Windows 10: "We can't activate Windows on this device right now."

Discus and support "We can't activate Windows on this device right now." in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have recently reinstalled Windows because something had happened to the Windows folder earlier that was causing the computer to function improperly.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by minty_duck5, Jan 4, 2020.

1. "We can't activate Windows on this device right now."

I have recently reinstalled Windows because something had happened to the Windows folder earlier that was causing the computer to function improperly. After Windows was reinstalled, I was informed that Windows wasn't activated on my computer, despite my account being a Windows account, and therefore not needing to purchase a digital license. Or at least that's how I think it works. When going to Activation in Settings, the problem was that I "don't have a valid digital license or product key." When looking, I have also noticed that I do not have an activation status, and where it would have been is left blank. When I troubleshooted, the error I got was "We can't activate Windows on this device right now. You can try activating again later or go to the store to purchase genuine Windows." Along with the error code 0x8007056c.

How do I fix this error? I couldn't find anything about the error code when searching it up, so I decided to ask.

:)

minty_duck5, Jan 4, 2020
  2. jmcslob Win User

2 x SSD Raid 0 - is this right?

T ski b4 your done with this post can you list a step by step fix of what you did, I would appreciate it if you would...Thanks

jmcslob, Jan 4, 2020
  3. jmcslob Win User
    2 x SSD Raid 0 - is this right?

Hey Fits

Can you list a few helpful hints for T ski ,maybe a step by step how to OR what to look out for*Cool "We can't activate Windows on this device right now." :cool:

jmcslob, Jan 4, 2020
  4. "We can't activate Windows on this device right now."

Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Jan 4, 2020
Thema:

"We can't activate Windows on this device right now."

1. "We can't activate Windows on this device right now." - Similar Threads - can't activate device

2. We can't activate Windows on this device right now. You can try activating again later or...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    We can't activate Windows on this device right now. You can try activating again later or...: I had my Acer Aspire V3-574 series upgraded to Windows 10 Pro since it has a free upgrade. But now I suddenly got this problem "The last product key you entered can't be used on this copy of Windows. 0x8007041D" so I googled it and followed this solution[...
  3. We can't activate Windows on this device right now. You can try activating again later or...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    We can't activate Windows on this device right now. You can try activating again later or...: I had my Acer Aspire V3-574 series upgraded to Windows 10 Pro since it has a free upgrade. But now I suddenly got this problem "The last product key you entered can't be used on this copy of Windows. 0x8007041D" so I googled it and followed this solution[...
  4. We can't activate Windows on this device right now. You can try activating again later or...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. Help! We can't activate windows on this device.

Help! We can't activate windows on this device.: I bought a new SSD and install win 10 pro. I cant use my product key error code: 0xC004C008. "we can't activate windows on this device because the product key was already used". I already remove my product key from my previous SSD by using slmgr /upk command and slmgr /cpky...
  6. Help! We can't activate windows on this device.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help! We can't activate windows on this device.: I bought a new SSD and install win 10 pro. I cant use my product key error code: 0xC004C008. "we can't activate windows on this device because the product key was already used". I already remove my product key from my previous SSD by using slmgr /upk command and slmgr /cpky...
  7. "We Can't Activate windows on this device............"

"We Can't Activate windows on this device............": I need help with this: "We can't activate windows on this device as we can't connect to you organization's activation server. Make sure you are connected to your Organization's network and try again. If you continue having problems with activation , Contact your...
  8. "We can't activate Windows on this device right now."

"We can't activate Windows on this device right now.": I have recently upgraded the hardware on my computer, and installed a fresh copy of Windows 10 Home. I was previously running a version of Windows 10 Home which had been upgraded from Windows 7 for free. I have attempted to activate my digital license using the...
  9. We can't activate Windows on this device

We can't activate Windows on this device: [ATTACH] O.K, so this just popped up on my computer between 5:59 - 6:04 PM EST, and I've looked at every solution there is, but to no avail. My Windows 10 Pro has been activated since April 2019. The only thing I can do is to wait until the organisations servers from...
  10. We can't Activate Windows On This Device

We can't Activate Windows On This Device: I have a Win 10 pro digital license for my PC (and a separate one for my laptop). I have had the same license's for a couple of years. I have reinstalled and reloaded system images too many times that I can remember. I share a Microsoft account with my laptop (same email...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. we cant activate windows on this device right now

2. we cant activate windows on this device right now 0x800710df