Windows 10: WDF_Violation error on shutdown after Win10 reinstall

Discus and support WDF_Violation error on shutdown after Win10 reinstall in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I reinstalled Windows 10 on my laptop and updated it, so now it's running a full 1909 version of windows. I've done this before with no problem. This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ejbSF, Jun 20, 2020.

1. ejbSF Win User

WDF_Violation error on shutdown after Win10 reinstall

I reinstalled Windows 10 on my laptop and updated it, so now it's running a full 1909 version of windows. I've done this before with no problem.

This time however, whenever I shut down Windows, whether I use ShutDown, Shift+ShutDown or Restart, the computer goes into BSOD with theWDF_Violation error and the message the computer needs to restart. It does a countdown, then proceeds to shut down apparently normally.

I looked up WDF_Violation and find lots of info but it all seems to be about this message appearing at startup or during use. This only happens to this machine during Shut Down.

Any ideas what's happening? How to fix?

Thanks,

Ed B

Asus UX305F

8GB RAM, 256 SSD

:)

ejbSF, Jun 20, 2020

2. *RESOLUTION FOUND*Malwarebytes crashing on Win10 insider Bld. Rootkit related errors?

Ill try tomorrow am.
    Aside from OS reinstall, your suggestion is one of the only steps I haven't taken yet.

Im gonna get some sleep and come at this with a fresh head tomorrow

Thanks everyone

jboydgolfer, Jun 20, 2020
  3. error code Oxc000021a, wdf_violation after PC shutdown unexpectedly.

We had a power outage, the power kept going on and off for several minutes then complete outage. My computer system is now in a constant loop of restarts, blue screen, frown face. Error code WDF_violation then restarts and error code Oxc000021a, over and
    over.

Help...

Irene.

Original title: updates windows 10, power outages, error code Oxc000021a, wdf_violation

IreneDavidson, Jun 20, 2020
  4. WDF_Violation error on shutdown after Win10 reinstall

Error: "WDF_violation" on Windows 10

Hi Steve,

As you are facing blue screen error on your device, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Have you made nay changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • What is the complete error message/ error code of this issue?

The WDF_VIOLATION bug check has a value of 0x0000010D. This indicates that Kernel-Mode Driver Framework (KMDF) detected that Windows found an error in a framework-based driver.

I recommend you to refer to the below post replied by Anannya Podder
    on October 5, 2015 and check if it helps.

Bluescreen Error: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of WDF_violation error for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 20, 2020
Thema:

WDF_Violation error on shutdown after Win10 reinstall

1. WDF_Violation error on shutdown after Win10 reinstall - Similar Threads - WDF_Violation error shutdown

2. Win10 restarts after shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 restarts after shutdown: hi thereIve tried all available fixes recommended both within these posts & outside & none have worked.I have just reformatted & reinstalled a fresh copy of win10, no third party software has been installed.Even after a fresh install, the PC restarts after pressing the power...
  3. Win10 restarts after shutdown

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win10 restarts after shutdown: hi thereIve tried all available fixes recommended both within these posts & outside & none have worked.I have just reformatted & reinstalled a fresh copy of win10, no third party software has been installed.Even after a fresh install, the PC restarts after pressing the power...
  4. Display errors after Win10 reinstall

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display errors after Win10 reinstall: Did a Win10 clean restore on my Razer Blade 15 mid 2019 and now the install window text is very small, the printer setting window is very big and the install font window is too long. Do you know what's going on? Razer so far isn't sure.I'm using a LG 34WL500-B 34 Inch 21:9...
  5. WDF_VIOLATION

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WDF_VIOLATION: My CPU is at 97-100% when I just opened my rainbow 6 siege. And the temperature is at 90 degrees Celsius at least. Then I searched to fix that problem and said that I need to check for updates in setting and update, and then I click on update in steelseries keyboard then...
  6. BSOD with WDF_VIOLATION error at every restart of shutdown

BSOD with WDF_VIOLATION error at every restart of shutdown: Hello, I have a problem for a couple of months now and it's getting annoying by time goes by. I cannot point out exactly when it started although it might have been after a windows update. Every time I restart or Shut Down my PC, after it closes all of the processes,...
  7. WDF_Violation

WDF_Violation: Sometimes when I adjust the volume level on my Microsoft Wireless Desktop Elite keyboard, I get a BSOD that says WDF_Violation. Any ideas on the cause? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wdfviolation/332b7f53-d824-43e8-9bf3-80d4ad86a98e
  8. WDF_Violation upon Restart or Shutdown Win 10 Zenbook

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WDF_Violation upon Restart or Shutdown Win 10 Zenbook: Hi, I'm getting a Bluescreen Error consistently on shutdown or restart. It must be a driver issue but I can't identify it. I've uploaded a Minidump file: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Amm_GdyMtuosgi-Hph9S6Vq5zibK?e=KhhCl0 Any thoughts? Thanks!...
  9. Bluescreen. Error message: WDF_VIOLATION

Bluescreen. Error message: WDF_VIOLATION: Hey y'all, I've never really been happy about Windows 10, but in the last few weeks I've been very upset with it. I'd be just going about my typical business, running Discord, Minecraft for Windows 10, and Spotify at the same time, when I would be just going about my...
  10. WDF_VIOLATION

WDF_VIOLATION: Hey y'all, I've never really been happy about Windows 10, but in the last few weeks I've been very upset with it. I'd be just going about my typical business, running Discord, Minecraft for Windows 10, and Spotify at the same time, when I would be just going about my...