Windows 10: WDAG - Application Guard

Discus and support WDAG - Application Guard in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, We are seeing performance problems on boot and usage of skype on several thousand machines running application guard. The CPU on a cold boot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Mark Harburn, Mar 8, 2020.

1. WDAG - Application Guard

Hello,

We are seeing performance problems on boot and usage of skype on several thousand machines running application guard. The CPU on a cold boot on gen 8 i5, ssd, 8 gig of ram lasts around two minutes and along with all the other services starting impacts the initial log in time quite significantly. We have also had reports that once removed they are having better skype performance, however we have not been able to reproduce these skype issues.

Is it possible this is a mix of WDAG and filter drivers for AV etc, does anyone else run WDAG on a large scale and have similar performance issues? We considered disabling it but the new office WDAG looks a cool feature.

:)

Mark Harburn, Mar 8, 2020

2. Windows Defender Application Guard settings

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as you have some queries on WDAG that you are implementing in your enterprise network.

We would like you to check these articles on WDAG, which will clarify the queries:

Windows Defender Application Guard overview

System requirements for Windows Defender Application Guard

Configure Windows Defender Application Guard policy
    settings

Frequently asked questions - Windows Defender Application
    Guard

If you have any further query on WDAG, I would suggest you to post your query in

TechNet Forums
    where you will find professionals with expertise on WDAG for Enterprise network and that would be the appropriate forum.

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Mar 8, 2020
  3. Windows Defender Application Guard settings

Hello Team,

Kindly let me know few details about Windows Defender Application Guard.

1. When WDAG is implemented in a Company (Enterprise Network), Chrome and firefox extension should be added. Let me know whether end user will be able to disable the WDAG extension by himself.

2. Having company proxy in place, how does WDAG function. Whether there are any proxy leverage need to be done.

3. Microsoft Edge enabling WDAG at enterprise level, whether user will be able to use the isolated browser as a only choice or he can use normal edge browser. Whether it's end user who need to enable the Isolated browser using Edge..?

Nandeeshmath, Mar 8, 2020
  4. WDAG - Application Guard

Application Guard in 1809 Home Edition

Hi Paul,

You would have to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro for WDAG as it is available in 1803+, but not for home.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/securi...

Another similar feature, Windows Sandbox coming in future release would be available in Pro only(coming with 1903)

Sumit (Independent Advisor), Mar 8, 2020
Thema:

WDAG - Application Guard

1. WDAG - Application Guard - Similar Threads - WDAG Application Guard

2. Windows defender application guard WDAG bypasses my vpn

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows defender application guard WDAG bypasses my vpn: Hi all Don't know if this is working as intended or missing some setting or whatever. Version: Windows 10 Pro Version: 20H2 Build: 19042.685 Problem: i use F-secures Freedom VPN on my pc. When i start up an Edge session with WDAG the internet connection starts using a...
  3. Application Guard has stopped working

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Application Guard has stopped working: I'm seeing this dialog every now and then: [img] Code: WDAG Report - Container: Error: 0x80070512, Ext error: 0x00000008; RDP: Error: 0x800705b4, Ext error: 0x00000000 Location: 0x00000000 This is MS Edge browser application guard. sometimes it works just fine, sometimes...
  4. Windows Defender Application Guard

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Application Guard: Windows Defender Application Guard is listed on my windows features in control Panel but it's out of colour and when I try to turn on the feature it says my device configuration doesn't support it....
  5. Windows Defender Application Guard

Windows Defender Application Guard: Hi, could you please advise if need to install Hypervisor feature in Windows 10 devices install and configure Windows Defender Application Guard? https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/security/threat-protection/windows-defender-application-guard/reqs-wd-app-guard...
  6. Windows Defender Application Guard

Windows Defender Application Guard: I found the instructions for installing and setting up Application Guard using GPO. We have moved our entire infrastructure to Microsoft 365 in the cloud so how do you set up Application Guard using Intune policies?...
  7. Windows Defender Application Guard

Windows Defender Application Guard: I like Windows Defender Application Guard and think it is great for browsing. But I do have a query, what is the best behaviour? Is it better to use it just for less reputable websites or it is safer to use it for all of my browsing, even trustworthy sites because they can be...
  8. Windows Defender Application Guard?

Windows Defender Application Guard?: I noticed a setting to enable Windows Defender Application Guard in Edge but can't find discussion of it on the forum. Has anyone used this feature and found it useful? 128727
  9. Application Guard in 1809 Home Edition

Application Guard in 1809 Home Edition: Good Morning, I have done a clean install of W10 1809 HOME Edition and I'm confused as to whether I should have Application Guard available for me to install. I can see that up to 1803 it was only available to PRO versions but I can't see whether 1809 HOME should now have...
  10. Windows Application Guard

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Application Guard: Windows Application Guard is on my Windows Features but its greyed out . I turned on Hyper -V but its made no difference . Hasn't it been rolled out to the public yet...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wdag 1803 VT-D

2. wdag application guard