Windows 10: WDAGUtility acting as administrator

Discus and support WDAGUtility acting as administrator in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I had the hard drive replaced on my Dell laptop and it came back with WDAGUtility as administrator. I can't add or delete programs on my windows 10.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PSchober, Feb 3, 2019.

1. PSchober Win User

WDAGUtility acting as administrator

I had the hard drive replaced on my Dell laptop and it came back with WDAGUtility as administrator. I can't add or delete programs on my windows 10. I'm listed as local account. No one else is listed on the computer as a user.

1. I've tried going under settings and accounts. There isn't a family & other people to click on there.

2. Of course, I can't delete the antivirus, EST NOD32 antivirus.

3. There is no administrator listed to switch accounts.

4. After I type netplwiz in run the computer says I need the admin name & password but the only option is NO.

5. I've tried control userpasswords2, of course, I can't change anything.

Is there anything else I can try? I'm thinking I'm going to need to reinstall Windows.

:)

PSchober, Feb 3, 2019

2. WDAGUtility Account by Microsoft has taken over MY computer

I have tried everything to change my network from Public to Private. Through the process, I've learned there's ghost hidden by Microsoft which controls my computer. Hidden to make me think I am inept and crazy was found through DOS.. WDAGUtility is hiding
    and running my computer. Tried everything in help.. even asked the "Virtual Agent" on Microsoft help and "it" had no information whatsoever on WDAGUtility.. which by the way has taken control as Administrator on my computer. HELP!!! I can't make changes
    and I am told I need administrator status and Windows will "SHOW" that I am Administrator but this is UNTRUE. I typed "netplwiz" on command line and then and only then did I learn WDAGUtility is Administrator on MY computer and I am a mere user unable to make
    changes. When I called Microsoft, they told me for approx $50 they'd help me. WTH man!

LauraRichardson1, Feb 3, 2019
  3. WDAGUtility Account Horror

I have lost my Administrative rights on MY computer to WDAGUtility Account by Microsoft. How do I get my control back? I am perpetually stuck in a Public Network on MY computer because I don't have any rights to make changes as Microsoft has taken it away
    from me with the WEAGUtility. Help!

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Network & internet

LauraRichardson1, Feb 3, 2019
  4. WDAGUtility acting as administrator

ACT Pro 2013 will not open in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

The most likely causes on a standalone are a damaged or invalid .pad file or SQL is not running, or is damaged.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue persists.

• Click your Windows Start button, choose Run and type in actdiag.

• When ACT! Diagnostics comes up, click Databases, the Database List.

• Locate your database in the list, right-click on it and select Detach. Make sure you know the filepath to your database before detaching it.

• When the database has been detached, open My Computer (or Windows Explorer) and browse to the location of your database.

• Locate the .PAD file for your database [database name].pad and delete it.

• Reopen ACT!...you will get a message that the last database opened cannot found, then will be taken to the Open Database dialog box.

• At the bottom of this box, change the Files of Type to .adf, browse to the location of your database and double-click on the .adf file for your database.

• You will get a message that ACT! will verify your database, click OK and ACT will reattach your database to SQL and create a new .pad file.

• Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Feb 3, 2019
Thema:

WDAGUtility acting as administrator

1. WDAGUtility acting as administrator - Similar Threads - WDAGUtility acting administrator

2. Regarding WDAGUtility account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Regarding WDAGUtility account: I updated to Windows 11 22H2 today, I have a windows 11 home edition now i dont know how but i somehow enabled WDAGUtility now it has a account named Administrator and it can access my C drive without even need to entering password. How to disable it?...
  3. Regarding WDAGUtility account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Regarding WDAGUtility account: I updated to Windows 11 22H2 today, I have a windows 11 home edition now i dont know how but i somehow enabled WDAGUtility now it has a account named Administrator and it can access my C drive without even need to entering password. How to disable it?...
  4. Windows 11 - changed my account to guest by using NETPLWIZ and making the WDAGUtility...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - changed my account to guest by using NETPLWIZ and making the WDAGUtility...: Hello, I was trying to access the windows app folder to make myself accessible. I tried to change the username but my control panel >> user accounts wasn't showing the change username option and in the process of that I ended up on NETPLWIZ to change my username. I changed...
  5. Windows 11 - changed my account to guest by using NETPLWIZ and making the WDAGUtility...

Windows 11 - changed my account to guest by using NETPLWIZ and making the WDAGUtility...: Hello, I was trying to access the windows app folder to make myself accessible. I tried to change the username but my control panel >> user accounts wasn't showing the change username option and in the process of that I ended up on NETPLWIZ to change my username. I changed...
  6. Taking Ownership of Everything and Always Acting as an Administrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taking Ownership of Everything and Always Acting as an Administrator: I cannot do everything in the system, and it asks for confirmation when I delete some items in the Program Files folder or move some items there. Therefore, I need to know how to take ownership of everything every file and folder on the computer, so as to be able to edit,...
  7. Taking Ownership of Everything and Always Acting as an Administrator

Taking Ownership of Everything and Always Acting as an Administrator: I cannot do everything in the system, and it asks for confirmation when I delete some items in the Program Files folder or move some items there. Therefore, I need to know how to take ownership of everything every file and folder on the computer, so as to be able to edit,...
  8. Taking Ownership of Everything and Always Acting as an Administrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taking Ownership of Everything and Always Acting as an Administrator: I would like to know how to take ownership of everything every file and folder on the computer, so as to be able to edit, move, and delete every file with full rights.Can you also explain how to do everything always as an administrator, so as to have no restrictions and never...
  9. Taking Ownership of Everything and Always Acting as an Administrator

Taking Ownership of Everything and Always Acting as an Administrator: I would like to know how to take ownership of everything every file and folder on the computer, so as to be able to edit, move, and delete every file with full rights.Can you also explain how to do everything always as an administrator, so as to have no restrictions and never...
  10. Touchscreen acts as mouse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touchscreen acts as mouse: I bought an LG 17mb15t-b touchscreen monitor. I have a pc running Windows 10 (Version 1607 OS build 14393.479). The touchscreen has a VGA connector and a USB connector. Windows detects the monitor in Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Devices and Printers as 1 normal Display...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. WDAGutility driver

2. who uses the WDAGUtility

3. how do i know the accounts in WDAGUtility

4. wdag utility agent