Windows 10: WDS+ PXE boot a windows 7 machine, getting error : The boot configuration data for your PC...

Discus and support WDS+ PXE boot a windows 7 machine, getting error : The boot configuration data for your PC... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am trying to update windows 7 machines to Windows 10 using WDS. After Pressing F12, getting following error.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Geek_at_Work, Sep 5, 2018.

1. WDS+ PXE boot a windows 7 machine, getting error : The boot configuration data for your PC...

I am trying to update windows 7 machines to Windows 10 using WDS.

After Pressing F12, getting following error.

Downloaded WDSNBP from 10.10.100.129

WDSNBP started using DHCP Referral.
    Contacting Server: XXXXXXX (Gateway: 0.0.0.0)..
    No response from Windows Deployment Services server.
    Launching pxeboot.com…
    Press F12 for network service boot

Pressing F12 key shows the below message:

The boot configuration data for your PC is missing or contains errors.
    File: \boot\bcd
    Error code:0xc000000f

Any Clues which can help resolve this issue is much appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

:)

Geek_at_Work, Sep 5, 2018

2. PXE BOOT and Defrag

Is it possible to PXE BOOT Defrag Windows XP Pro over the network? At work we have a TON of XP Pro machines we use and they are slow as a coffin in a grave due to fragmentation.
    The IT dept can not get to them as it is a 2-3 man crew. Is it possible to PXE Boot to initiate a defrag over the network to all the PCs? The management wont let them install other tools.

Killer_Rubber_Ducky, Sep 5, 2018
  3. v12dock Win User
    PXE BOOT and Defrag

Fog is an awesome utility we used it to image over 200 machine over at place I used to be employed at. You might be able to setup a PXE of hirens boot

v12dock, Sep 5, 2018
  4. RVNA Win User

WDS+ PXE boot a windows 7 machine, getting error : The boot configuration data for your PC...

Can't PXE boot

I am trying to find out why some PC's boot and others don't. The ones that don't give me a 53 error, no boot filename received. I can take another PC and plug it into the port that the PC was in that will not boot and that PC will PXE boot. These PC's are different models and the one that doesn't work may be older, but has the PXE option in the BIOS. Could it be that you have to have different boot images on the server? If you do, are these boot images based on the NIC type? If I need to create other boot images how do I create them?

RVNA, Sep 5, 2018
Thema:

WDS+ PXE boot a windows 7 machine, getting error : The boot configuration data for your PC...

1. WDS+ PXE boot a windows 7 machine, getting error : The boot configuration data for your PC... - Similar Threads - WDS+ PXE boot

2. UEFI pxe boot problem with WDS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UEFI pxe boot problem with WDS: Hello all,Recently, we purchased gigabyte H510M S2P motherboards and I could not enable legacybios mode to install windows from WDS server. When i enable CSM on mitherboard to boot with bios it hangs on bios boot screen, so I enabled network stack to be able to boot from uefi...
  3. UEFI pxe boot problem with WDS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    UEFI pxe boot problem with WDS: Hello all,Recently, we purchased gigabyte H510M S2P motherboards and I could not enable legacybios mode to install windows from WDS server. When i enable CSM on mitherboard to boot with bios it hangs on bios boot screen, so I enabled network stack to be able to boot from uefi...
  4. Boot configuration Data error during PXE boot after add VMware drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Boot configuration Data error during PXE boot after add VMware drivers: I have WDS and MDT installed on a Windows Server in my network. The WDS server is on the same subnet as the client machine. I am getting the following error on my VMware VMs when trying to boot LiteTouch over PXE:I can't figure out how to get rid of the error. I've...
  5. Boot configuration Data error during PXE boot after add VMware drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Boot configuration Data error during PXE boot after add VMware drivers: I have WDS and MDT installed on a Windows Server in my network. The WDS server is on the same subnet as the client machine. I am getting the following error on my VMware VMs when trying to boot LiteTouch over PXE:I can't figure out how to get rid of the error. I've...
  6. The boot configuration Data for your Pc is missing.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The boot configuration Data for your Pc is missing.: Status -0xc0000102 I'm trying to format my laptop using bootable pen drive but when I'm trying to delete the particisions it's showing Error-0x800701e3. Please Help...
  7. Boot Configuration data for your PC is missing or contains errors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Boot Configuration data for your PC is missing or contains errors: This error is displaying when I try to open my laptop. Please guide me a solution.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/boot-configuration-data-for-your-pc-is-missing-or/d8d160d7-e4c0-4edb-9b9f-486ee74e5b38
  8. The boot configuration Data for your PC is missing or contains errors.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    The boot configuration Data for your PC is missing or contains errors.: I would have fone the automatic reset. But i do not own the usb or dvd that it comes with. Any ideas for resetting this vut without the usb or dvd?...
  9. The boot configuration data for your pc is missing or contains errors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The boot configuration data for your pc is missing or contains errors: So I have been literally trying to fix my windows not being able to boot at all for more than 12 hours straight till now. I almost read every single article and troubleshooting step on the web to find a solution but nothing seems to work. I will keep it short as much as I...
  10. The Boot Configuration Data for your PC is missing or contains errors

in Windows 10 Support
    The Boot Configuration Data for your PC is missing or contains errors: I came home one day and got a blue screen when trying to start up my computer. The error said "a required device isn't connected". I tried solving this problems in a lot of ways but I think I only made things worse cause now the error says "Your PC/Device needs to be...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pxe error The boot configuration data for your PC is missing or contains errors