Windows 10: "We can't sign into your account" Corrupted User Profile

Discus and support "We can't sign into your account" Corrupted User Profile in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Computer locked me out of my main user profile account on Monday after it would no longer accept my password and I clicked on the forgot password link.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by kariley114, May 15, 2019.

1. "We can't sign into your account" Corrupted User Profile

Computer locked me out of my main user profile account on Monday after it would no longer accept my password and I clicked on the forgot password link. For some strange reason, that resulted in the creation of a a temporary profile. I can no longer sign in with my main user account profiles- it will only log into the temporary profile and an emergency administrator account.

My main profile account does not show up at all on the logon screen. The main profile account shows up in c:\users directory and seems to still have all my documents, photos, etc. But I can not access it from the logon screen

I have tried several "fixes" listed online, but none are fixing my issue.

Here's a recap of what I have tried thus far:

logging in as an administrator, going into the registry and trying to fix the profile list via HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList and renaming values

e.g. Rename the value from "C:\Users\John.HP" to "C:\Users\John" and clicking OK.

Then from the "C:\Users\%AccountName.ComputerName%" folder (e.g. from "C:\Users\John.HP") copy and paste the following four (4) files to the "C:\Users\%AccountName%" folder (e.g. to "C:\Users\John"): *

NTUSER.DAT
    NTUSER.DAT.LOG1 & NTUSER.DAT.LOG2
    NTUSER.INI
    * Note: Replace the files in the destination.

THIS DID NOT WORK FOR ME - Still comes up as Temporary Account

I have also created 2 local accounts with administrator privileges and tried to copy all the files- except the NTUSER items-from the main profile account into one of the local accounts

THAT DID NOT WORK EITHER.

HELP!

:)

kariley114, May 15, 2019

2. Win 10: Creating a member (child) profile getting error that "The User Profile Service failed the sign in" User Profile can not be loaded

Hi Simonalee,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

From the description, it appears that you are not able to sign in to user account. This issue appears if the user profile is corrupted.

I suggest you to remove the account and then try to create new user profile.

To do so:

1) Type settings in the search box and then click on Settings app.

2) Click on Accounts and then select Family and other users.

3) In the right pane, try to add the family member and check if it helps.

If the issue still persists, Check to see if it works by converting the Microsoft Account to Local and then back to Microsoft Account. Here`s how:

• Go to Settings from the Start Menu.
    • Click Accounts. Under Your Account, click Sign in with a Local Account instead.
    • Follow the instructions. Sign Out and Sign in.
    • Then convert back to Microsoft Account.
    To connect back to the Microsoft Account, you will perform similar steps:

• Go to Settings from the Start Menu.
    • Click Accounts. Under Your Account, click Sign in with a Microsoft Account instead.
    • Follow the instructions. Sign Out and Sign in.
    • Your account should now be connected again.
    Let us know if this helped.

Anil Madishetty, May 15, 2019
  3. Jonas Flo Win User
    Corrupted User Profile

Hi,

There maybe a couple of reasons behind this misbehavior such as a corrupted system file. However, we would like to be able to verify which process exactly is corrupted.

• When you install, does it give you any form of error message when it fails?
    • What other processes doesn't go through on the said User account?

As per troubleshooting, you may refer to
    Likhitha V
    's response on this thread. See if it applies to you. However,
    just to give you a heads up. The steps are about creating a new user profile and deleting the current one. I suggest you back up your files so you may be able to transfer it. You can also find information about it on the same thread.

We'll be waiting for your response. If you have any other concerns, don't hesitate to come back to us.

Jonas Flo, May 15, 2019
  4. Tryx3 Win User

"We can't sign into your account" Corrupted User Profile

User Account profile is corrupted

MAB,

Good. You can use that to create the new account and copy across the existing files into the new account -

1 You can create a new user with a local user account on the computer without them having a Microsoft account.

You do this through

• Start button,
    • Settings,
    • Accounts,
    • Family & other users,
    • [Other users section],
    • Add someone else to this PC,
    • I don't have this person's sign-in information,
    • Add a user without a Microsoft account.
    • Then you just enter a username, password [which you should write down straightaway] & password hint,
    • Now look back at the list in Family & other users, [Other users section],
    • Click on the entry for the new account,
    • Click on the Change account type button that appears,
    • Select Admin.

2 Then log in to the new account to test that it is alright [you are really just testing that you wrote the password down correctly as there is no reason to suppose that anything else could be wrong].

3 You could then make a Password reset disk through Control panel,
    User accounts but it is just as easy to write the password down somewhere secure.

4 Then you can create a new Standard account for your day-to-day use unless like me you use and Admin account for that - in which case create an additional Admin account now so that you have a backup in case your routine accounts get corrupted.

5 Then, whilst signed in to an Admin account, copy all the documents, music etc from C:\Users\OldUserName\Documents etc to C:\Users\NewUserName\Documents etc.

6 Your Windows settings in the new account will be at default values. I do not suggest that you try to copy them over into the new account because you already know that the old account had glitches somewhere and you don't want to copy across any settings
    that are potentially already corrupt. I tried to do this in Windows 7 [various procedures were suggested] but I always had umpteen errors so I stopped trying. You could search the forum for this topic but I have not seen anything that I think would help
    you and, as I said, I think it might not be advisable.

Denis

Tryx3, May 15, 2019
Thema:

"We can't sign into your account" Corrupted User Profile

1. "We can't sign into your account" Corrupted User Profile - Similar Threads - can't sign account

2. We can't sign in to your account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    We can't sign in to your account: After 2 windows updates KB5036892 and KB5037036 were installed last night, 4-9-2024, automatically, I get the "We can't sign in to your account" message when booting up the computer. I have tried numerous times rebooting, resigning in, and nothing changes.I have tried turning...
  3. We can't sign in to your account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    We can't sign in to your account: After 2 windows updates KB5036892 and KB5037036 were installed last night, 4-9-2024, automatically, I get the "We can't sign in to your account" message when booting up the computer. I have tried numerous times rebooting, resigning in, and nothing changes.I have tried turning...
  4. We can't sign in to your account

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. "We can't sign in to your account"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "We can't sign in to your account": The power blinked off while Windows Defender was running a full scan. McAfee is also installed. When computer turned on again the message appeared. I'm wondering if my files are okay and how to fix this problem.If I have to boot in safe mode, can I boot out of safe mode...
  6. "We can't sign in to your account"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "We can't sign in to your account": The power blinked off while Windows Defender was running a full scan. McAfee is also installed. When computer turned on again the message appeared. I'm wondering if my files are okay and how to fix this problem.If I have to boot in safe mode, can I boot out of safe mode...
  7. We Can't Sign In To Your Account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    We Can't Sign In To Your Account: I am using Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview Evaluation Copy Build 20226.rs_prerelease.200925-1415 I rebooted this morning and now I get the error: We can't sign in to your account This problem can often be fixed by signing out of your account and then signing back in If...
  8. we can't sign in to your account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    we can't sign in to your account: should I delete the latest update? Worked OK before. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/we-cant-sign-in-to-your-account/aced66a1-4310-4e32-9cc9-5b8ec4a5b787
  9. We can't sign in to your account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    We can't sign in to your account: We can't sign in to your account. This keeps poping up on sign in and will not sign into my account. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/we-cant-sign-in-to-your-account/66e7b505-383f-4ef6-a78a-ce3cfd9f83dd
  10. We can't sign into your account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    We can't sign into your account: We can't sign into your account. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/we-cant-sign-into-your-account/04097ddc-63ad-413e-a978-d132fd4bac02

Users found this page by searching for:

1. delete profile we cant sign into your account