Windows 10: "We can't open this file" message in File Explorer

Discus and support "We can't open this file" message in File Explorer in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This morning I attempted to view a few jpg's in File Explorer and found it generated this message: "We can't open this file"... I can't open any image... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Kensho, Nov 3, 2018.

1. Kensho Win User

"We can't open this file" message in File Explorer

This morning I attempted to view a few jpg's in File Explorer and found it generated this message: "We can't open this file"... I can't open any image any longer... It worked beautifully last night... I want to be able to continue to use File Explorer... I searched the net for a fix and found nothing... Can someone here please help me?

:)

Kensho, Nov 3, 2018
  2. Ketxxx Win User

opening .dds files with gimp

Simply, HOW? I got the DDS plugin but the POS wont open DDS files still. Can someone give me a step-by-step rundown of how to install the DDS plugin for gimp so I know if I'm missing something?

Ketxxx, Nov 3, 2018
  3. File Explorer opens but does not function

I have all the current Windows 10 Home 64-bit updates. File Explorer opens with its main screen but no files are listed in the main file listing window. Instead the message 'working on it' appears t the top of the Window and the spinning blue disc spins
    away. None of the third party File managers are affected. File Explorer has become a waste of disc space. Any ideas?

AndrewMcLean2, Nov 3, 2018
  4. jaydeee Win User

PowerPoint file crashes PowerPoint upon opening

since this happens in some of the computers only, suggest that you open the file on working computer and copy everything and paste to a new powerpoint file.
    most of the time it works to me. *Smile "We can't open this file" message in File Explorer :)

jaydeee, Nov 3, 2018
Thema:

1. "We can't open this file" message in File Explorer - Similar Threads - can't open file

2. Can't open File Explorer folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't open File Explorer folders: Since 4 days I am unable to open File Explorer folders in my laptop , it is showing "Not Responding message", so what might be the issue , please resolve it. I contacted you two times, but no solution....
  3. Can't open File Explorer folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't open File Explorer folders: Since 4 days I am unable to open File Explorer folders in my laptop , it is showing "Not Responding message", so what might be the issue , please resolve it. I contacted you two times, but no solution....
  4. Can't open the file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't open the file explorer: Anything related to file explorer doesn't work. For an example I can't save any files through Chrome or VS Code. When I try to save it automatically shuts down the program. When I click the "My PC" or File Explorer the screen goes black and comes again. But it works normal in...
  5. Can't open the file explorer

Can't open the file explorer: Anything related to file explorer doesn't work. For an example I can't save any files through Chrome or VS Code. When I try to save it automatically shuts down the program. When I click the "My PC" or File Explorer the screen goes black and comes again. But it works normal in...
  6. Can't open the file explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Can't open pictures from file explorer on Desktop - "We can't open this file"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't open pictures from file explorer on Desktop - "We can't open this file": [ATTACH] Hi, I've had this issue for a few months now which I think happened from a certain Windows 10 update but every time I try to open a picture on my desktop using file explorer I get this error:...
  8. HEIC We can't open this file.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    HEIC We can't open this file.: To get the HEIF Image Extensions I went to https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/heif-image-extensions/9pmmsr1cgpwg?activetab=pivot:overviewtab > Get. Afterwards it said "This Product is Installed". When I clicked on an HEIC file it launched Photos, but gave the message,...
  9. Can't open file explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't open file explorer: I have tried all methods on the Microsoft site but they did not work, are there any other methods? submitted by /u/That_British_Kid1509 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e0zvwt/cant_open_file_explorer/
  10. Microsoft Photo : We can't open this file

Microsoft Photo : We can't open this file: Hello, I am hoping that someone might have experienced this issue and have a resolve for it. In Windows 10 I use the Microsoft photos to view and edit pictures, today I got this message " We can't open this file" it is jpg file …I've been using it for a couple of years now...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. keep getting We cant open this file message