Windows 10: we are using O365 and some user facing issue with the excel. while opening new excel file...

Discus and support we are using O365 and some user facing issue with the excel. while opening new excel file... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Faulting application name: EXCEL.EXE, version: 16.0.15601.20538, time stamp: 0x63e2a21c Faulting module name: urlmon.dll, version: 11.0.19041.2604,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Parshuram-Krishna Sakhare, Mar 23, 2023.

1. we are using O365 and some user facing issue with the excel. while opening new excel file...

Faulting application name: EXCEL.EXE, version: 16.0.15601.20538, time stamp: 0x63e2a21c Faulting module name: urlmon.dll, version: 11.0.19041.2604, time stamp: 0xa8cfc6fe Exception code: 0xc0000005 Fault offset: 0x0000000000088d06 Faulting process id: 0x652c Faulting application start time: 0x01d959b18cc9b8be Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Root\Office16\EXCEL.EXE Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\urlmon.dll Report Id: e8552489-6126-4872-bb9a-51f90d66b60e Faulting package full name: Faulting package-relative application ID:Faulting application name: E

:)

Parshuram-Krishna Sakhare, Mar 23, 2023
  2. Dayana O Win User

Excel files opening in chrome

EXCEL files saved in SHARED SERVER open in Chrome by default. When I try to select what they should open in, EXCEL is not listed as an option.

HOWEVER, EXCEL files saved in PC Open to EXCEL Correctly and listed as EXCEL files as well.

Why are the Shared server EXCEL files opening only in chrome?

I have checked all the default program and Excel is listed in the system but not as an option when I try to open EXCEL files from Shared server.

Please help. This is a new computer, just finished setting up, Office 365 has been a nightmare all day.

Dayana O, Mar 23, 2023
  3. dalchina Win User
    CSV files used to open in Excel....not now!

Hi, you say Excel is installed. Does it run normally?

You can't find Excel in (an unspecified) list of applications. I don't know which list that is for sure.

For example, in the list related to:
    - rt click a file. Open With
    - this list:

we are using O365 and some user facing issue with the excel. while opening new excel file... 117074d1485975761t-csv-files-used-open-excel-not-now-snap-2017-01-14-14.24.53.jpg

- this list:

we are using O365 and some user facing issue with the excel. while opening new excel file... 117076d1485975761t-csv-files-used-open-excel-not-now-snap-2017-01-14-14.25.46.jpg

- some other list...

If Excel does not appear in the above, I suggest you repair your office installation.

Maybe the above gives you some ideas. Otherwise please post a screenshot of where you think you should see it but don't. Thanks.

dalchina, Mar 23, 2023
  4. we are using O365 and some user facing issue with the excel. while opening new excel file...

Excel file

Hi zhiyang....,

I'm assuming that since you're using Excel 2011, that you have a Mac. Have you tried saving the file in the default 2011 format of XLSX?

While I have tested and can open both XLS and XLSX files on my Windows Phone, they were both created in PC versions of Excel 2000 and Excel 2010.

As a test, would you:

• First, try saving the file as XLSX and see if you can access the newer file format on your phone.

Otherwise, try the following as a test:

• Open up a web browser
    • Go to Windows Live and login.
    • Select "SkyDrive" at the top of the brwoser window
    • Select the Excel icon near the top where it says "Create"
    • Add a few numbers and do an AutoSum. Maybe add some formatting.
    • Close the workbook (File -> Close workbook)
    • Next, your SkyDrive file listing will appear with the new file.
    • Click the "i" circle to the far right of the new file.
    • Now, select "Send a link"
    • Enter your e-mail information and click "Send"
    • On your phone, open the e-mail and click on the button that says "View document"
    • You should be able to view the document.
    • If yes, then there is apparently a compatibilty issue on the Mac using XLS and I would try my first suggestion of trying to save the file in a different format like the newer XLSX.

By the way, the procedure gets easier in Windows Phone Mango (coming soon - no official release dates yet except in Japan) as you can save to and access files directly from your SkyDrive. That would eliminate the e-mailing it to yourself steps ... a lot easier!

I hope this helps!

David

David Scammell, Mar 23, 2023
Thema:

we are using O365 and some user facing issue with the excel. while opening new excel file...

1. we are using O365 and some user facing issue with the excel. while opening new excel file... - Similar Threads - are using O365

2. I can't open some Excel files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't open some Excel files.: I can't open some Excel files from OneDrive or from MS Explorer. I get the following comment: "Cannot open the file because the file path is more than 259 characters. Try shortening the path or the filename". Similar files there are no issues. When I try changing the file...
  3. I can't open some Excel files.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't open some Excel files.: I can't open some Excel files from OneDrive or from MS Explorer. I get the following comment: "Cannot open the file because the file path is more than 259 characters. Try shortening the path or the filename". Similar files there are no issues. When I try changing the file...
  4. we are using O365 and some user facing issue with the excel. while opening new excel file...

in Windows 10 Customization
    we are using O365 and some user facing issue with the excel. while opening new excel file...: Faulting application name: EXCEL.EXE, version: 16.0.15601.20538, time stamp: 0x63e2a21c Faulting module name: urlmon.dll, version: 11.0.19041.2604, time stamp: 0xa8cfc6fe Exception code: 0xc0000005 Fault offset: 0x0000000000088d06 Faulting process id: 0x652c Faulting...
  5. we are using O365 and some user facing issue with the excel. while opening new excel file...

we are using O365 and some user facing issue with the excel. while opening new excel file...: Faulting application name: EXCEL.EXE, version: 16.0.15601.20538, time stamp: 0x63e2a21c Faulting module name: urlmon.dll, version: 11.0.19041.2604, time stamp: 0xa8cfc6fe Exception code: 0xc0000005 Fault offset: 0x0000000000088d06 Faulting process id: 0x652c Faulting...
  6. Excel file will not open

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Excel file will not open: Hi, I tried to save me excel file but it seems it was saved in another format and now I can't open it in excel. When I try to open it, a window pops up saying "how do you want to open this file?". Excel is not one of the options...
  7. Cannot open an Excel file

Cannot open an Excel file: I have a problem opening just one odd excel file. this is a .xlsx file, and I am using Office 2013. Office program fully up to date. I have tried all the amateur workarounds (I have limited computer know how) inc office has been repaired. On opening the file, there is a...
  8. Excel Ideas Missing from O365

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Excel Ideas Missing from O365: The Excel Ideas button is missing from the ribbon of my O365 installation, and i keep getting the run-around that it's being deployed in stages and will eventually turn up. AFAIK this feature has been available for quite sometime now, and even if it was been deployed by...
  9. Can't open some excel spreadsheets

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't open some excel spreadsheets: I have Windows 10 and I recently installed Publisher onto my computer now I cannot open some spreadsheets. I don't get any type of error message they just won't open....
  10. CSV files used to open in Excel....not now!

in Microsoft Office and 365
    CSV files used to open in Excel....not now!: For a long time I have kept detailed records from my phone provider personal analysis to ensure being on the correct package Throughout the csv files from the company downloaded have opened by default in Excel 2007 Home and Student, but suddenly they open in Notepad. I do not...