Windows 10: "We can’t reactivate Windows from these devices."

Discus and support "We can’t reactivate Windows from these devices." in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have a legitimate windows 7 home premium key and I have just changed my pc hardware motherboard, cpu, ram. No troubleshooting, no bots from microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by fjtfgyknobodycaresliguu, Mar 19, 2020.

1. "We can’t reactivate Windows from these devices."

I have a legitimate windows 7 home premium key and I have just changed my pc hardware motherboard, cpu, ram. No troubleshooting, no bots from microsoft and no microsoft's article have helped me with the issue. I go to activation -> change the product key -> it doesn't work issue 0x803f7001 try troubleshooting -> troubleshooting says "We can’t reactivate Windows from these devices." -> sends me to microsoft site -> microsoft says to change the product key and if the issue 0x803f7001 comes again go troubleshooting. I don't need infinite repeatable cycle I need my windows to be activated, I'm trying to activate windows 10 home btw, it worked before many times. There was also something about connected devices to my microsoft account and the bot told me to delete the old computer if I'm not using it anymore and so I did. Next on I get a message that there are no devices with activated windows on it so it's just blank. ALL I WANTED WAS TO CHANGE THE BACKGROUND PROPERTIES

Guess cracked windows will work better than the legit one.

bot - this virtual agent thingy

:)

fjtfgyknobodycaresliguu, Mar 19, 2020
  2. Boyfriend Win User

Does Windows 7 require reactivation if...

He is using AMD already. He wants downgrading to AM3. Don't know why??

If you change HDD + RAM simultaneously, Windows 7 needs to be reactivated. Only HDD cloning shouldn't require reactivation. As you are changing mobo + HDD (prehaps RAM upgrade too), you will surely require reactivation. If you have genuine license, you should reinstall OS (you might use Windows Easy Transfer). If you don't want to reinstall, you need to uninstall HDD, interfaces/system devices, and numerous other drivers (USB, HID, Portable devices, etc.), else your OS will be unstable.
    I will highly recommend to reinstall Windows 7 and enjoy your migration.

A simple trick might be like this to avoid reactivation:
    1. Clone your HDD first and boot into Windows
    2. Use it for at least one week
    3. Replace mobo only without any other hardware change/upgrade and boot
    4. Use it for at least one week
    5. Do any other upgrade (RAM, Graphic card etc.)

Don't do two simultaneous downgrades/upgrades to avoid reactivation.

Boyfriend, Mar 19, 2020
  3. kg4icg Win User
    Does Windows 7 require reactivation if...

Then why does it say fs/ft i7-920 in his tag and he wants to downgrade to am3 system? to go from a am2/2+ to am3 isn't a downgrade last time I checked

kg4icg, Mar 19, 2020
  4. "We can’t reactivate Windows from these devices."

Device Manager Un-Hiding Hidden Devices

When you connect a plug and play device, Windows Plug and Play manager detects it, finds and installs the driver. Device Manager lists the device with a solid icon.

The driver is only removed when you uninstall the device, not simply by disconnecting the device. When the device is disconnected, its driver is still installed. By default, Device Manager only displays connected devices. When you show hidden devices, note the Bluetooth icon you see is semi-transparent (not opaque). That indicates a "non-present" device. Sometimes also called a "ghost" device. The driver is still installed but the device is not currently detected (i.e. not connected).

Device can be disconnected when
    • Device unplugged (e.g. removing a USB device)
    • Turning a device OFF
    • Disabling the device in BIOS (then windows won't detect it) or
    • Device failure

So
    • Check BIOS as suggested
    • Check board connections
    • Can b/t be turned off by a switch? or keyboard combination?
    Also possible the b/t h/w failed

ComputerGeek, Mar 19, 2020
Thema:

"We can’t reactivate Windows from these devices."

1. "We can’t reactivate Windows from these devices." - Similar Threads - can’t reactivate devices

2. "We can't reactivate Windows from these devices"

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    "We can't reactivate Windows from these devices": I have completely changed hardware new motherboard, new processor, etc. Formatted the SSD where Windows was installed and installed it fresh.Now I cannot install it. I am logged in with the same MS account that was in the previous one, but when I launch the trouble shooter...
  3. "We can't reactivate Windows from these devices"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "We can't reactivate Windows from these devices": I have completely changed hardware new motherboard, new processor, etc. Formatted the SSD where Windows was installed and installed it fresh.Now I cannot install it. I am logged in with the same MS account that was in the previous one, but when I launch the trouble shooter...
  4. "We can't reactivate Windows from these devices"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. We can’t reactivate Windows on this device. Try again later.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    We can’t reactivate Windows on this device. Try again later.: I just upgraded my Windows 11 Pro computer's motherboard and graphics card. The hard drives are the same, as well as the chassis and rest of the equipment. When I try to re-activate my retail licence Order 6340678291 I get the subject line error. I've run the troubleshooter,...
  6. We can’t reactivate Windows on this device. Try again later.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    We can’t reactivate Windows on this device. Try again later.: I just upgraded my Windows 11 Pro computer's motherboard and graphics card. The hard drives are the same, as well as the chassis and rest of the equipment. When I try to re-activate my retail licence Order 6340678291 I get the subject line error. I've run the troubleshooter,...
  7. Unable to activate Windows We can’t reactivate Windows on this device. Try again later.

Unable to activate Windows We can’t reactivate Windows on this device. Try again later.: [ATTACH] Each time I pick my PC from the List it is showing me this. I have a Digital copy of windows as I updated it from Windows 8.1 and I'm worried now that my license is revoked or something. What should I do? I do not have lose £220, and I'm not happy to ditch Windows...
  8. Reactivating Windows 10 Pro N after a hardware change. "We can’t reactivate Windows on this...

Reactivating Windows 10 Pro N after a hardware change. "We can’t reactivate Windows on this...: Recently changed my motherboard, CPU and RAM and reinstalled windows onto my ssd. After doing so I couldn't activate windows using the troubleshooter and selecting "I recently changed hardware on this device". I contacted support but they said I needed my window 7 license key...
  9. We can’t reactivate Windows on this device. Try again later. (No Error Code)

We can’t reactivate Windows on this device. Try again later. (No Error Code): I recently made a big hardware change. Before I do so I linked my microsoft account with my digital license on the old build. Now in my new PC I went to Activation settings and clicked troubleshoot, then clicked "I changed hardware on this device recently." afterwards It...
  10. We can’t activate Windows on this device as we can’t connect to your organizations server

in Windows 10 News
    We can’t activate Windows on this device as we can’t connect to your organizations server: [ATTACH] Windows Activation errors are one of most common error users face post upgrade, or even switching to a new Windows 10 PC. This is of course problem from Windows Activation server which either fails to validate or recognize the license [...] This post We can’t...