Windows 10: WDM Heavy load on GPU

Discus and support WDM Heavy load on GPU in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I have recently realized after playing some resource intense games that run my GPU around 85-95% about 7% of that is from WDM yet WDM randomly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MaverickL24, Mar 15, 2020.

1. WDM Heavy load on GPU

Hello, I have recently realized after playing some resource intense games that run my GPU around 85-95% about 7% of that is from WDM yet WDM randomly spikes to approximately 44.8% usage... which my PC does not have available while running the resource intense games, I also notice without apps running. is it expected to be this unstable and is there ways to reduce that spike in usage?

:)

MaverickL24, Mar 15, 2020

2. GPU

Yes. Usually, multiple GPUs work if there is a heavy load.

Sumit Dhiman2, Mar 15, 2020
  3. KingFTW Win User
    BSOD during heavy load, kernal Error

I've been having this problem off and on for awhile now. Just recently its becoming very common when I run high demanding games. It doesn't completely dump crash every time. The computer is cleaned two-three months. RAM was validated with memtest, no errors. Also bought new RAM still the same problem (Tested as well). GPU as been ran under-load via OCCT. Ran fine for 1 hours. I have uninstalled Nvida drivers and reinstalled several times, with old, current, and beta builds. GPU doesn't get over 72c under heavy load. PSU is a CORSAIR RM650x.

Also I'm unable to create memory.dmp files. Not sure if its a part of the crash or not.

KingFTW, Mar 15, 2020
  4. axe0 Win User

WDM Heavy load on GPU

B(lack)SOD after closing GPU demanding applications and games

I would like to suggest 2 more things if you don't mind,
    1. Seat the GPU in another slot, if possible, and see if that helps anything
    2. Use the GPU in another system, if possible, this is a step to determine that it is really the GPU and not multiple defective slots or something else from the system.

Thema:

WDM Heavy load on GPU

1. WDM Heavy load on GPU - Similar Threads - WDM Heavy load

2. BSOD everytime GPU is under heavy load

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD everytime GPU is under heavy load: I built my PC around half a year ago, and it had been working perfectly fine until yesterday.My PC:i7-13700KMSI B760 Tomahawk2x32GB RAM DDR52TB SSD Gen 4RTX 4070Ti 12GB850W Gold ATX3.01440p + 1080p monitorsYesterday, I found that whenever I started Unreal Engine 5, the moment...
  3. BSOD everytime GPU is under heavy load

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD everytime GPU is under heavy load: I built my PC around half a year ago, and it had been working perfectly fine until yesterday.My PC:i7-13700KMSI B760 Tomahawk2x32GB RAM DDR52TB SSD Gen 4RTX 4070Ti 12GB850W Gold ATX3.01440p + 1080p monitorsYesterday, I found that whenever I started Unreal Engine 5, the moment...
  4. PC crashing under heavy load

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC crashing under heavy load: Hi, I've had a custom built PC for about two years, primarily for gaming. Since I have had it, when I play graphically intensive games, I will start to get episodes of low GPU usage which I notice on GPU gamebar. I will go form 95-100% usage, down to ~30% - while this lasts,...
  5. PC crashing under heavy load

PC crashing under heavy load: Hi, I've had a custom built PC for about two years, primarily for gaming. Since I have had it, when I play graphically intensive games, I will start to get episodes of low GPU usage which I notice on GPU gamebar. I will go form 95-100% usage, down to ~30% - while this lasts,...
  6. Hard crashes with ANY heavy load

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard crashes with ANY heavy load: Out of the blue, my computer has been crashing upon heavy loads. For example, playing a game. I can load into the menu fine, but when it finishes loading the game, either the game will crash or my computer will black screen and restart. Specs and what I have tried already are...
  7. Hard crashes with ANY heavy load

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard crashes with ANY heavy load: Out of the blue, my computer has been crashing upon heavy loads. For example, playing a game. I can load into the menu fine, but when it finishes loading the game, either the game will crash or my computer will black screen and restart. Specs and what I have tried already are...
  8. Hard crashes with ANY heavy load

9. black screen crash when GPU is in heavy use

in Windows 10 Gaming
    black screen crash when GPU is in heavy use: I've been trying to troubleshoot this issue on my own, but I'm at my wits' end and hoping someone here can help. Fingers crossed!I built my rig about 9 months ago, and things have mostly gone smoothly ... except for very occasional crashes to a black screen when running...
  10. Crashing under heavy GPU loads

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Crashing under heavy GPU loads: Hey guys, My computer keeps crashing under heavy GPU loads, was wondering if someone can help me narrow down the issue. Thanks.