Windows 10: we could not set your default location error code 0x801f000f

Discus and support we could not set your default location error code 0x801f000f in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am trying to install to my removable drive E and when I click to apply it give me this: wecould not set your default location error code 0x801f000f... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by aaronbuck1, Oct 25, 2020.

1. we could not set your default location error code 0x801f000f

I am trying to install to my removable drive E and when I click to apply it give me this: wecould not set your default location error code 0x801f000f

:)

aaronbuck1, Oct 25, 2020

2. Windows store - we couldn't set your default save location. error code 0x801f000f

Hi Darren,

There are options that you can try to set your default save location for your
    Windows Store games
    . We suggest that you create a new folder and name it Test inside your local disk F/: and have your
    Windows Store default save location set to that folder.

We also suggest
    creating a new local user account
    named Test on your PC and check if you will encounter the same issue on a different user profile. Should you have further questions, feel free to post them on this thread.

Jefferson Ore, Oct 25, 2020
  3. Joan Pin Win User
    Windows store - we couldn't set your default save location. error code 0x801f000f

To further troubleshoot your concern, we recommend that you rebuild Microsoft Store. To do that, you may refer to these steps:

• Type Windows PowerShell on the search bar.
    • Right-click on it and choose Run as Administrator.
    • In the PowerShell prompt, type the following command and press Enter
      key.
      • Get-Appxpackage –Allusers
    • Scroll down and locate Windows Store entry, and then copy the package name of Windows Store.
    • Use Ctrl + C keys to copy the PackageFullName.
      You won’t be able to right-click and copy.
    • Type the following command:
      • Add-AppxPackage -register “C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\<PackageFullName>” –DisableDevelopmentMode
    • In the above command, replace PackageFullName with the package name of the Windows Store or any other app that you copied in Step 3 and replace “C” with the drive letter of the driver where Windows 10 is installed.

Let us know how it goes.

Joan Pin, Oct 25, 2020
  4. Darren78 Win User

we could not set your default location error code 0x801f000f

Windows store - we couldn't set your default save location. error code 0x801f000f

Basically I had my windows store games installed on my F drive which is a raid 10 setup.

I wanted to wipe the drive to try out ReFS, but since doing so, I can no longer choose this drive to store apps to. when I try to set the location I get the 0x801f000f error message. (I didn't uninstall the apps first, which I probably should have done)

I've tried all the usual fixes but none have worked

wsreset shows a problem with the cache, but this folder is empty and recreating it hasn't fixed. I've deleted the sid key in appx and reregistered store apps... nothing I've found has worked

is there an issue storing apps on a ReFS formatted drive? Or is it something else? I haven't tried changing the drive letter, but I have other programs installed to this drive, so would like to avoid it if I can.

any help would be appreciated. thanks

I've been able to install Forza Horizon and other apps to a different drive, so I don't have a problem downloading or installing, except on this drive.

Darren78, Oct 25, 2020
Thema:

we could not set your default location error code 0x801f000f

1. we could not set your default location error code 0x801f000f - Similar Threads - set default location

2. We couldn't set your default save location error code 0x80070005

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    We couldn't set your default save location error code 0x80070005: I have 3 drives: C: (system) D: (for games, apps etc.) E:(Just an extra disk for anything) I need to change my default save location to drive D: in order to install games from Xbox app, it works from C: to E:, from E: to C: but never to D: (D: is the only drive that has...
  3. We couldn't set your default save location, Error code: 0x80070005

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    We couldn't set your default save location, Error code: 0x80070005: Hello all! I have recently gotten a problem which really frustrates me. I am trying to change the default installation directory for Windows Store Apps and XBOX Games To download Forza Horizon 4 and Doom Eternal and it gives me an Error which says the following: "We...
  4. We couldn't set your default save location.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    We couldn't set your default save location.: So I wanted to download Forza Horizon 4 Deluxe edition on a windows 10. But the game is more than 70 GB and I don't have space on my Drive C. When I tried to change the download location to Drive D I got this error:[ATTACH] What should I do? A little help would be really...
  5. We couldn't set your default save location error code 0x80070005

We couldn't set your default save location error code 0x80070005: I tried to install Gears 5 in my 1tb hdd and i don't want to install the game on my ssd, so trying to set up the hdd as default storage had this error...
  6. We can't set your default save location, Error code 0x80070032

in Windows 10 Customization
    We can't set your default save location, Error code 0x80070032: Hello, I'm trying to install app from Microsoft App, but my C drive is running out of space, and I read we have to set the default save location through setting, but I get error code 0x80070032 when I try to change it. Any help? Thanks...
  7. We could not set your default save location 0x80070003

We could not set your default save location 0x80070003: I bought xbox gamepass. It's want from me change default save location but i can't. I'm taking this error: [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/we-could-not-set-your-default-save-location/2564422b-d06d-428a-a5f7-23d670b76d09
  8. Error: We couldn't set your default save location.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Error: We couldn't set your default save location.: "The operation did not complete successfully. Try again in a bit. Error code is 0x80070005 in case you need it." So, installed xbox gamepass on my PC, and I have 2 drives. C is my SSD, where I have Windows 10 installed, and D is my storage drive, where I keep basically...
  9. We couldn't set your default save location

in Windows 10 Support
    We couldn't set your default save location: I have a ssd (C)drive with my os & a hdd (D)drive for storage. In settings-system-storage-change where new content is saved I was able to change everything I wanted to my (D)drive with the exception of new photos & videos I keep getting an error code 0x80070005 saying this...
  10. We couldn't set your default save location

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    We couldn't set your default save location: I have a ssd (C)drive with my os & a hdd (D)drive for storage. In settings-system-storage-change where new content is saved I was able to change everything I wanted to my (D)drive with the exception of new photos & videos I keep getting an error code 0x80070005 saying this...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. error code 0x801f000f