Windows 10: we cannot get our printer, fax to work with Windows 10.

Discus and support we cannot get our printer, fax to work with Windows 10. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Tried printing and faxing, but does not work any more. Help! \... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by 1jackamos1, Mar 26, 2020.

1. we cannot get our printer, fax to work with Windows 10.

Tried printing and faxing, but does not work any more. Help!

\

:)

1jackamos1, Mar 26, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

Printer not working with Windows 10

Hi,

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to run the Printer troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Printer. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Printer. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select
      Control panel

• Change the view by option on the top right to
      Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Printer troubleshooter.

And also refer the link below and check if it helps

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-printer-problems

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Mar 26, 2020
  3. Jan123 Win User
    Windows 10 Home Won't Print to Remote Printer

I have three computers.
    Machine 1: Windows 10 pro, has the USB Brother HL-5040 printer
    Machine 2: Windows 10 pro, prints OK to the remote printer.
    Machine 3: Windows 10 home, Used to print, but not anymore (THIS IS THE PROBLEM).
    I’ve tried everything that I can think of, and would appreciate any suggestions.
    I did these steps on Machine 3 that did not work.

1. Remove the printer device.
    2. Add a Printer
    3. The printer that I want isn’t listed
    4. Select a shared printer by name
    5. Browse
    6. Select the displayed Machine 1.
    7. Select the displayed Printer.
    8. Next
    9. Failure “Connect to Printer”.
    10. Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or Hostname
    11. Next
    12. Set Hostname to Machine 2, and set port name.
    13. Detecting TCP/IP Port
    14. Additional Port information required.
    15. Device Type – Standard, Brother Port Server
    16. Next
    17. Detecting the Driver Model
    18. Install The Print Driver
    19. Select Brother and Brother HL-5040
    20. Next
    21. Replace the Current Driver
    22. Printer Name (setting it to HL-5040)
    23. Next
    24. Do not share this printer
    25. Next
    26. You’ve successfully added “HL-5040”
    27. Finish
    Printing on Machine 3 puts the document in the print queue, which reports error printing.
    Printing from Machine 2 to the printer on Machine 1 works perfectly.
    All three machines are in the same HomeGroup. Machine 3 can access the shared files from Machine 1.

Jan123, Mar 26, 2020
  4. we cannot get our printer, fax to work with Windows 10.

Printer not working

Hi Terry,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

How have you connected the printer to your computer? Is it wired or wireless connection?

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Control Panel.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Select View all on the top left corner.

• Click Hardware and Devices.

• Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall the driver

I suggest you to try uninstall the Mouse, Touchpad and Printer drivers check if it works for you.
    Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Right-click on the Touchpad device listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Follow the same steps to uninstall Mouse and Printer drivers.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Try to access the device manufacturer's website and download and install the latest chipset, touchpad and Printer drivers.

Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Giridhar J, Mar 26, 2020
Thema:

we cannot get our printer, fax to work with Windows 10.

1. we cannot get our printer, fax to work with Windows 10. - Similar Threads - cannot printer fax

2. Our company is logged out of our Microsoft 365 email. We get a notification saying that we...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Our company is logged out of our Microsoft 365 email. We get a notification saying that we...: Message we receive: Your account has been locked. Contact your support person to unlock it, then try again.Your *** Email address is removed for privacy *** in...
  3. Our company is logged out of our Microsoft 365 email. We get a notification saying that we...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Our company is logged out of our Microsoft 365 email. We get a notification saying that we...: Message we receive: Your account has been locked. Contact your support person to unlock it, then try again.Your *** Email address is removed for privacy *** in...
  4. Our company is logged out of our Microsoft 365 email. We get a notification saying that we...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. How can we get our product key?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can we get our product key?: How can we get our product key? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-we-get-our-product-key/af71d1cf-d02e-4b01-a9e9-08d1939791d9
  6. How can we get our product key?

How can we get our product key?: How can we get our product key? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-we-get-our-product-key/af71d1cf-d02e-4b01-a9e9-08d1939791d9
  7. Windows Fax and Scan, Cannot print faxes to printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Fax and Scan, Cannot print faxes to printer: I have been facing this problem for about a week now. Faxes are working just fine. I can send and receive faxes without problem. I can save those faxes and then print them if needed. But the problem is that I cannot print them directly from the application as I were able to...
  8. Windows Fax and Scan, Cannot print faxes to printer

Windows Fax and Scan, Cannot print faxes to printer: I have been facing this problem for about a week now. Faxes are working just fine. I can send and receive faxes without problem. I can save those faxes and then print them if needed. But the problem is that I cannot print them directly from the application as I were able to...
  9. Fax from PC to Epson printer is not working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Fax from PC to Epson printer is not working.: Fax from PC to Epson printer is not working. I kept getting "PC to printer comm. error". The print and scan functions work from the PC, but not faxing by using the print command and selecting the printer's fax option, which was always the way I sent fax. I can fax manually...
  10. printer scanner fax

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    printer scanner fax: I'm new here, bare with me, if possible. I have a HP Officejet Pro 8500A. It's obviously not bran new, but I believe in good shape. I've hooked it up, and am getting blank pages coming out of it, when attempting to print. All help is appreciated....