Windows 10: WDS - configuring the unattended install correctly

Discus and support WDS - configuring the unattended install correctly in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi Everyone, I have been struggling trying to get this going now and I have been working on this for about a month now (on and off) with little... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by bloodyskullz, Jan 7, 2020.

1. WDS - configuring the unattended install correctly

Hi Everyone,

I have been struggling trying to get this going now and I have been working on this for about a month now (on and off) with little progress.

My goals for the unattended install are as follows:

- not have to enter admin credentials to proceed with the install
    - enable the admin account and not create a local account at all (possible or only half of this can be done?)
    - Not have to click next on my install (currently it by passes license agreement and product key only)..i.e. it just loads and begins configuring and installing

Current XML file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <unattend xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:unattend">
    <settings pass="windowsPE">
    <component name="Microsoft-Windows-International-Core-WinPE" processorArchitecture="amd64" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" language="neutral" versionScope="nonSxS" xmlns:wcm="http://schemas.microsoft.com/WMIConfig/2002/State" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
    <SetupUILanguage>
    <UILanguage>en-US</UILanguage>
    <WillShowUI>Never</WillShowUI>
    </SetupUILanguage>
    <InputLocale>en-US</InputLocale>
    <SystemLocale>en-US</SystemLocale>
    <UserLocale>en-US</UserLocale>
    </component>
    <component name="Microsoft-Windows-Setup" processorArchitecture="amd64" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" language="neutral" versionScope="nonSxS" xmlns:wcm="http://schemas.microsoft.com/WMIConfig/2002/State" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
    <DiskConfiguration>
    <Disk wcm:action="add">
    <CreatePartitions>
    <CreatePartition wcm:action="add">
    <Order>1</Order>
    <Size>500</Size>
    <Type>Primary</Type>
    </CreatePartition>
    <Order>2</Order>
    <Size>100</Size>
    <Type>EFI</Type>
    </CreatePartition>
    <Order>3</Order>
    <Size>16</Size>
    <Type>MSR</Type>
    </CreatePartition>
    <Order>4</Order>
    <Extend>true</Extend>
    <Type>Primary</Type>
    </CreatePartition>
    </CreatePartitions>
    <ModifyPartitions>
    <ModifyPartition wcm:action="add">
    <Format>NTFS</Format>
    <Order>1</Order>
    <Label>WINRE</Label>
    <PartitionID>1</PartitionID>
    <TypeID>DE94BBA4-06D1-4D40-A16A-BFD50179D6AC</TypeID>
    </ModifyPartition>
    <PartitionID>2</PartitionID>
    <Order>2</Order>
    <Label>System</Label>
    <Format>FAT32</Format>
    </ModifyPartition>
    <Order>3</Order>
    <PartitionID>3</PartitionID>
    </ModifyPartition>
    <PartitionID>4</PartitionID>
    <Order>4</Order>
    <Letter>C</Letter>
    <Label>Windows</Label>
    <Format>NTFS</Format>
    </ModifyPartition>
    </ModifyPartitions>
    <DiskID>0</DiskID>
    <WillWipeDisk>true</WillWipeDisk>
    </Disk>
    </DiskConfiguration>
    <ImageInstall>
    <OSImage>
    <InstallTo>
    <DiskID>0</DiskID>
    <PartitionID>4</PartitionID>
    </InstallTo>
    </OSImage>
    </ImageInstall>
    <UserData>
    <ProductKey>
    <Key>VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T</Key>
    </ProductKey>
    <AcceptEula>true</AcceptEula>
    <Organization>Trans Ontario Express</Organization>
    </UserData>
    <WindowsDeploymentServices>
    <Login>
    <Credentials>
    <Domain>corp.company.com</Domain>
    <Password>adminpassword</Password>
    <Username>admin account</Username>
    </Credentials>
    </Login>
    </WindowsDeploymentServices>
    </component>
    </settings>
    <settings pass="specialize">
    <component name="Microsoft-Windows-Shell-Setup" processorArchitecture="amd64" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" language="neutral" versionScope="nonSxS" xmlns:wcm="http://schemas.microsoft.com/WMIConfig/2002/State" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
    <OEMInformation>
    <Manufacturer></Manufacturer>
    </OEMInformation>
    <TimeZone>Eastern Standard Time</TimeZone>
    <ComputerName>Work-PC1</ComputerName>
    <CopyProfile>true</CopyProfile>
    <RegisteredOrganization>Trans Ontario Express</RegisteredOrganization>
    <RegisteredOwner>Trans Ontario</RegisteredOwner>
    </component>
    </settings>
    <settings pass="oobeSystem">
    <component name="Microsoft-Windows-Shell-Setup" processorArchitecture="amd64" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" language="neutral" versionScope="nonSxS" xmlns:wcm="http://schemas.microsoft.com/WMIConfig/2002/State" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
    <OOBE>
    <HideEULAPage>true</HideEULAPage>
    <HideOEMRegistrationScreen>true</HideOEMRegistrationScreen>
    <HideOnlineAccountScreens>true</HideOnlineAccountScreens>
    <HideWirelessSetupInOOBE>true</HideWirelessSetupInOOBE>
    <ProtectYourPC>2</ProtectYourPC>
    </OOBE>
    <UserAccounts>
    <LocalAccounts>
    <LocalAccount wcm:action="add">
    <Password>
    <Value>NAAxADAAMAB4AEQAVgBEACoAUABhAHMAcwB3AG8AcgBkAA==</Value>
    <PlainText>false</PlainText>
    </Password>
    <Description>Local Account</Description>
    <DisplayName>Deployment</DisplayName>
    <Group>Administrators</Group>
    <Name>Deployment</Name>
    </LocalAccount>
    </LocalAccounts>
    <AdministratorPassword>
    <Value>NAAxADAAMAB4AEQAVgBEACoAQQBkAG0AaQBuAGkAcwB0AHIAYQB0AG8AcgBQAGEAcwBzAHcAbwByAGQA</Value>
    <PlainText>false</PlainText>
    </AdministratorPassword>
    </UserAccounts>
    <TimeZone>Eastern Standard Time</TimeZone>
    </component>
    <component name="Microsoft-Windows-International-Core" processorArchitecture="amd64" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" language="neutral" versionScope="nonSxS" xmlns:wcm="http://schemas.microsoft.com/WMIConfig/2002/State" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
    <InputLocale>en-US</InputLocale>
    <SystemLocale>en-US</SystemLocale>
    <UserLocale>en-US</UserLocale>
    </component>
    </settings>
    <cpiWDS - configuring the unattended install correctly :eek:fflineImage cpi:source="wim:c:/win1903/sources/install.wim#Windows 10 Pro" xmlns:cpi="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:cpi" />
    </unattend>

