Windows 10: We can't install some updates because other updates are in progress. We will try installing...

Discus and support We can't install some updates because other updates are in progress. We will try installing... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Ok, this is more of a suggestion to Microsoft to seriously think about implementing for Windows Update. I have 2 updates downloading as I write this,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by bryangee733, Nov 7, 2020.

1. We can't install some updates because other updates are in progress. We will try installing...

Ok, this is more of a suggestion to Microsoft to seriously think about implementing for Windows Update.

I have 2 updates downloading as I write this,

Windows 10 Insider Preview 20251.1 fe_release, which is currently downloading and stands at 2% downloaded.

Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus - KB2267602 Version 1.327.510.0, this states the following,

We can't install some updates because other updates are in progress. We will try installing later

This appeared BEFORE the Insier preview had even started to be downloaded.

My request Microsoft, can we PLEASE have some indication as to exactly what updates are being installed at the time that prevents these other updates from being installed, instead of just some lame notification that somethings installing, but we're not going to tell you exactly what that particular update is.

The old windows 7 actually listed ALL updates that were being installed, can't we go back to that kind of information please????

:)

bryangee733, Nov 7, 2020
  2. jds21 Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I just did step one and they have just all installed.... thank you so much.... it was quite frustrating having that update window pop up every 5 minutes and failing to instal every time

Thanks mate

jds21, Nov 7, 2020
  3. Latest win10 Update 1803 cant install?

I am having a issue with this update,. I fallow the steps via windows update, DL the update, shows install. ask me to reboot pc. after reboot its start the update install pc reboot several times. On the last time, I get a message saying" Restoring windows to previous version". Then it takes me back to windows, and i get a message update could not be installed.
    In windows update-control panel it shows update waiting for reboot. i click on it and does same thing. after install it restore to previous version. what is going on?
    I have disable windows firewall for time being.
    specs
    Z97 Pro gamer MB 4790k @4.7 DDR3 2400 RAM Win10 x64 M.2 and SSD.

atanas dimitrov, Nov 7, 2020
  4. niko084 Win User

We can't install some updates because other updates are in progress. We will try installing...

Insurgency wont install and run for me....

I have played and have fully updated CS and Half life 2....
    I am using the newest client and installed the SDK.

I am completely blown away, if i click the desktop icon it starts the sdk and then closes, and it doesn't show up in my game list...

First mod attempt install here, followed the directions step by step on the mods website...

Any ideas?

niko084, Nov 7, 2020
Thema:

We can't install some updates because other updates are in progress. We will try installing...

1. We can't install some updates because other updates are in progress. We will try installing... - Similar Threads - can't install updates

2. windows 11 update error "We can't install some updates because other updates are in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 update error "We can't install some updates because other updates are in...: i just wiped my computer to resolve an issue and some of the windows update drivers wont install but have the error "We can't install some updates because other updates are in progress. We will try installing later." its been like that for 4 hours and ive restarted it 3-5...
  3. windows 11 update error "We can't install some updates because other updates are in...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 11 update error "We can't install some updates because other updates are in...: i just wiped my computer to resolve an issue and some of the windows update drivers wont install but have the error "We can't install some updates because other updates are in progress. We will try installing later." its been like that for 4 hours and ive restarted it 3-5...
  4. There were some problems installing the updates, but we will try again later. I can't...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    There were some problems installing the updates, but we will try again later. I can't...: I cannot install the Windows update, I cannot fix any problems due to an error 0x8007012Fdone DISM.exe / Online / Cleanup-Image / RestoreHealth / Source: C: \ RepairSource \ Windows / LimitAccessIt also ran sfc / scannow, and the result is: Windows Resource Protection found...
  5. Windows Insider Preview: Update Error "We couldn’t install updates because there’s a...

Windows Insider Preview: Update Error "We couldn’t install updates because there’s a...: Hello, I'm using Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview, OS Build 19613.1005. I'm looking forward to leave the insider preview having problems because of it all the time for about half a year now. Today finally a new update came out and I want to install it and leave the insider...
  6. Windows Update Error - "We could not complete the install because an update service was...

Windows Update Error - "We could not complete the install because an update service was...: Whenever I try to check for updates I get the error mentioned in the title. I have no idea what's going on. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-error-we-could-not-complete-the/6c84830d-a246-41a5-b062-238283d3a1af
  7. How To Fix: We can't install some updates because other updates are in progress. Restarting...

How To Fix: We can't install some updates because other updates are in progress. Restarting...: I tried to update my Windows 10 but suddenly it came out We can't install some updates because other updates are in progress. Restarting your computer may help, and we'll keep trying to update. how to fix it? stafaband I've tried other tutorials on Google but it doesn't...
  8. We couldn’t install some updates because the PC was turned off

in Windows 10 News
    We couldn’t install some updates because the PC was turned off: [ATTACH] If Windows 10 Updates throws out this error We couldn’t install some updates because the PC was turned off, then here is what you need to do to get out of this mess. These updates usually happen for some basic [...] This post We couldn’t install some updates because...
  9. We couldn't install some updates because the PC was turned off.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    We couldn't install some updates because the PC was turned off.: Hey, i can't remember but it may have been interrupted or not... So now I'm stuck. I've googled this issue and tried this guide: We Couldnt Install some updates because the PC was Turned off Windows 10 No luck. Any ideas? Do you need my cBS log? CBS.zip 110614
  10. We can't install some updates because other updates are in progress

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    We can't install some updates because other updates are in progress: Hi all I've been having this error in Windows Update running the last slow ring build 14986. https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-l...6_06-12-29.png I tried all the workarounds in [FIX] We Can't Install Some Updates Because Other Updates Are In Progress to no avail....