Windows 10: We are working on updates 15% complete

Discus and support We are working on updates 15% complete in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi I had to do a clean install of W10 using the W10 upgrade on my ASUS Desktop PC CM6630_CM6730_CM6830, I cannot work out how to change my profile I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by daniellouwrens, Dec 20, 2019.

1. We are working on updates 15% complete

Hi

I had to do a clean install of W10 using the W10 upgrade on my
    ASUS Desktop PC CM6630_CM6730_CM6830, I cannot work out how to change my profile

I all went very well and I installed a number of my programs
    including Office 2007, both office an W10 were activated without a problem.

Then I ran Windows update and one of the updates for Office 2007 failed with a
    retry option which gave the same result, "install failed" retry.

After a few restarts and retries it was still failing and there was no way to "Check for updates"
    so I downloaded the KB file the install failed with a message that the relevant program
    was not there.

I hid the update so I could run check for updates which ran sucessfully and found
    about 25 updates which started to download.

When the first update was ready it installed then demanded a restart.

When I once the reboot started blue screen came up with the message
    "We are working on updates 15% complete" "Don't turn off your computer"

This started 8 hours ago and has not changed, it still says 15%.

On thing I noticed is that the Internet Active light is flashing showing data is flowing
    but in 8 hours it would have downloaded over 7,000 GB so something is wrong.

Any ideas on that I need to do or can do about it.

I have attached a picture of the screen

We are working on updates 15% complete [​IMG]

regards

Daniel

:)

daniellouwrens, Dec 20, 2019
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond We are working on updates 15% complete :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Dec 20, 2019
  3. FIFA 15 not working in windows 10

I have followed the steps you suggested, but fifa 15 still doesn't work.

Mohammed TaqeeNawaz, Dec 20, 2019
  4. We are working on updates 15% complete

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Dec 20, 2019
Thema:

We are working on updates 15% complete

1. We are working on updates 15% complete - Similar Threads - are working updates

2. We couldnt complete updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    We couldnt complete updates: Hallo microsoft, I need your support. I still cant update windows on my laptop, since new year. It says we couldnt complete updates. I ve tried a lot of things, like running in safe mode, deleting update distribution folder, expand recovery partition, run troubleshooter, run...
  3. We couldnt complete updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    We couldnt complete updates: Hallo microsoft, I need your support. I still cant update windows on my laptop, since new year. It says we couldnt complete updates. I ve tried a lot of things, like running in safe mode, deleting update distribution folder, expand recovery partition, run troubleshooter, run...
  4. We couldnt complete updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. We couldnt complete the update/0x800f0922

We couldnt complete the update/0x800f0922: Ive attempted to update my computer many times but it keeps saying "we couldnt complete the update". The update goes smooth until it stops at %98. Ive tried disabling the firewall, enabling the framework, and reseting the windows update driver components. Nothing seems to...
  6. We couldn't complete the updates.

We couldn't complete the updates.: So every time i start my pc i got the message "we couldn't complete the updates", i managed to enter safe mode, what do I do now? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/we-couldnt-complete-the-updates/fd6ceaf8-d01a-40be-8f03-7fd0601176f6
  7. We couldn’t complete updates

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    We couldn’t complete updates: Hello Reddit! Sorry if this is something really obvious but I keep trying to install updates on my windows 10 pc and it never works. It just ends up saying “we couldn’t complete updates, reverting changes”. Any suggestions? I hope it’s an easy fix as I use my desktop for...
  8. "We couldn't complete the updates"

"We couldn't complete the updates": So I'm here still waiting for my pc to finish the same thing that happens since you released the 20H2 update: it tries to update but then it says that it couldn't, so every time i turn on the system i have to wait like 15 minutes and watch this process. All the money that...
  9. Working on updates 35% complete. Now 'we couldn't complete the updates, undoing changes'

Working on updates 35% complete. Now 'we couldn't complete the updates, undoing changes': Dell Inspirion 15 Windows 10, stuck for two hours at 35 percent update. Blue screen. Please help. I am not a techie. Update: Blue screen now says "We couldn't complete the updates. Undoing changes." It has been that way for 15 minutes....
  10. We couldn't complete the updates (KB3135173)

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    We couldn't complete the updates (KB3135173): Hello, I tried installing update KB3135173. When I restarted after downloading the update, it gave me this message on the BIOS splash screen: Fatal Error C00000D4 applying update operation 872 of 50659 (InkDiv.dll) Then, when showing the Windows 10 start animation,...