Windows 10: Wdboot.sys missing or damaged

Discus and support Wdboot.sys missing or damaged in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; A while ago while repairing my laptop, I went to this youtube video https://youtu.be/2ODt6w3LUqY for tutorial. I did the command prompt part and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ApplePi33_0808, Jun 19, 2021.

1. Wdboot.sys missing or damaged

A while ago while repairing my laptop, I went to this youtube video https://youtu.be/2ODt6w3LUqY for tutorial. I did the command prompt part and stopped at "attrib c:\boot\bcd -h -r -s" because it said "path not found c:\boot". Then I instead went into System Restore which is on 16/6. After finishing and restarting, there's Automatic Repair loading screen I did not chose to do that then proceed to run into Windows 10. But instead it says 0xc000007b error with wdboot.sys path written and saying if the file is missing or damaged.

:)

ApplePi33_0808, Jun 19, 2021

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Jun 19, 2021
  3. Blue Screen because of cm11264.sys

Hi,

Cm11264.sys
    is a vital SYS file and it's a component of the software C-Media USB Audio Driver (WDM) developed by Windows Software Developer. Without it, it will be very difficult for your Windows system to run. Usually, cm11264.sys blue screen
    errors occur when you install a new hardware or software.

For us to provide you the possible resolution and the accurate information as to why you're having the issue, answer
    the following questions:

• When did the issue start?
    • Where there any changes made on your computer prior to this concern?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Looking forward to the requested information for us to assist you further.

Lizette Ags, Jun 19, 2021
  4. rivre Win User

Wdboot.sys missing or damaged

missing file - ASPI32.sys

I opened autoruns tonight on my 64-bit Windows 10 PC and noticed it lists a file missing:

C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\ASPI32.sys

It is however in my SysWOW64 folder.

My PC is new but I've been installing all my software (and un-installing a few along the way) and I'm wondering if I need to worry about this or not? Should this file be present? Does this have anything to do with disc drives? My new PC has been acting a bit odd with a couple older Audio programs (like Exact Audio Copy) like detecting DVD drives. Newer software seems to run fine. Should I worry about this missing file? Is it there by default with a new install and it somehow got deleted? Or did some piece of old software install it and when I uninstalled the software it removed the unneeded file?

rivre, Jun 19, 2021
Thema:

Wdboot.sys missing or damaged

1. Wdboot.sys missing or damaged - Similar Threads - Wdboot sys missing

2. Action Center feature is damaged, missing, and/or malfunctioning?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Action Center feature is damaged, missing, and/or malfunctioning?: Even when it is enabled in taskbar and personalization settings, the action center:can not be opened with the Windows-key+A hotkey command, has its system icon missing from the taskbar,can not be toggled in system icon settings, anddoes not return after resetting my laptop.In...
  3. Action Center feature is damaged, missing, and/or malfunctioning?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Action Center feature is damaged, missing, and/or malfunctioning?: Even when it is enabled in taskbar and personalization settings, the action center:can not be opened with the Windows-key+A hotkey command, has its system icon missing from the taskbar,can not be toggled in system icon settings, anddoes not return after resetting my laptop.In...
  4. Action Center feature is damaged, missing, and/or malfunctioning?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Winload.exe Missing/Damaged - 0xc0000225

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Winload.exe Missing/Damaged - 0xc0000225: I have a Windows 10 Home PC, just updated to the most recent version of windows 10. Booting it up yesterday I entered a automatic repair loop and can't seem to get out of it.Windows will try automatic repair for 10-30 seconds and then...
  6. Damage

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Damage: How to find out what damage was done by a malware/trojan/backdoor ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/damage/01ec6f78-9fd3-419d-b62d-817ec6789397
  7. Windows 10 damaged / damaged

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 damaged / damaged: Sometimes I have received (or what it seems) a Windows notification to say that it is damaged and I need to carry out instructions to prevent my files from being deleted. There is a countdown timer and a sharp beep that is really annoying. Is there anything I can run from...
  8. BSOD 0xc242 kernel is missing or damaged + administrator password incorrect

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD 0xc242 kernel is missing or damaged + administrator password incorrect: I got a BSOD yesterday night and have been trying to resolve it myself by running bootrec and bootsect /ht60 commands through command prompt. Yesterday I was able to open command prompt and select other recovery options. Today when I'm trying to enter command prompt as...
  9. dxgmms2.sys

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    dxgmms2.sys: While gaming I get this crash in blue screen dxgmms2.sys I have an Nvidia gts 450 gpu 4gb ram intel i3 2100 motherboard https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dxgmms2sys/d4b72fca-ae42-4ea6-9a2e-3b25b396ca62
  10. missing file - ASPI32.sys

in Windows 10 Support
    missing file - ASPI32.sys: I opened autoruns tonight on my 64-bit Windows 10 PC and noticed it lists a file missing: C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\ASPI32.sys It is however in my SysWOW64 folder. My PC is new but I've been installing all my software (and un-installing a few along the way) and I'm...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. BSOD 0xc242 kernel is missing or damaged

2. wdboot.sys missing windows 10

3. wdboot.sys windows 10 error

4. wdboot.sys restore,
  5. wdboot.sys error