Windows 10: we are trying to do a clean install of windows 11 on a 2 tb drive and can't get past the...

Discus and support we are trying to do a clean install of windows 11 on a 2 tb drive and can't get past the... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; we are trying to do a clean install of windows 11 on a 2 tb drive and can't get past the robot test... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Dee-b, May 22, 2024.

1. Dee-b Win User

we are trying to do a clean install of windows 11 on a 2 tb drive and can't get past the...

we are trying to do a clean install of windows 11 on a 2 tb drive and can't get past the robot test

:)

Dee-b, May 22, 2024
  2. Phusius Win User

How do I get Windows 7 to install on a full 3 TB HDD?

Thanks everyone, much appreciated. Giving this a shot now. I already try converting to GPT once already and it worked, but still only showed 2 TB, however, the steps listed your link Newteki have a few added steps I did not do. Also, I decided to go with Windows 8 Pro since Windows 7 was giving me so much trouble with this issue, yet it still gave me the same problems of only showing 2 TB then a separate 700ish GB drive.

Here goes nothing, thanks all, will be reporting back soon, hozzah!

Phusius, May 22, 2024
  3. How do I get Windows 7 to install on a full 3 TB HDD?

You may could divide into two partitions 1.5GB a piece and that would be easier.

brandonwh64, May 22, 2024
  4. we are trying to do a clean install of windows 11 on a 2 tb drive and can't get past the...

Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, May 22, 2024
Thema:

we are trying to do a clean install of windows 11 on a 2 tb drive and can't get past the...

1. we are trying to do a clean install of windows 11 on a 2 tb drive and can't get past the... - Similar Threads - are trying clean

2. we are trying to do a clean install of windows 11 on a 2 tb drive and can't get past the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    we are trying to do a clean install of windows 11 on a 2 tb drive and can't get past the...: we are trying to do a clean install of windows 11 on a 2 tb drive and can't get past the robot test https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/we-are-trying-to-do-a-clean-install-of-windows-11/136f7f62-fef6-4e17-af3c-524130514dd5
  3. Can't do clean install of Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't do clean install of Windows 11: My C drive a 500 Gig NVMe was down to less than 4 Gig left so I bought a 1 TB one. I tried cloning to the new one and that didn't go good, and somehow the old one got wiped too. Anyway, I decided to do a clean Windows 11 install, but get stuck. I made a Windows 11 install...
  4. Can't do clean install of Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't do clean install of Windows 11: My C drive a 500 Gig NVMe was down to less than 4 Gig left so I bought a 1 TB one. I tried cloning to the new one and that didn't go good, and somehow the old one got wiped too. Anyway, I decided to do a clean Windows 11 install, but get stuck. I made a Windows 11 install...
  5. USB 2 TB flash drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB 2 TB flash drive: My computer read this usb drive at one time now isnt reading it. Can anyone help. I checked the drivers and the settings but it hasnt helped https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-2-tb-flash-drive/8eaf1b7f-26d1-4e4d-9152-065263607892
  6. Why can't I extend C partition past 2 Tb on a 4 Tb drive?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why can't I extend C partition past 2 Tb on a 4 Tb drive?: Windows will not let me extend C drive partition past 2 Tb why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-i-extend-c-partition-past-2-tb-on-a-4-tb/1995bdc4-6e5c-4eae-aead-36557202364b
  7. trying to get windows 10 to recongnize my 6 tb hard drive not only 1.99 tb

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    trying to get windows 10 to recongnize my 6 tb hard drive not only 1.99 tb: My pc only detects 1.99 tb not my whole 6tb, The windows tell me its a MBR not a GPT, How do I make my pc a GPT? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trying-to-get-windows-10-to-recongnize-my-6-tb/6ff5487f-c4ff-4c87-8e26-196ee49e3e06"
  8. large 4 tb drive but windows only recognizes 2 TB

large 4 tb drive but windows only recognizes 2 TB: Trying to figure out a workaround to utilize the second partition on my 4 TB drive. The drive shows an active partition of 2048 GB and an unallocated partition of 1678 GB. I cannot format, activate or do anything as all options presented when I right click are greyed out....
  9. Large 4 tb drive but Windows only recognizes 2 TB

Large 4 tb drive but Windows only recognizes 2 TB: Trying to figure out a workaround to utilize the second partition on my 4 TB drive. The drive shows an active partition of 2048 GB. I cannot format, activate or do anything....
  10. Trying to do a clean install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Trying to do a clean install: I keep getting an 025 error about 60 percent into installing Win 10 on a new WD 1TB drive. I've deleted and formatted partitions, and only used the one drive, others disconnected. I upgraded from 7 to 10 some time back and that's on another drive but I want to do a clean...