Windows 10: WDAG + CFA --> No keyboard input on Edge

Discus and support WDAG + CFA --> No keyboard input on Edge in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi! I have just noticed that when I have Controlled Folder Access (CFA, block mode) and I open up Edge via Windows Defender Application Guard (WDAG) I... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by saosilvestre, Jan 13, 2020.

1. WDAG + CFA --> No keyboard input on Edge

Hi!

I have just noticed that when I have Controlled Folder Access (CFA, block mode) and I open up Edge via Windows Defender Application Guard (WDAG) I am unable to type anything on Edge. Mouse is fine. Navigation (as long as keyboard input is not needed) is fine as well.

For instance, if you click on address bar the cursor shows there but it accepts no input from keyboard. And yes, I have dismissed the "select your country" popup.

Controlled Folder Access reports nothing blocked. Nowhere. So nothing to be allowed.

I have had a look at Event Viewer but there was nothing unusual there - probably I am wrong here!

I would like to know if someone else has already experienced the same problem. It is not a critical problem to me but it seems rather too strange to actually be true.

For starters, let me say that I am running:
    . Windows 10 v1909 Pro 18363.635 (standard, not an insider version) - but I think I have experienced the same with v1903.
    . A Samsung laptop - with all Samsung-created bundled application - although I don't think this is the problem here.
    . Everything up-to-date: Windows Settings, Microsoft Store, Samsung Update.

PS: if you are trying yourself please reboot after setting CFA on.

Thank you!

:)

saosilvestre, Jan 13, 2020

2. WDAG + CFA --> No keyboard input on Edge

Hi!

I have just noticed that when I have Controlled Folder Access (CFA, block mode) and I open up Edge via Windows Defender Application Guard (WDAG) I am unable to type anything on Edge. Mouse is fine. Navigation (as long as keyboard input is not needed) is fine as well.

For instance, if you click on address bar the cursor shows there but it accepts no input from keyboard. And yes, I have dismissed the "select your country" popup.

Controlled Folder Access reports nothing blocked. Nowhere. So nothing to be allowed.

I have had a look at Event Viewer but there was nothing unusual there - probably I am wrong here!

I would like to know if someone else has already experienced the same problem. It is not a critical problem to me but it seems rather too strange to actually be true.

For starters, let me say that I am running:
    . Windows 10 v1909 Pro 18363.635 (standard, not an insider version) - but I think I have experienced the same with v1903.
    . A Samsung laptop - with all Samsung-created bundled application - although I don't think this is the problem here.
    . Everything up-to-date: Windows Settings, Microsoft Store, Samsung Update.

PS: if you are trying yourself please reboot after setting CFA on.

Thank you!

saosilvestre, Jan 13, 2020
  3. Language keyboard input doesn't equal output

Hi,

Language input may vary depending on the Input method set on your keyboard settings. To sort your concern, we suggest that you check if the desired input is set correctly by following these steps:

• Type in Language and keyboard options on the search box.
    • Select the desired language that you're trying to set up.
    • Once you've selected the language, select Options.
    • Under Keyboards, select Microsoft IME and click
      Options.
    • Scroll down and select Open advanced settings.
    • A window will pop up. Under General tab, click the drop-down arrow for
      Input method and select the desired input.
    • Click OK.

Let us know if you encounter any challenges along the process.

Darwin Dim, Jan 13, 2020
  4. WDAG + CFA --> No keyboard input on Edge

Keyboard input problem.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Please follow the steps below and see if it helps:

• Type "language" in the search bar, choose Settings, and then tap or click
      Add a language.

• Choose the language that you want to add, click Options next to the language name, and then click
      Add an input method.

• Browse the input method list and look for the keyboard layout you want to use.

• double-click the keyboard layout, and click Save.
    For more information click on the link below and see if it helps. (also applicable for Windows 10)

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-CA/windows-8/change-keyboard-layout

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Jan 13, 2020
Thema:

WDAG + CFA --> No keyboard input on Edge

1. WDAG + CFA --> No keyboard input on Edge - Similar Threads - WDAG CFA keyboard

2. CFA blocking svchost.exe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CFA blocking svchost.exe: my CFA is blocking a a process with the name of svchost.exe. I provided it access to it. Is my laptop safe? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cfa-blocking-svchostexe/5afee0d3-1607-4c56-8330-ac8d01ec3a0d
  3. CFA blocking svchost.exe

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CFA blocking svchost.exe: my CFA is blocking a a process with the name of svchost.exe. I provided it access to it. Is my laptop safe? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cfa-blocking-svchostexe/5afee0d3-1607-4c56-8330-ac8d01ec3a0d
  4. Keyboard Input

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard Input: Hello,Today set up Japanese input in the settings so that I can write in hiragana/katakana because I needed it for a task for school I set this up on my laptop a year ago and it works perfectly but then when I tried to set it up it would write the wrong character it was the...
  5. Keyboard Input

Keyboard Input: Hello,Today set up Japanese input in the settings so that I can write in hiragana/katakana because I needed it for a task for school I set this up on my laptop a year ago and it works perfectly but then when I tried to set it up it would write the wrong character it was the...
  6. WDAG - Application Guard

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WDAG - Application Guard: Hello, We are seeing performance problems on boot and usage of skype on several thousand machines running application guard. The CPU on a cold boot on gen 8 i5, ssd, 8 gig of ram lasts around two minutes and along with all the other services starting impacts the initial...
  7. keyboard inputs

in Windows 10 Customization
    keyboard inputs: Hello, My win 10 is in EN. My keyboard is AZERTY. I don't know from where all those keyboards come from neither how to get rid of them. It kept switching automatically from one to another in-game, This is so frustrating & discussing. .[ATTACH]...
  8. MS Mail and Edge will not accept keyboard input

MS Mail and Edge will not accept keyboard input: I am helping a friend that has problems with MS Mail and People. She can receive email but cannot type in anything in MS Mail. Also, all her People contacts have changed to only showing phone numbers and not email addresses. Tried to open Edge but cannot type in anything....
  9. Keyboard input

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard input: So I accidentally pressed two buttons on my keyboard (pretty sure it was left shift+alt or something similar) and now my shift+2 does not make the @ symbol. It has been switched with the key that creates the " symbol. So now if I press shift+2 it creates @ and if I press...
  10. Enable Download to Host from WDAG Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable Download to Host from WDAG Microsoft Edge in Windows 10: How to: Enable Download to Host from WDAG Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 Enable Download to Host from Windows Defender Application Guard Microsoft Edge session in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wdag no keyboard

2. wdag keyboard layout