Windows 10: WDAGUtilityAccount

Discus and support WDAGUtilityAccount in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; seems that the latest windows update has really thrown a wrench into my otherwise smooth running system, windows defender can no longer be enabled and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by aeneas1, Dec 24, 2019.

1. aeneas1 Win User

WDAGUtilityAccount

seems that the latest windows update has really thrown a wrench into my otherwise smooth running system, windows defender can no longer be enabled and i now get access denied messages constantly, for example even when i boot into windows i get an access error message blocking intel graphics.

after a bit of research i followed a recommended procedure which included creating a hidden admin account in an effort to resolve the windows defender issue, unfortunately not only did this not resolve the issue but it seems to have made things worse given that my original admin account is now listed as a "wdagutilityaccount" while the newly created account is listed as the "defaultaccount" (net user).

so how do i get things back to normal? how do i make my original admin account the default account again and delete the newly created admin account? i see options for deleting my original admin account but i don't see the same options for deleting the newly created admin account.

also, once this is resolved, what is the best way to refresh my windows installation while keeping all of my files and programs?

thanks very much!

:)

aeneas1, Dec 24, 2019

2. WDAGUtilityAccount

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern regarding the WDAGUtilityAccount and we will certainly help you with the information.

WDAGUtilityAccount is part of Application Guard beginning with Windows 10 version 1709 (Fall Creators Update). This account remains disabled until Application Guard is enabled on your device. This item is integrated to the OS and is not
    considered as a threat/virus/malware.

There are multiple system accounts that are built-in to Windows and WDAGUtilityAccount is one of them.

Based on the screenshot that you have provided, when you run net user command, it displays all the accounts in the system, including the default account, administrator and guest and your user accounts. However, this is displayed in alphabetical order
    and in columns of three.

In the below screenshot, I have created the 5 test accounts and this is displayed on top as per the alphabetical order.

If you type netplwiz command in Windows Search, you will see the User Accounts window which shows all the user accounts that you have created and can login to.

WDAGUtilityAccount d327e418-de62-45e5-9fcf-1eac2058a6ec?upload=true.jpg

If you need full information on the user accounts on your system, you can run the following command in the command prompt.

wmic useraccount list full

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Dec 24, 2019
  3. WDAGUtilityAccount ????

WDAGUtilityAccount

Okay, but what is this account for? Why is it on my Windows 10 Home edition at all? Can I delete it??

JamesSimmons3, Dec 24, 2019
  4. Stevete Win User

WDAGUtilityAccount

WDAGUtilityAccount ????

What uses the WDAGUtilityAccount local account on Windows 10. Detail: Sometime within the last 18 months the WDAGUtilityAccount local account was added. The account is disabled and doesn't appear to be in any account groups such as local admins or users.
    I haven't checked which windows user account rights that it has. The only legitimate reason that I can think of for adding, without me knowing about it, would be during a windows update was applied. ........................ I would not known about the account
    if I hadn't been using 'computer management --> 'users and groups'

Thoughts??

Stevete, Dec 24, 2019
Thema:

WDAGUtilityAccount

1. WDAGUtilityAccount - Similar Threads - WDAGUtilityAccount

2. W10 admin/MS account user is "guest" and "wdagutilityaccount", no password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W10 admin/MS account user is "guest" and "wdagutilityaccount", no password: Hi, I don't understand my W10 account. I have a MS account, and the W10 settings shows me this MS account. But in fact my account name, folder, etc. has only the first 5 letters "klicl" of my MS account. And the "net user" command shows a "guest" and "WDAGUtility" account. In...
  3. W10 admin/MS account user is "guest" and "wdagutilityaccount", no password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    W10 admin/MS account user is "guest" and "wdagutilityaccount", no password: Hi, I don't understand my W10 account. I have a MS account, and the W10 settings shows me this MS account. But in fact my account name, folder, etc. has only the first 5 letters "klicl" of my MS account. And the "net user" command shows a "guest" and "WDAGUtility" account. In...
  4. W10 admin/MS account user is "guest" and "wdagutilityaccount", no password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. In my laptop Administrator is WDAGUtilityAccount

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In my laptop Administrator is WDAGUtilityAccount: Can someone please tell me is this right or should I change it and how. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-my-laptop-administrator-is-wdagutilityaccount/ffa2ee89-058b-47f8-8ddc-a034b58b021b
  6. In my laptop Administrator is WDAGUtilityAccount

In my laptop Administrator is WDAGUtilityAccount: Can someone please tell me is this right or should I change it and how. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-my-laptop-administrator-is-wdagutilityaccount/ffa2ee89-058b-47f8-8ddc-a034b58b021b
  7. wdagutilityaccount appears as guest in command prompt

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    wdagutilityaccount appears as guest in command prompt: wdagutilityaccount has it name set to guest rather than my user account. I am unsure why that is and I don't know if this would have any issues. Anywhere else I look the account always has the users name not guest. Appreciate any help.It shows as:net userAdministrator...
  8. wdagutilityaccount appears as guest in command prompt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wdagutilityaccount appears as guest in command prompt: wdagutilityaccount has it name set to guest rather than my user account. I am unsure why that is and I don't know if this would have any issues. Anywhere else I look the account always has the users name not guest. Appreciate any help.It shows as:net userAdministrator...
  9. wdagutilityaccount appears as guest in command prompt

10. WDAGUtilityAccount is Admin account & password reset.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WDAGUtilityAccount is Admin account & password reset.: I have been attempting to help a family member with a used laptop they purchased. They reset and forgot the password and have not been able to get back in. We have attempted to go through safe mode, reset the laptop it went straight back to the login screen instead of an...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to login to wdagutility account

2. wdagutility user

3. how to delete wdagutilityaccount

4. windows user wdaguiltyaccount bsck to normal