Windows 10: "We can't connect to Microsoft Family at the moment"

Discus and support "We can't connect to Microsoft Family at the moment" in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; So I had a desktop Windows 10 used it with family features for about a year with no issues, then I got a laptop Windows 11, with the same account as... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Mr_Cheese_21, Feb 11, 2022.

1. "We can't connect to Microsoft Family at the moment"

So I had a desktop Windows 10 used it with family features for about a year with no issues, then I got a laptop Windows 11, with the same account as the desktop. All of the sudden when I log onto the desktop and send a request it errors out saying "failed to send request" I was connected to the internet via ethernet. I restarted it same thing, I rebooted it same thing, I shut it down and left it for two weeks then turned it back on same thing. So I can't log onto my account, and I think the next logical step is to log onto another account. I do that and there it is in the settings area,

:)

Mr_Cheese_21, Feb 11, 2022
  2. BHeather Win User

We can't connect to Microsoft Family at the moment

Hi This didn't help but I found that if I make put the internal firewall on the DMZ for the external router then the Microsoft family stuff starts working. This suggests that there is a connection issue with a specific site so please can I return to my
    first questions

• which domains the microsoft family services use so I can white list them
    • if there i a direct network connection please can you tell me which ports are used so I can forward them directly.

Does anyone know what is happening or how I can sort this without using the DMZ feature.

Many thanks

Bruce

BHeather, Feb 11, 2022
  3. NilsB_#98 Win User
    can't connect to microsoft family at the moment

I would like to add a new family member in windows 10 but since I tried the day before yesterday I am only getting this error message:

"we can't connect to microsoft family at the moment"

Does anyone have the same problem?

Or did it work without problems on your pc?

Internet connection is ok, Windows 10 is up to date.

Thank you.

NilsB_#98, Feb 11, 2022
  4. "We can't connect to Microsoft Family at the moment"

'We can't connect to Microsoft Family at the moment'

Deepika,

This reply is of no use. As a Microsoft Support Engineer you must be able to do better than that.

As JustineWright clearly stated above, she has updated her Microsoft Family settings online. Therefore it is of no use to give instructions to do just that.

Having updated Microsoft Family settings, she is definitely also aware of the changes there. No need to re-state that.

I also have the same problem:

I have set up everything correctly at Microsoft Family settings web site. Yes. I know how to do that.

Evidently networking is ok: I am entering this question on this web site.

Entering Windows 10 'Settings - Accounts - Family & other users', it displays in red text on top of the panel: "We can't connect to Microsoft family at the moment, so your family on this device might not be up to date."

The children's time limits are not in effect. They can login at any time and stay on computer as long as they will. Time limits are completely disregarded.

I can see all my family members listed under "Other users" - not under "Your family" as I might expect.

I have just days ago refreshed (as opposed to reset) the Windows 10 installation on this computer.

Question 1:

How can I make the Family settings (time limits) take effect?

Question 2: Is it important, whether my family members are listed under "Your family" or "Other users"?

Question 3:

If Q2 is significant, how can I move my family members from "Other users" to "Your family"?

Please try to address these real issues on your eventual reply.

JukkaLindgren, Feb 11, 2022
Thema:

"We can't connect to Microsoft Family at the moment"

1. "We can't connect to Microsoft Family at the moment" - Similar Threads - can't connect Microsoft

2. "We couldn't connect to Microsoft family right now, so your family on this device might not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "We couldn't connect to Microsoft family right now, so your family on this device might not...: I am trying to add another user to my computer system, but I get the message: "We couldn't connect to Microsoft family right now, so your family on this device might not be up to date. " How can I fix this?...
  3. "We can't connect to Microsoft Family at the moment"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "We can't connect to Microsoft Family at the moment": So I had a desktop Windows 10 used it with family features for about a year with no issues, then I got a laptop Windows 11, with the same account as the desktop. All of the sudden when I log onto the desktop and send a request it errors out saying "failed to send request" I...
  4. "We can't connect to Microsoft Family at the moment"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "We can't connect to Microsoft Family at the moment": So I had a desktop Windows 10 used it with family features for about a year with no issues, then I got a laptop Windows 11, with the same account as the desktop. All of the sudden when I log onto the desktop and send a request it errors out saying "failed to send request" I...
  5. Microsoft family not connecting...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft family not connecting...: I need to talk to a person to resolve a problem on my son's computer. I have Microsoft Family set-up which works with the Xbox with no issues. My son has just got a Microsoft PC and has been set-up as administrator. I need to change this so that his time limits from Microsoft...
  6. Microsoft family not connecting...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft family not connecting...: I need to talk to a person to resolve a problem on my son's computer. I have Microsoft Family set-up which works with the Xbox with no issues. My son has just got a Microsoft PC and has been set-up as administrator. I need to change this so that his time limits from Microsoft...
  7. Microsoft family not connecting...

8. We couldn’t connect to Microsoft family right now

in Windows 10 News
    We couldn’t connect to Microsoft family right now: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]It is possible to add all your family members under what Windows offers as Microsoft family. These accounts can be seamlessly added to the computer without creating it manually like other accounts. However at times, Windows 10 can give an [...] This post We...
  9. something unexpected happened and we can't access this file at the moment

something unexpected happened and we can't access this file at the moment: This message appears when I try to share as a video in the photo app. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-photos/something-unexpected-happened-and-we-cant-access/bf6d21e9-034b-44fa-8b99-94bde7eedf58
  10. we can't connect to Microsoft family at the moment

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    we can't connect to Microsoft family at the moment: is anyone seeing this message in red text about not being able to connect to family at the moment in settings. For past few days I am seeing this come up on occasion, it often goes away after a short while and is pretty infrequent but I reckon I have seen it about 5 or 6...