Windows 10: wdf01000.sys BSOD

Discus and support wdf01000.sys BSOD in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey, this is more of a question. My keyboard has been malfunctioning due to liquid damage, so to disable it I installed an incompatible... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BlueArtist, Feb 9, 2016.

1. wdf01000.sys BSOD

Hey, this is more of a question. My keyboard has been malfunctioning due to liquid damage, so to disable it I installed an incompatible keyboard/touchpad driver intentionally. The day after, I've been getting wdf01000.sys BSOD errors during startup, which brings me to a bootloop a few times, after a few cycles then I'll be able to get into my desktop.

So my question is, can, or rather, is the BSOD error caused by me installing the wrong driver?

Thanks.

:)

BlueArtist, Feb 9, 2016
  2. Ugo Lopez Win User

Windows 10 1709 blue screens

Sorry for the delay. From the dump file it looks like the issue is related to Dell NIC (Ndis.sys) and to some system file corruption (wdf01000.sys).

Are you able to access your computer or do you receive BSOD before login?

Ugo Lopez, Feb 9, 2016
  3. Nokia E71 driver problem

1. Uninstalled PC Suite, reinstalled PC Suite 7.1.18.0. Still has "Nokie E71 USB Phone Parent" error.

2. On PC Suite 7.1.18.0.Removed wdf01000.sys. Rebooted. Plugged in E71. No rebuilding of wdf01000.sys. Still has "Nokie E71 USB Phone Parent" error in device manager. After few minutes, went into windows/system32/drivers, no wdf01000.sys!

I give up!

palmy---01, Feb 9, 2016
  4. lx07 Win User

wdf01000.sys BSOD

What did you install? All the dumps this year are blaming ETD.sys touchpad driver.

You could try uninstalling (or updating) it.

lx07, Feb 9, 2016
  5. axe0 New Member
    Hi BlueArtist,

Laptop manufacturers usually alter their drivers, this makes that other drivers won't function 100% proper.
    The answer to your question is simply yes, you should only install the drivers provided by Samsung.
    I would also suggest to replace the keyboard to prevent any damage to the other components if they haven't yet been damaged.

axe0, Feb 9, 2016
  6. Instead of the Standard HID Device Driver, I installed a Toshiba driver instead.

Usually I get the wdf01000.sys error, but once I did get the ETD.sys error.

Thanks!

BlueArtist, Feb 9, 2016
  7. rutra80 Win User
    After upgrade to Windows 10 which automatically updates ELAN touchpad driver (ETD.sys) I get the wdf01000.sys BSOD too on that Dell Vostro 5470 laptop.
    If I uninstall that driver (v15.3.1.1, the same as on Dell website) system does boot but keyboard & touchpad don't work (exclamation signs in device manager).
    What can I do except reverting to Windows 8.1??

rutra80, Apr 8, 2016
  8. axe0 New Member

wdf01000.sys BSOD

Create a new thread and read How to upload files

axe0, Apr 8, 2016
  9. rutra80 Win User
    Well I did a clean install and it works now, thanks.

rutra80, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

wdf01000.sys BSOD

1. wdf01000.sys BSOD - Similar Threads - wdf01000 sys BSOD

2. Wdf01000.sys BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wdf01000.sys BSOD: I was suspicous that my drivers were infected with malware, so I did some research and have read somewhere that verifying the drivers signature can validify on whether or not I have a virus.So I ran Driver Verifier and selected the option 'automatically select all drivers...
  3. Wdf01000.sys BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wdf01000.sys BSOD: I was suspicous that my drivers were infected with malware, so I did some research and have read somewhere that verifying the drivers signature can validify on whether or not I have a virus.So I ran Driver Verifier and selected the option 'automatically select all drivers...
  4. Wdf01000.sys BSOD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. BSOD and wdf01000.sys

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSOD and wdf01000.sys: In short. Recently i get BSOD screen and im on edge of breakdown. There is normal WhoCrashed report when i boot computer without anything. (I included minidump file below) On Mon 05.10.2020 22:28:56 your computer crashed or a problem was reported crash dump file:...
  6. Fix wdf01000.sys BSOD on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Fix wdf01000.sys BSOD on Windows 10: [ATTACH] Wdf01000.sys is a file associated with Windows Driver Framework which in turn handles the system drivers. Corruption of this file/process means that the drivers would start giving trouble eventually leading to a Blue Screen of Death error. The error descriptions...
  7. BSOD: UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP (Wdf01000.sys)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD: UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP (Wdf01000.sys): Hi all, Having intermittent troubles with BSODs, not sure of the cause, usually happens during general use (Chrome browsing, VLC media player running). Here are the log files - and help would be much appreciated! Attachment 114878 73358
  8. Wdf01000.sys BSOD Unable to Reboot

Wdf01000.sys BSOD Unable to Reboot: Good afternoon, Let me start by saying that I'm not a huge techie. There are a lot of things I know about computers, but much more that I don't know. I'm hoping you all can help me save my desktop computer without having to lose years of files I can't replace. I updated...
  9. BSOD while gaming - wdf01000.sys

BSOD while gaming - wdf01000.sys: Hi gents, I have created an account here to ask for some assistance because I am at wit's end with my BSOD issues. Early January 2018 my PC started acting up and BSODing like a wild savage while gaming. MemTest, OCCT all passed just fine so I moved from a hardware to a...
  10. Frequent BSOD Wdf01000.sys

Frequent BSOD Wdf01000.sys: I've been getting BSODs when leaving my computer idle. Not running anything intensive. From looking at the minidump file I can't find much other than it's probably because of the Wdf01000.sys driver. Hopefully you can get all of the information you need from the .zip file I...
Tags: