Windows 10: We can’t create the recovery drive, A problem occurred while creating the recovery drive

Discus and support We can’t create the recovery drive, A problem occurred while creating the recovery drive in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]If when you attempt to create a recovery drive using a USB drive on your Windows 10 computer but receive the error message – We can’t […] This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Aug 14, 2020.

1. WinClub New Member

We can’t create the recovery drive, A problem occurred while creating the recovery drive

WinClub, Aug 14, 2020

2. creating a recovery drive!

Hi Michelle,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. I will assist you with this.

To better understand the issue please let us know

• What exactly happens when you try to create a Recovery drive ?
    • Do you receive any error message ?
    I suggest you to try the steps below and see if It helps to resolve the issue.

Creating a recovery drive

A recovery drive can help you troubleshoot and fix problems with your PC, even if it won't start. To create one, all you need is a USB drive.

• From the taskbar, search for Create a recovery drive then select it. You might be asked to enter an admin password or confirm your choice.
    • When the tool opens, make sure Back up system files to the recovery drive is selected, then select
      Next.
    • Connect a USB drive to your PC, select it, then select Next > Create. A lot of files need to be copied to the recovery drive, so this might take a while.
    • When it's finished, you might see a Delete the recovery partition from your PC link on the final screen. If you want to free up drive space on your PC, select the link, then select
      Delete. If not, select Finish.

Hope the above information helps. Reply with necessary information and the result to help you further. Thank you.

Deepak_Krishnan R, Aug 14, 2020
  3. Create a Recovery Drive

Hi Élise,

To aid you with you query, we suggest that you check this
    link
    and follow the steps to create a recovery drive on Windows 10.

Let us know how it goes.

Justin Emb, Aug 14, 2020
  4. Sayak Pal Win User

We can’t create the recovery drive, A problem occurred while creating the recovery drive

Problem to create recovery drive

I brought a new laptop with pre installed windows 10. When I proceed to create a 'Recovery Drive', it shows “We can’t create the recovery drive. A problem occurred while creating the recovery drive”.

So I tried to Locate Recovery Image Location and Enable Windows RE by using reagent /info command in command prompt. But I get the following error messages

"REAGENTC.EXE: operation failed : 5"

"REAGENTC.EXE: an error has occurred"Please help me how to create a recovery drive.

Sayak Pal, Aug 14, 2020
Thema:

1. We can’t create the recovery drive, A problem occurred while creating the recovery drive - Similar Threads - can’t create recovery

2. We can't create a recovery drive when trying to create a NEW recovery drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    We can't create a recovery drive when trying to create a NEW recovery drive.: When I created my recovery drive the only drive available with the necessary space available was a removable hard drive. I ordered a new flash drive that was big enough and today I tried to create a new recovery drive. App comes up no problem but after checking my system for...
  3. "Can't create a recovery drive - There has been a problem while creating the recovery drive"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Can't create a recovery drive - There has been a problem while creating the recovery drive": The pic says "Can't create a recovery drive - There has been a problem while creating the recovery drive", in italian :'It's important to notice that I get this message as soon as I click on "next" in the first window of the "Create a recovery drive" program, meaning that I...
  4. "Can't create a recovery drive - There has been a problem while creating the recovery drive"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Can't create a recovery drive - There has been a problem while creating the recovery drive": The pic says "Can't create a recovery drive - There has been a problem while creating the recovery drive", in italian :'It's important to notice that I get this message as soon as I click on "next" in the first window of the "Create a recovery drive" program, meaning that I...
  5. "Can't create a recovery drive - There has been a problem while creating the recovery drive"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. A problem occurred when creating the recovery drive.

A problem occurred when creating the recovery drive.: I am trying to install Windows onto a new SSD that I bought. I keep getting this same message when I try to create a recovery drive. It gets through everything fine and even starts downloading the files for the recovery drive on the usb drive. However, it stops about 1/4 of...
  7. A Problem occurred while creating the recovery drive

A Problem occurred while creating the recovery drive: I am unable to create recovery drive recently. Below are the details: Windows 10 Pen drive used: 64 GB Antivirus uninstallation also did not help System file check is normal. - What can be the reason ?...
  8. a problem occurred while creating the recovery drive

a problem occurred while creating the recovery drive: So apparently I keep getting this message "there was a problem creating the recovery drive" only whenever "back up system files" is checked.. without it checked everything is fine. I went through the sfc scan, and the other scan that most people use, and factory resetted my...
  9. Problems creating a recovery drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problems creating a recovery drive: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Andrewmorris197 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f4e7y9/problems_creating_a_recovery_drive/
  10. We can't create the recovery drive

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    We can't create the recovery drive: Is there any way past the message "We can't create the recovery drive" when using Create a Recovery Drive? It worked for me, once. But since then I've been unable to recreate this trick. It works if I uncheck "Back up system files to the recovery drive". But since I've...