Windows 10: “We can’t sign you in to your account” error message keeps popping up

Discus and support “We can’t sign you in to your account” error message keeps popping up in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So this morning when I started my PC this weird bug happened which whenever I clicked on the login screen it went black and then went back and it kept... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ImGunnaPissYouOff, Mar 22, 2021.

1. “We can’t sign you in to your account” error message keeps popping up

So this morning when I started my PC this weird bug happened which whenever I clicked on the login screen it went black and then went back and it kept doing it. So I clicked and it went black and then I held the power button down until my PC shut off. I’m pretty sure this is the reason why this is happening because that black screen thing happened before. How do I fix this?

submitted by /u/ImGunnaPissYouOff
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ImGunnaPissYouOff, Mar 22, 2021

2. "We can't sign in to your account" error message

Hi,

Some group policies may cause difficulties in signing in to your account. This can also happen if two-step verification is enabled on your account. For us to properly isolate your case, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Were there any significant changes made on your device prior to this occurring?
    • Have you tried to replicate the issue by logging in to another Microsoft account?
    • Do you remember turning on the two-step verification feature? If yes, disable or turn it off and check if you will encounter the same error. (See this article: About
      two-step verification
      for a detailed discussion about two-step verification.)

We will be waiting for your reply so we can move forward to rectifying your concern.

Dhavelyn Mer, Mar 22, 2021
  3. Creating or signing in to microsoft account

Hi Gloria,

The error code that your are getting when adding an account is usually caused by the following:

• Your phone has an incorrect date and time set.
    • You do not have a data connection.
    • Your phone is in a "bad state."
    We suggest that you follow the steps on this link to set up your Microsoft
    Account on your device.

Keep us posted for further assistance.

Regards.

Marcel Dio, Mar 22, 2021
  4. LizMaune Win User

“We can’t sign you in to your account” error message keeps popping up

We can't sign into your account" error message

I bought a Microsoft surface book yesterday. Its the i5 version with 128GB SSD. As we were driving home I set up my account for my laptop with an outlook email account. I was using the face recognition to log in. the first time I logged in, it recognized
    me, and logged me in. It unlocked the laptop and I was on the desktop page. an error popped up saying "We can't sign into your account: This problem can often be fixed by signing out of your account and then signing back in. If you don't sign out now, any
    files you create or changes you make will be lost." I signed out and tried a password and it no longer popped up. a few hours later it popped up again and password, face, and pin won't work. I tried resetting my face recognition. I also tried the 2-button
    rested that was suggested by Microsoft. I tried to run the fix tool that was also suggested but after I restart my computer halfway through like it asks but since I'm not logged in, it can't finish.

I have two weeks to return it, but the worker I spoke to suggested the surface book to likely last me the 8 years I need for college. I'm worried that it won't last that long if it can't even last ten minutes.

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

LizMaune, Mar 22, 2021
Thema:

“We can’t sign you in to your account” error message keeps popping up

1. “We can’t sign you in to your account” error message keeps popping up - Similar Threads - “We can’t sign

2. Error Message: "We can't sign in to your account"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error Message: "We can't sign in to your account": https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/we-cant-sign-in-to-your-account-pop-up/de078d57-fb06-4010-8833-c7972457af5bThe link above is the problem I'm having. I've tried everything except the DISM commands and Windows Updates. So far I've tried Dism /Online...
  3. Error Message: "We can't sign in to your account"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error Message: "We can't sign in to your account": https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/we-cant-sign-in-to-your-account-pop-up/de078d57-fb06-4010-8833-c7972457af5bThe link above is the problem I'm having. I've tried everything except the DISM commands and Windows Updates. So far I've tried Dism /Online...
  4. Error Message: "We can't sign in to your account"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Error Message: "We can't sign in to your account"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Error Message: "We can't sign in to your account"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error Message: "We can't sign in to your account": https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/we-cant-sign-in-to-your-account-pop-up/de078d57-fb06-4010-8833-c7972457af5bThe link above is the problem I'm having. I've tried everything except the DISM commands. So far I've tried Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image...
  7. "We can't sign in to your account" error message

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "We can't sign in to your account" error message: It all started with my local repair computer system format on my laptop and when I change c/users/username in Windows 11 to my real name and I restarted, that was when the issue began.I have done it in safe mode and the registry editor:...
  8. "We can't sign in to your account" error message

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "We can't sign in to your account" error message: It all started with my local repair computer system format on my laptop and when I change c/users/username in Windows 11 to my real name and I restarted, that was when the issue began.I have done it in safe mode and the registry editor:...
  9. "We can't sign in to your account" Pop Up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "We can't sign in to your account" Pop Up: Hi everyone!I turned on my computer yesterday to a pop up reading "We can't sign in to your account. This problem can often be fixed by signing out of your account then signing back in. If you don't sign out now, any files you create or changes you make will be lost." The pop...
  10. "We can't sign in to your account" error message

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    "We can't sign in to your account" error message: I get the above error message everytime I try to sign in. It says that i'll be logged in under a temporary profile. I've signed out and back in about 6 times and it always comes back up. I have been able to log into safe mode with my account but as soon as I restart my...