Windows 10: WDF_Violation upon Restart or Shutdown Win 10 Zenbook

Discus and support WDF_Violation upon Restart or Shutdown Win 10 Zenbook in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I'm getting a Bluescreen Error consistently on shutdown or restart. It must be a driver issue but I can't identify it. I've uploaded a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by st-maxime, Nov 18, 2019.

1. st-maxime Win User

WDF_Violation upon Restart or Shutdown Win 10 Zenbook

Hi,

I'm getting a Bluescreen Error consistently on shutdown or restart. It must be a driver issue but I can't identify it.

I've uploaded a Minidump file: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Amm_GdyMtuosgi-Hph9S6Vq5zibK?e=KhhCl0

Any thoughts? Thanks!

:)

st-maxime, Nov 18, 2019
  2. little cat, Nov 18, 2019
  3. Biders Win User
    WDF_Violation Win 10

Hi,

I upgraded my win 7 machine to windows 10. Everything going fine, then did some further updates. After the reboot, I had a looping message saying the WDF_Violation error and the WDF_Violation upon Restart or Shutdown Win 10 Zenbook :( the computer will have to restart. This looped several times. Now the PC
    has no display output. The monitor screen says no signal but the PC is on!

Help!

Biders, Nov 18, 2019
  4. midgo Win User

Win 10 1607 Restart Issue

I am having a Win 10 1607 restart issue.

In my case the PC tries to restart but the monitor screen goes black and then the monitor screen powers off.

The PC keeps running but will not restart.

I have to push the reset button to restart the PC.

Shut down works fine.

In both restart and shutdown there are no spinning dots...

Can any one help with this restart issue.

I have tried most suggestions on the interwebz:////

My next step is to go back to the previously installed version 1511 in which restart worked then do an upgrade from the 1607 ISO I downloaded.

If this fails I will bite the bullet and do a clean install but I would rather just resolve the issue if I can as I have Win 10 running just the way I like it:///

midgo, Nov 18, 2019
Thema:

1. WDF_Violation upon Restart or Shutdown Win 10 Zenbook - Similar Threads - WDF_Violation upon Restart

2. WDF_Violation error on shutdown after Win10 reinstall

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WDF_Violation error on shutdown after Win10 reinstall: I reinstalled Windows 10 on my laptop and updated it, so now it's running a full 1909 version of windows. I've done this before with no problem. This time however, whenever I shut down Windows, whether I use ShutDown, Shift+ShutDown or Restart, the computer goes into BSOD...
  3. WDF_VIOLATION

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WDF_VIOLATION: My CPU is at 97-100% when I just opened my rainbow 6 siege. And the temperature is at 90 degrees Celsius at least. Then I searched to fix that problem and said that I need to check for updates in setting and update, and then I click on update in steelseries keyboard then...
  4. BSOD with WDF_VIOLATION error at every restart of shutdown

BSOD with WDF_VIOLATION error at every restart of shutdown: Hello, I have a problem for a couple of months now and it's getting annoying by time goes by. I cannot point out exactly when it started although it might have been after a windows update. Every time I restart or Shut Down my PC, after it closes all of the processes,...
  5. WDF_violation

WDF_violation: [IMG]sometimes when i unplug my xbox controller my computer crash and give me this stop code WDF_violation https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wdfviolation/44d67306-e9d5-45c3-a508-6b13854af258
  6. WDF_Violation

WDF_Violation: Sometimes when I adjust the volume level on my Microsoft Wireless Desktop Elite keyboard, I get a BSOD that says WDF_Violation. Any ideas on the cause? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wdfviolation/332b7f53-d824-43e8-9bf3-80d4ad86a98e
  7. WDF_violation

WDF_violation: sometimes when i unplug my xbox controller my computer crash and give me this stop code WDF_violation https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wdfviolation/1d8e0a52-1d47-47c3-b06d-fa59f43a1b9f
  8. driver power state failure upon restarting or shutdown!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    driver power state failure upon restarting or shutdown!: My computer starts to lag, So I try to shut down or restart and then it doesn't and simply instead gives blue screen of death with error written: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE. no other error code. Even after completing at 100% the blue screen still remains for ours and never...
  9. WDF_VIOLATION

WDF_VIOLATION: Hey y'all, I've never really been happy about Windows 10, but in the last few weeks I've been very upset with it. I'd be just going about my typical business, running Discord, Minecraft for Windows 10, and Spotify at the same time, when I would be just going about my...
  10. Desktop Restarts Automatically Upon Shutdown

Desktop Restarts Automatically Upon Shutdown: Each time I shutdown my computer, after a second or two, it restarts by itself. How do I prevent this from recurring? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/desktop-restarts-automatically-upon-shutdown/a4adf780-aac1-48b3-aecc-9cca6804e9eb