Windows 10: "We couldn`t create a new partition or locate an existing one."

Discus and support "We couldn`t create a new partition or locate an existing one." in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; First "MOIN" @all - nice to be part of the community now! I hope you can help me with the following problem: I tried Windows 10 today newinstall... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by FlixOn, Jan 24, 2020.

1. FlixOn Win User

"We couldn`t create a new partition or locate an existing one."

First "MOIN" @all - nice to be part of the community now!

I hope you can help me with the following problem:

I tried Windows 10 today newinstall not upgrading to my computer
    on which Windows 7 was running before.

Unfortunately, there was no installation prozess goes on up to formatting.

"We couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one."

I have already disconnected all hard drives except for the system SSD but unfortunately it did not work either.

Could it be a formatting and partitioning problem?

If so, Gparted should be a good program, but what exactly should I do?

I have never been faced with this problem and I am totally desperate .... I would be very happy if you could help me !!!

Thank you very much *Smile

:)

FlixOn, Jan 24, 2020
  2. William40 Win User

windows 10 "we couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing..

I am trying to install windows 10 1909 downloaded from microsoft download page into my m.2 drive. I want to use mbr system so I made sure that my m.2 drive is mbr using AOMEI partition tool but the problem when I run the windows 10 setup I get this error when I select my m.2 partition

I tried the steps in this link but it did not work:
    How to Solve the Error "We Couldn’t Create a New Partition"?

I tried also to convert my drive to GPT but I get error : partition is of GPT style !!!! however I want to use mbr so please help me to install it a mbr

Thanks

William40, Jan 24, 2020
  3. CraigLong Win User
    CraigLong, Jan 24, 2020
  4. "We couldn`t create a new partition or locate an existing one."

Kapil Arya MVP, Jan 24, 2020
Thema:

"We couldn`t create a new partition or locate an existing one."

1. "We couldn`t create a new partition or locate an existing one." - Similar Threads - couldn`t create partition

2. We couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    We couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one.: Windows was installed on the SSD prior to a new motherboard installation, however when it came time to boot the system, it stated windows was no where to be found. Shocking. So USB media installation was applied. Started the process and nope, errors all over, cant select any...
  3. We couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    We couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one.: Windows was installed on the SSD prior to a new motherboard installation, however when it came time to boot the system, it stated windows was no where to be found. Shocking. So USB media installation was applied. Started the process and nope, errors all over, cant select any...
  4. We couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. "We couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one." Error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "We couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one." Error: I just removed an old HDD from a laptop and put in an empty 120GB SSD wanted a full, clean install. Using the setup media I had handy on a USB, I tried to boot using the USB and install to the SSD, but I always get the error: "We couldn't create a new partition or locate an...
  6. We couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one.

We couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one.: Dear Microsoft, Recently, I was trying to install Windows on my Laptop PC. I tried to install, but this is the error I got: We couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one. I tried to fix it so many times, but it didn't work. It is an Acer laptop, model...
  7. we couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    we couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one.: [ATTACH] Hello to everyone. I'm trying to install Windows 10 on the second partition of the drive 1,but as u can see below,I can't because that error. On the disk 1 partition 1 there is another installation of Windows 10. The whole disk is formatted with the NTFS fs and...
  8. We couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    We couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one.: So I was doing a clean install of windows 10 using a USB and I deleted all the partitions including the system reserve one. The only drive left now is "Drive 0 Partition 1". It is set as primary. The problem is everything I click to continue the installation, I get the...
  9. "We couldn’t create a new partition or locate an existing one."

"We couldn’t create a new partition or locate an existing one.": boot - Installing Windows 10 after installing Ubuntu - Ask Ubuntu I tried asking the question over at AskUbuntu, but a user said it would be better if I asked here instead. Long story short: Windows 10 was preinstalled in my ASUS ROG GL752VW-DH71. I updated my...
  10. "We couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one"

"We couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one": So I'm trying to install Windows 10 32-bit on a friend's laptop from a USB stick and it's giving me this error, no matter what I do. I've tried setting the partition as active, I don't have anything else plugged in, and I've unplugged and replugged the device. No dice. Help!...