Windows 10: We can do it with cars, but can't it be done with our computers/tabs?

Discus and support We can do it with cars, but can't it be done with our computers/tabs? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Like almost all modern cars, my Acura recognizes my Samsung smartphone, and through its interface, I can dial, receive calls and SMS without touching... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Saintor, Mar 28, 2016.

1. Saintor Win User

We can do it with cars, but can't it be done with our computers/tabs?

Like almost all modern cars, my Acura recognizes my Samsung smartphone, and through its interface, I can dial, receive calls and SMS without touching physically the phone. Awesome.

Why isn't this feature all around with our newest W10 computers and Android tablets? Apparently it is available in iOS (Apple). It should be native and not an add-on and I think some Samsung tablets do have it. I use MightyText Chrome Extension but it is not yet a bulletproof proposition. Why only cars?

:)

Saintor, Mar 28, 2016

2. Locking phone with no reception, can it be done?

Thanks for the reply Andrew.

That is helpul, I tried finding my new phone and I guess because I don't have the app installed Microsoft can't locate that one either. Surely it should state that it can only locate your phone if you have previously installed the app, or switched it on(I'm
    not the best at reading important things so I may have missed it).

Still it should be possible for MS to lock a stolen phone if it tries to log in to the store?

Thanks again for the help,

Jimmy.

barrywarry, Mar 28, 2016
  3. Locking phone with no reception, can it be done?

Hi barrywarry,

Thank you for your contribution to Microsoft Community.

To answer your question, it's not possible at all to locate the phone without the phone being on, connected to a Wifi network and furthermore having the 'Find My Phone' feature already setup prior to the theft or loss of the device.

From my personal and professional experience, I've found that the find my phone feature, alhough technically efficient and functional when you have the phone with you, is rarely of any help in case of theft.

Kind regards,

Andrew Gr., Mar 28, 2016
  4. We can do it with cars, but can't it be done with our computers/tabs?

Well there is nothing stopping it from working. Just the software needs to be created like it was for cars. In most cases the car is just acting as a Bluetooth headset and nothing more. In other cases its more sophisticated but that is determined by the phone and how it exposes that functionality to the car.

Anyways for your Samsung phone. There is Sidesync on the pc.

logicearth, Mar 28, 2016
Thema:

We can do it with cars, but can't it be done with our computers/tabs?

1. We can do it with cars, but can't it be done with our computers/tabs? - Similar Threads - cars can't done

2. Our office manager left our company and we can not login to her PC because we do not know...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Our office manager left our company and we can not login to her PC because we do not know...: Our office manager left our company, Quickbooks was trying to update but came to a screen asking for the admin login credentials which we do not know. is it possible to change the admin login info?...
  3. Our office manager left our company and we can not login to her PC because we do not know...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Our office manager left our company and we can not login to her PC because we do not know...: Our office manager left our company, Quickbooks was trying to update but came to a screen asking for the admin login credentials which we do not know. is it possible to change the admin login info?...
  4. Our office manager left our company and we can not login to her PC because we do not know...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. How can we see our notification history

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can we see our notification history: How can we see our notification history? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-we-see-our-notification-history/0615f0db-dee1-4249-a3cd-2a232df4882e
  6. How can we see our notification history

How can we see our notification history: How can we see our notification history? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-we-see-our-notification-history/0615f0db-dee1-4249-a3cd-2a232df4882e
  7. How can we get our product key?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can we get our product key?: How can we get our product key? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-we-get-our-product-key/af71d1cf-d02e-4b01-a9e9-08d1939791d9
  8. How can we get our product key?

How can we get our product key?: How can we get our product key? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-we-get-our-product-key/af71d1cf-d02e-4b01-a9e9-08d1939791d9
  9. Can we delete "Airplane Mode" if we don't need that in our life?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can we delete "Airplane Mode" if we don't need that in our life?: I wish we can delete Airplane mode from our computer if we want People who need it still have it but people who don't need Airplane mode can just delete its existence from their computer/laptop. Whenever I accidentally activate Airplane mode, after I turn it off, my computer...
  10. How we can update our pc

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How we can update our pc: I am posting this comment because of I a new Microsoft user and i don't know how to use how to properly update our pc so can someone tell me how to properly update our pc < Link removed by VM >...