Windows 10: We can't set your default save location, Error code 0x80070032

Discus and support We can't set your default save location, Error code 0x80070032 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I'm trying to install app from Microsoft App, but my C drive is running out of space, and I read we have to set the default save location... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by TonyLee976, Jun 13, 2020.

1. We can't set your default save location, Error code 0x80070032

Hello,

I'm trying to install app from Microsoft App, but my C drive is running out of space, and I read we have to set the default save location through setting, but I get error code 0x80070032 when I try to change it.

Any help?

Thanks

:)

TonyLee976, Jun 13, 2020
  2. Argel Obm Win User

Error code 0x80070032

Hi Lisa,

We would like to clarify some information first for us to better understand your computer's performance issue. Kindly answer these questions:

• Where exactly are you seeing the 0x80070032 error code? Are you seeing it when you enter your password? We highly recommend posting a picture of the error here for us to further investigate the concern.
    • Can you please tell us what you mean by "I have updated the fix"? What is the specific troubleshooting steps you've performed?
    • What was the update that you're installing before encountering the issue? Were you able to install the update now?

Argel Obm, Jun 13, 2020
  3. Default location to save documenets

Hi Frank,

Sorry for the delayed response.

From your recent description, it seems like the issue is confined to Word documents. If true, then follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Launch Word application.
    • Go to File Menu and select Options.
    • In the pop-up dialog box, towards the left pane, select Save.
    • Under Default location file, browse the location you want to save.
    • Check if the issue persists.

Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Jun 13, 2020
  4. We can't set your default save location, Error code 0x80070032

Error code 0x80070032

Error code 0x80070032

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows settings

John D_261, Jun 13, 2020
Thema:

We can't set your default save location, Error code 0x80070032

1. We can't set your default save location, Error code 0x80070032 - Similar Threads - can't set default

2. We couldnt set your default save location

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    We couldnt set your default save location: I tried every way that is on internet.Changing permissions some scans in command prompt, I even reinstalled windows and I cant change save location please help me...
  3. We couldnt set your default save location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    We couldnt set your default save location: I tried every way that is on internet.Changing permissions some scans in command prompt, I even reinstalled windows and I cant change save location please help me...
  4. We couldn't set your default save location error code 0x80070005

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    We couldn't set your default save location error code 0x80070005: I have 3 drives: C: (system) D: (for games, apps etc.) E:(Just an extra disk for anything) I need to change my default save location to drive D: in order to install games from Xbox app, it works from C: to E:, from E: to C: but never to D: (D: is the only drive that has...
  5. We couldn't set your default save location.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    We couldn't set your default save location.: So I wanted to download Forza Horizon 4 Deluxe edition on a windows 10. But the game is more than 70 GB and I don't have space on my Drive C. When I tried to change the download location to Drive D I got this error:[ATTACH] What should I do? A little help would be really...
  6. We couldn't set your default save location.

We couldn't set your default save location.: [ATTACH] I'm able to set a new install location up for every other drive on my computer, except for this one, (E:). I've already used the security tab to give myself full control of both this drive, the WindowsApps folder and the packages folder. Why does the Xbox app...
  7. Error: We couldn't set your default save location.

Error: We couldn't set your default save location.: "The operation did not complete successfully. Try again in a bit. Error code is 0x80070005 in case you need it." So, installed xbox gamepass on my PC, and I have 2 drives. C is my SSD, where I have Windows 10 installed, and D is my storage drive, where I keep basically...
  8. "We couldn't set your default save location."

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "We couldn't set your default save location.": Hello, I have recently just installed Windows 10 Pro and the first thing I did was to install all the updates. Then, when I tried to install something on Microsoft store, it doesn't let me install it on my other drive D:. I realized it might help to solve it just by changing...
  9. We couldn't set your default save location

in Windows 10 Support
    We couldn't set your default save location: I have a ssd (C)drive with my os & a hdd (D)drive for storage. In settings-system-storage-change where new content is saved I was able to change everything I wanted to my (D)drive with the exception of new photos & videos I keep getting an error code 0x80070005 saying this...
  10. We couldn't set your default save location

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    We couldn't set your default save location: I have a ssd (C)drive with my os & a hdd (D)drive for storage. In settings-system-storage-change where new content is saved I was able to change everything I wanted to my (D)drive with the exception of new photos & videos I keep getting an error code 0x80070005 saying this...
Tags: