Windows 10: We couldn't complete the update reverting changes

Discus and support We couldn't complete the update reverting changes in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi,I was trying to update my laptop and when I went to restart it wasn't able to and reverted changes. I looked through some forums and couldn't find... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by TobySkaria, Oct 13, 2021.

1. We couldn't complete the update reverting changes

Hi,I was trying to update my laptop and when I went to restart it wasn't able to and reverted changes. I looked through some forums and couldn't find anything that worked. The problem came from no where and I don't remember hard shutting down my laptop at all.Update I'm attempting to install:2021-09 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 20H2 for x64-based Systems KB5005565Updates currently on my computer newest to oldest, top to bottom:Security Update for Microsoft Windows KB5004237Feature Update to Windows 10 20H2 via Enablement PackageUpdate for Microsoft Windows KB5004331Servicin

:)

TobySkaria, Oct 13, 2021
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond We couldn't complete the update reverting changes :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Oct 13, 2021
  3. Arun B J Win User
    We couldn't complete the updated, undoing changes...

Hi,

I suggest you to run the Windows Update troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Update. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Windows update.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select
      Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the
      top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Windows Update troubleshooter.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Oct 13, 2021
  4. We couldn't complete the update reverting changes

"We couldn`t create a new partition or locate an existing one."

Try this:

Before you get to that message, press SHIFT + F10 to open a command prompt.

Run diskpart.
    At the diskpart prompt, run these commands:

list disk

At this point you should see the SSD as disk 0. If it has another disk number, use that number rather than "0" in the next command.

select disk 0
    clean
    exit (to exit from diskpart)
    exit (to exit from the command prompt)

We couldn't complete the update reverting changes [​IMG]

That should clear the contents of the disk. The entire disk space should then show up in Windows setup as "Unallocated Space" as in the screenshot below.

We couldn't complete the update reverting changes [​IMG]

hsehestedt, Oct 13, 2021
Thema:

We couldn't complete the update reverting changes

1. We couldn't complete the update reverting changes - Similar Threads - couldn't complete update

2. We couldn't complete updates, undoing changes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    We couldn't complete updates, undoing changes: Hello, For the past week or so i have been attempting to update my Windows 10 PC. I have enough drive space for the updateWhenever the update restarts it simply just says reverting changes,I have tried Deleting software distribution but hasn't worked.I also tried upgrading to...
  3. We couldn't complete updates, undoing changes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    We couldn't complete updates, undoing changes: Hello, For the past week or so i have been attempting to update my Windows 10 PC. I have enough drive space for the updateWhenever the update restarts it simply just says reverting changes,I have tried Deleting software distribution but hasn't worked.I also tried upgrading to...
  4. We couldn't complete the updates undoing changes

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    We couldn't complete the updates undoing changes: Hello everyone, my laptop recently got the 20h2 update but my laptop cant update it, it always got stuck there for atleast 20 mins before it open again....
  5. We couldn't complete the updates undoing changes

We couldn't complete the updates undoing changes: Hello everyone, my laptop recently got the 20h2 update but my laptop cant update it, it always got stuck there for atleast 20 mins before it open again....
  6. We couldn't complete the update reverting changes

We couldn't complete the update reverting changes: Hi,I was trying to update my laptop and when I went to restart it wasn't able to and reverted changes. I looked through some forums and couldn't find anything that worked. The problem came from no where and I don't remember hard shutting down my laptop at all.Update I'm...
  7. We couldn't complete the update reverting changes

We couldn't complete the update reverting changes: Hi,I was trying to update my laptop and when I went to restart it wasn't able to and reverted changes. I looked through some forums and couldn't find anything that worked. The problem came from no where and I don't remember hard shutting down my laptop at all.Update I'm...
  8. We couldn't complete the update undoing changes

We couldn't complete the update undoing changes: Hi,I was trying to update my laptop and when I went to restart it wasn't able to and reverted changes. I looked through some forums and couldn't find anything that worked. The problem came from no where and I don't remember hard shutting down my laptop at all.Update I'm...
  9. We couldn't complete the updates, Undoing changes

We couldn't complete the updates, Undoing changes: Windows wont update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/we-couldnt-complete-the-updates-undoing-changes/d74e78ed-7172-4d28-b595-933711ec3280
  10. we couldn't complete the updates, undoing changes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    we couldn't complete the updates, undoing changes: i have a rather old lenovo flex 2 14 that try as i might, i can't get to update without this error coming up. whenever i restart my machine, it takes 5minutes to try updating itself followed by 25-30min undoing changes and i get so fed up waiting for it to do the same thing...