Windows 10: "We can't create a recovery drive on this PC. Some required files are missing." error message

Discus and support "We can't create a recovery drive on this PC. Some required files are missing." error message in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I have tried several different 64GB flash drives formatted to NTFS but cannot create a recovery drive in Windows 10. I get the error message... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by atomich, Mar 9, 2021.

1. atomich Win User

"We can't create a recovery drive on this PC. Some required files are missing." error message

Hello,

I have tried several different 64GB flash drives formatted to NTFS but cannot create a recovery drive in Windows 10. I get the error message in the title. There is currently 54.7GB in use on C: at this time, so I would like to get a good recovery image to get me back to this point if something bad happens.

My C: partition with Windows 10 was restored using Acronis True Image running from a bootable CD. Acronis True Image is not installed on the computer. I also restored the MBR and Track 0 at the same time.

If someone could make some suggestions on a solution, I would appreciate it.

:)

atomich, Mar 9, 2021

2. Windows 10 Recovery drive error - Can't create a recovery drive on this PC

Hi Andy,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

• Do you have enough space in your external drive or disk?
    • Did you make any changes to the computer prior to this issue?
    • Have you created a recovery media previously on the computer?
    As per the issue description, it seems like you are unable to create a system image recovery driver using a USB drive on the computer as it prompts an error message “We cannot create a recovery drive on this PC. Some required files are missing.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and try to create a recovery drive and check if it helps.

• From the taskbar, search for Create a recovery drive and then select it. You might be asked to enter an admin password or confirm your choice.

• When the tool opens, make sure Back up system files to the recovery drive is selected and then select Next.

• Connect a USB drive to your PC, select it, and then select Next > Create. A lot of files need to be copied to the recovery drive, so this might take a while.

• When it’s done, you might see a Delete the recovery partition from your PC link on the final screen. If you want to free up drive space on your PC, select the link and then select Delete. If
      not, select Finish.
    You can also use Windows 10 media creation tool to troubleshoot problems when your PC can't start.

Here is the link:
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/software-download/windows10

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, Mar 9, 2021
  3. GER505 Win User
    Missing files when creating Recovery Drive

I have the same problem. I have updated my computer from Win7 to Win10 and trying to create a Recovery Drive. I have gone through the Control Panel to Create Recovery Drive, but when I attempt to start the process I get the message: 'We can't create a recovery drive on this PC. Some required files are missing.' What files are missing and where can I get them and install them?

GER505, Mar 9, 2021
  4. "We can't create a recovery drive on this PC. Some required files are missing." error message

We can't create a rcovery drive on this PC - Some required files are missing....

I got the following error message when trying to create a recovery drive in win10 . "We can't create a rcovery drive on this PC - Some required files are missing....

The OS was upgraded from win7 pro to win10 in 2015. My question is how do I determine which programs are missing and how to get them.

win10 recovrey drive error message- Original Title

HowardatMA, Mar 9, 2021
Thema:

"We can't create a recovery drive on this PC. Some required files are missing." error message

1. "We can't create a recovery drive on this PC. Some required files are missing." error message - Similar Threads - can't create recovery

2. We can't create a recovery drive when trying to create a NEW recovery drive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    We can't create a recovery drive when trying to create a NEW recovery drive.: When I created my recovery drive the only drive available with the necessary space available was a removable hard drive. I ordered a new flash drive that was big enough and today I tried to create a new recovery drive. App comes up no problem but after checking my system for...
  3. We can't create a recovery drive when trying to create a NEW recovery drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    We can't create a recovery drive when trying to create a NEW recovery drive.: When I created my recovery drive the only drive available with the necessary space available was a removable hard drive. I ordered a new flash drive that was big enough and today I tried to create a new recovery drive. App comes up no problem but after checking my system for...
  4. "We can't create a recovery drive on this PC" error message

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "We can't create a recovery drive on this PC" error message: Hello, I have tried several different 64GB flash drives formatted to NTFS but cannot create a recovery drive in Windows 10. I get the error message in the title. There is currently 54.7GB in use on C: at this time, so I would like to get a good recovery image to get me back...
  5. we can't create a recovery drive on this PC some required files are missing

we can't create a recovery drive on this PC some required files are missing: So this appears to have been a problem for many and naturally mine will always be out of the scope of the answers. I tried this solution from Microsoft Answers on my computer and I get the following result: Using Command prompt as administrator...
  6. Can't create recovery drive on this PC

Can't create recovery drive on this PC: Not sure why this thread has been discontinued. I'm not familiar with the Windows Registry and although there are various other links relating to the issue they get progressively more complex leaving me feeling feel lost. So, on attempting to create a recovery drive on my...
  7. Can't create a recovery drive - files missing

Can't create a recovery drive - files missing: Following security update 1/9/2019, I can not create a recovery drive. The message says files are missing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-create-a-recovery-drive-files-missing/63e548f5-5870-4f0c-a0ea-5d7fd7450f56
  8. Can't create a Windows 10 recovery drive; required files missing...

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't create a Windows 10 recovery drive; required files missing...: When I attempt to create a recovery drive, I receive the message, "We can't create a recovery drive on this PC. Some required files are missing." I found a suggestion to enter the following at an Administrator command prompt: reagentc /disable reagentc /setreimage...
  9. Missing files when creating Recovery Drive

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Missing files when creating Recovery Drive: I'd like to make a recovery drive for my Win 10 PC. But when I click "Create Recovery Drive I get an error message that reads "files are missing." This is an "upgrade" Win 10 system from Win 7 Ult 64bit, not quite 1 month old so I don't see how anything should be missing....
  10. We can't create the recovery drive

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    We can't create the recovery drive: Is there any way past the message "We can't create the recovery drive" when using Create a Recovery Drive? It worked for me, once. But since then I've been unable to recreate this trick. It works if I uncheck "Back up system files to the recovery drive". But since I've...