen issues with my Surface Pro6 last year about the same time as this WDADesktopService.exe began to ghost on my tablet. Tried all sorts to diagnose the issue especially after a few disastrous losses of data. This year I decided to upgrade reluctantly to Windows 11 and it has only gotten worse - 3-4 crashes daily. Grateful for any help.

:)

Chiji2000, Jan 24, 2022
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 24, 2022
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jan 24, 2022
  4. Jborg Win User

WDADesktop Service - could it be causing Windows 10 & Window 11 Slowing then Freezing?

windows 10 slow boot

I was having a slow boot issue on my Windows 7 install a little while back. It would take about 30 - 40 extra seconds to boot up for whatever reason.

I would try following these steps, while this didn't solve my issue, it did increase Read/Write to where it should be.

10 Tips for SSD Optimization in Windows 7 - Part 1

Looks to be similar to this: https://www.back2gaming.com/focus-story/ssd-optimization-for-windows-10-windows-8-and-8-1/

In the end, I had to reinstall my Windows 7 entirely to fix the booting issue. It was taking around 35 seconds to boot, and after the fresh install it takes about 7 seconds to boot.

Jborg, Jan 24, 2022
Thema:

1. WDADesktop Service - could it be causing Windows 10 & Window 11 Slowing then Freezing? - Similar Threads - WDADesktop Service causing

2. Windows 11 Freezing/Slow Performance

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Freezing/Slow Performance: Good day,This issue that I have been experiencing could be quite broad in terms of troubleshooting. Long story short, we have been experiencing slow performance, freezing and lagging on our laptops using Windows 11.We took the issue up with Dell as we found the same issue on...
  3. Windows 11 Freezing/Slow Performance

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Freezing/Slow Performance: Good day,This issue that I have been experiencing could be quite broad in terms of troubleshooting. Long story short, we have been experiencing slow performance, freezing and lagging on our laptops using Windows 11.We took the issue up with Dell as we found the same issue on...
  4. Windows Index Services Causes PC to Freeze

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Index Services Causes PC to Freeze: Hi everyone! My PC is acting weird after updating to Windows 11 22H2. Since that, I've been experiencing freezing with Storage Activity LED constantly on, and when I open task manager Windows Indexing Service is using 100% disk activity. What I have tried :rebuilding index...
  5. Windows Index Services Causes PC to Freeze

Windows Index Services Causes PC to Freeze: Hi everyone! My PC is acting weird after updating to Windows 11 22H2. Since that, I've been experiencing freezing with Storage Activity LED constantly on, and when I open task manager Windows Indexing Service is using 100% disk activity. What I have tried :rebuilding index...
  6. Windows 11 service host processes causing bluetooth devices to freeze

Windows 11 service host processes causing bluetooth devices to freeze: I upgraded my PC to Windows 11 in November 2021. Shortly after upgrading, my Aftershokz bluetooth headset no longer functioned properly - both mic and sound skip. Then my bluetooth mouse started lagging then freezing entirely. Then the keyboard started doing it. It was time...
  7. Windows 11 service host processes causing bluetooth devices to freeze

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 service host processes causing bluetooth devices to freeze: I upgraded my PC to Windows 11 in November 2021. Shortly after upgrading, my Aftershokz bluetooth headset no longer functioned properly - both mic and sound skip. Then my bluetooth mouse started lagging then freezing entirely. Then the keyboard started doing it. It was time...
  8. WDADesktop Service - could it be causing Windows 10 & Window 11 Slowing then Freezing?

WDADesktop Service - could it be causing Windows 10 & Window 11 Slowing then Freezing?: Started having bluescreen issues with my Surface Pro6 last year about the same time as this WDADesktopService.exe began to ghost on my tablet. Tried all sorts to diagnose the issue especially after a few disastrous losses of data. This year I decided to upgrade reluctantly to...
  9. SmartByte Network Service causes slow Internet speed on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    SmartByte Network Service causes slow Internet speed on Windows 10: [ATTACH]Some PC users reported an unusual experience, whereby they notice slow internet speed on […] This article SmartByte Network Service causes slow Internet speed on Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  10. What could be causing this crashing and freezing.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What could be causing this crashing and freezing.: I have had frequent 1-3 times a day freezing of video and audio, and for the past few months, I have been trying to solve the issue to myself and have not been able to fix it. I've tried dusting my computer, reinstalling windows, and updating my drivers. And now just today,...