All this is currently for 1903 install off a server 2016 WSUS server with the WDS role applied.

What am I doing wrong? What are the options I need to configure in the answer file to make this work properly (is it possible at all)?

Thanks

:)

bloodyskullz, Jan 7, 2020
  2. bro67 Win User
    bro67, Jan 7, 2020
  3. ikanza Win User
    Windows cannot be installed to this disk - WDS

Hi All,

I am having an issue with imaging a Dell latitude 5590 laptop from WDS.

I have configured WDS correctly i think as it is allowing me to capture an image and boot the laptop to the WDS server, but when I am on the screen where I need to select which partition to install windows on I am getting the following error: Windows
    cannot be installed to this disk, the selected disk is of the GPT partition style

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

ikanza, Jan 7, 2020
  4. WDS - configuring the unattended install correctly

Unattend xml File....

hiiii

i would like to install windows via WDS Server. How To Create Unattend .XML File in Server 2012......

Regard

Mohit

Mohit Bahirat, Jan 7, 2020
Thema:

WDS - configuring the unattended install correctly

1. WDS - configuring the unattended install correctly - Similar Threads - WDS configuring unattended

2. WDS server

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WDS server: Hi teamI have WDS server. And i captured customizing windows 10 and it is working well with the laptops. Now i need to upgrade the captured image with Win11 but I can't take windows capture with sysprep. Is there any solution for Win 11 ? or if there are any other solutions...
  3. WDS server

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WDS server: Hi teamI have WDS server. And i captured customizing windows 10 and it is working well with the laptops. Now i need to upgrade the captured image with Win11 but I can't take windows capture with sysprep. Is there any solution for Win 11 ? or if there are any other solutions...
  4. WDS Deployment Fails on OOBE unattend file every time

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WDS Deployment Fails on OOBE unattend file every time: Hello, My first post, but follow the site regularly! I am trying for the 1st time, to figure out WDS to deploy a customized W10 image. I have tried many, many times, and just can not get the unattend.xml file to work. I keep getting an error about "microsoft-shell-setup". I...
  5. Correct way to run scripts in automated, unattended Windows installation

Correct way to run scripts in automated, unattended Windows installation: I have some custom scripts that I have written to customise Windows 10 such as removing bloatware and setting file explorer options via Registry Editor that I use to apply to all users and/or the system. I have created a `autounattend.xml` Answer File with some simple...
  6. OOBE Unattended install

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    OOBE Unattended install: I am trying to be able to quickly provision machines with windows pre-installed. I created the below answer file and named it unattend.xml. I put this on the root of a blank flash drive and booted, it did not grab the file. Did i miss something? <?xml version="1.0"...
  7. Unattended install question

Unattended install question: Unattended install of custom install.wim working well except for a few things. In unattend.xml, I have <HideWirelessSetupInOOBE>true</HideWirelessSetupInOOBE> but I was still asked to connect to Wireless. I was also asked to choose Privacy settings for my device. Is there an...
  8. Cant get computer to join domain with unattended file in WDS

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cant get computer to join domain with unattended file in WDS: Hello, Recently, I have implemented WDS within my workplace to get away from Configuration Manager (As crazy as this might sounds), the reason being is to help streamline and reduce the time it takes to image a single machine and also to decrease the amount of post...
  9. Cant get computer to join domain with unattended file in WDS

Cant get computer to join domain with unattended file in WDS: Hello, Recently, I have implemented WDS within my workplace to get away from Configuration Manager (As crazy as this might sounds), the reason being is to help streamline and reduce the time it takes to image a single machine and also to decrease the amount of post...
  10. WDS activation ...?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    WDS activation ...?: Hi All. After the last update a week ago , now I have a message asking me to activate windows .. My windows 8.1 came with the HP laptop and upgraded to 10 about a year ago .. What is the problem ..? how do I fix this ..? Thanks . [img] [img] 87128