Windows 10: We can't tell if your PC has enough space to continue installing Wind

Discus and support We can't tell if your PC has enough space to continue installing Wind in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello everyone. I am trying to update windows 10 but I am having a lot of troubles with it. I try to install the version 2004. When trying to install... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Moudubou, Sep 3, 2020.

1. Moudubou Win User

We can't tell if your PC has enough space to continue installing Wind

Hello everyone.

I am trying to update windows 10 but I am having a lot of troubles with it. I try to install the version 2004.
    When trying to install through windows update I get this message :

We couldnt install this update, but you can try again (0x80070002)

When looking in the update history I see these errors :

Last failed install attempt on ‎2020-‎08-‎26 - 0x80070002
    Failed to install on ‎2020-‎08-‎02 - 0x80070003

I kept having it do I downloaded the Microsoft Windows 10 Update tool and I get this error now :

We can't tell if your PC has enough space to continue installing Windows 10.

At this point I really don't know what to do as these errors are very confusing.

I also have Ubuntu 18.04 for work installed on a second SSD, I installed it after having installed windows 10. I choose which os to boot by pressing f8 at boot and choosing the right device to boot on.

When running sfc /scannow I got this error :
    Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them.
    For online repairs, details are included in the CBS log file located at
    windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For offline
    repairs, details are included in the log file provided by the /OFFLOGFILE flag.

Do you have any idea what could cause these errors ?

Thanks !

:)

Moudubou, Sep 3, 2020
  2. Moudubou Win User

Hello and thank you for helping me !

Here are my disks :

We can't tell if your PC has enough space to continue installing Wind [​IMG]

It looks like a bit of a mess but it's a computer I use for work and I need all these drives.
    Ubuntu is installed on Disk3.

I have Windows 10 Pro 1909, build number 18363.1016.

The windows update troubleshooter doesn't find any problem.

My antivirus is Windows defender and I only have a mouse and a keyboard plugged on the computer.

You think I should format everything ?

Moudubou, Sep 4, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User

Hi: space: could be an issue with partition layout and not being able to create or increase the size of a partition.

Please post a screenshot of your partition layout using a 3rd party partition manager e.g. Minitool partition wizard thus:

What is your current Windows build?

Bear in mind upgrade failures can be next to impossible to resolve. Some threads run on for days without success. Be prepared for that.

Note that some people have problems after upgrading, and a good number are delaying doing that.

Windows Upgrade logs for you to inspect:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...sion-of-window

Please run the Windows Update troubleshooter and post the result.

When you attempt the upgrade, ensure you have disabled or uninstalled any 3rd party security software, and disconnect any unnecessary peripherals, USB disks etc.

dalchina, Sep 4, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

Hi: space: could be an issue with partition layout and not being able to create or increase the size of a partition.

Please post a screenshot of your partition layout using a 3rd party partition manager e.g. Minitool partition wizard thus:

What is your current Windows build?

Bear in mind upgrade failures can be next to impossible to resolve. Some threads run on for days without success. Be prepared for that.

Note that some people have problems after upgrading, and a good number are delaying doing that.

Windows Upgrade logs for you to inspect:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...sion-of-window

Please run the Windows Update troubleshooter and post the result.

When you attempt the upgrade, ensure you have disabled or uninstalled any 3rd party security software, and disconnect any unnecessary peripherals, USB disks etc.

dalchina, Sep 4, 2020
  5. Moudubou Win User

Hello everyone.

I am trying to update windows 10 but I am having a lot of troubles with it. I try to install the version 2004.

I kept having it do I downloaded the Microsoft Windows 10 Update tool and I get this error now :

At this point I really don't know what to do as these errors are very confusing.

I also have Ubuntu 18.04 for work installed on a second SSD, I installed it after having installed windows 10. I choose which os to boot by pressing f8 at boot and choosing the right device to boot on.

Thanks !

Moudubou, Sep 4, 2020
  6. Moudubou Win User

Hello everyone.

Thanks !

Moudubou, Sep 4, 2020
Thema:

1. We can't tell if your PC has enough space to continue installing Wind - Similar Threads - can't tell has

2. Windows 11 Installation - we can't tell if your pc has enough space to continue installing...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Installation - we can't tell if your pc has enough space to continue installing...: Is there any way to solve this issue ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-installation-we-cant-tell-if-your-pc/6d485a86-30ea-407d-9e3a-cab50b6f81cf
  3. We can't tell if your PC has enough space to continue installing Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    We can't tell if your PC has enough space to continue installing Windows 11: I am having the same error as this while installing windows 11.I have multiple TB of storage available. I have multiple internal HD. Powershell says "Chkdsk cannot run because the volume is in use by anotherprocess." I have tried clean boot. I have cleaned up temp files. PC...
  4. We can't tell if your PC has enough space to continue installing Windows 11

We can't tell if your PC has enough space to continue installing Windows 11: I am having the same error as this while installing windows 11.I have multiple TB of storage available. I have multiple internal HD. Powershell says "Chkdsk cannot run because the volume is in use by anotherprocess." I have tried clean boot. I have cleaned up temp files. PC...
  5. We can't tell if your PC has enough space to continue installing Windows 11

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. We can't tell if your PC has enough space to continue installing Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    We can't tell if your PC has enough space to continue installing Windows 10: Every time I try to update to Windows 10 from update Assistant or the iso this error msg occurs "We can't tell if your PC has enough space to continue installing Windows 10" I tried restating the installation and shows the same error I have 70gb left on the C Drive This is...
  7. We can't tell if your PC has enough space to continue installing Windows 10

We can't tell if your PC has enough space to continue installing Windows 10: Every time I try to update to Windows 10 from update Assistant or the iso this error msg occurs "We can't tell if your PC has enough space to continue installing Windows 10" I tried restating the installation and shows the same error I have 70gb left on the C Drive This is...
  8. We can't tell if your PC has enough space to continue installing Windows 10

9. We can't tell if your PC has enough space to continue installing Wind

We can't tell if your PC has enough space to continue installing Wind: Hello everyone. I am trying to update windows 10 but I am having a lot of troubles with it. I try to install the version 2004. When trying to install through windows update I get this message : We couldnt install this update, but you can try again (0x80070002) When looking...
  10. We can't tell if your PC has enough space to continue installing Windows 10.

We can't tell if your PC has enough space to continue installing Windows 10.: Hello everyone. I am trying to update windows 10 but I am having a lot of troubles with it. I try to install the version 2004. When trying to install through windows update I get this message : We couldnt install this update, but you can try again 0x80070002 When looking...