Windows 10: “We couldn’t connect to Microsoft family right now, so your family on this device might not...

Discus and support “We couldn’t connect to Microsoft family right now, so your family on this device might not... in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; When i go on my laptop to try and log into my local account it does not appear. I’ve checked pending updates and i’ve updated everything but i still... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Turtle Shed, Jan 17, 2023.

1. “We couldn’t connect to Microsoft family right now, so your family on this device might not...

When i go on my laptop to try and log into my local account it does not appear. I’ve checked pending updates and i’ve updated everything but i still cannot get on my local account.

:)

Turtle Shed, Jan 17, 2023
  2. Brink Win User

Changes in Microsoft family

Source: Microsoft account | Whats new for Microsoft family

Brink, Jan 17, 2023
  3. BF5
    BF5 Win User
    "We couldn't connect to Microsoft Family right now, so your family on this device might not be up to date."

My family account was setup and working fine (Windows 10). Everyone on the machine uses an online account and they are all setup, can view the family settings etc without a problem. I made a change to the time restriction settings and noticed they weren't
    being enforced. The activity report shows them using the computer way more than what the settings online show are allowed. I noticed the error "We couldn't connect to Microsoft Family right now, so your family on this device might not be up to date." When
    I look at the family settings on the PC. I can login to my account online without a problem so there is not an internet issue. I have checked for updates, there are none. I'm hoping someone has a fix.

Here are the facts below in a list order

• Family account was setup and working on Windows 10
    • One adult and three child accounts, all online accounts (no local accounts)
    • Changed time settings online
    • Noticed they were not being enforced
    • Activity report still be produced, showing over usage
    • Message on the PC in Accounts > Family and others - "We couldn't connect to Microsoft Family right now, so your family on this device might not be up to date."
    • No internet connectivity issues - can login to family settings online no problem
    • PC is up to date with patches, updates etc.

Any help is appreciated

4. “We couldn’t connect to Microsoft family right now, so your family on this device might not...

Microsoft Family - We couldn't connect to Microsoft family right now, so your family on this device might not be up to date.

Hi Fusheng,

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

• Are you log into your computer with a Microsoft Account?
    • Have you check Windows Updates for any pending updates?

For now, I suggest that you open Windows Updates and click on the check for updates button. If you see any updates, disconnect all external devices other than mouse and keyboard, install the updates and check.

If the following did not help try disconnecting from your Microsoft Account, this will change it into a local account. Once done, connect back to the account, try to add the family and check. To do so follow the steps below.

How to switch to a local account from Microsoft account.

1. Press “Windows + I” keys to open settings (When you get the error “Critical error-start menu and Cortana not
    working”).

2. Select
    Accounts.

3. On the right side, it will show your current account with an option "Switch to a local account”.

4. Select “switch to a local account” and follow the steps to switch your Microsoft account into a local account. Once this
    is done your Microsoft account is safe and not linked with that computer anymore.

How to convert a local account to Microsoft Account:

1. Press “Windows + I” keys to open settings.

2. Select
    Accounts.

3. Tap or click
    Switch to a Microsoft account and follow the on screen instructions.

For additional information click on the link below

Set up family features

Getting started with Microsoft Family Safety - Microsoft Support

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to help.

Thank you

Karthicka_R, Jan 17, 2023
Thema:

“We couldn’t connect to Microsoft family right now, so your family on this device might not...

1. “We couldn’t connect to Microsoft family right now, so your family on this device might not... - Similar Threads - “We couldn’t connect

2. Getting an error message "We couldn't connect to Microsoft family right now, so your family...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Getting an error message "We couldn't connect to Microsoft family right now, so your family...: Title.I went to install Firefox and switch over from Chrome, but when I opened Firefox I received an error where it prompts me to ask a family member, then fails when clicking the button to contact. This led me to my family settings where I found this error message. Here's...
  3. Getting an error message "We couldn't connect to Microsoft family right now, so your family...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting an error message "We couldn't connect to Microsoft family right now, so your family...: Title.I went to install Firefox and switch over from Chrome, but when I opened Firefox I received an error where it prompts me to ask a family member, then fails when clicking the button to contact. This led me to my family settings where I found this error message. Here's...
  4. "We couldn't connect to Microsoft family right now, so your family on this device might not...

"We couldn't connect to Microsoft family right now, so your family on this device might not...: I am trying to add another user to my computer system, but I get the message: "We couldn't connect to Microsoft family right now, so your family on this device might not be up to date. " How can I fix this?...
  5. "We couldn't connect to Microsoft family right now, so your family on this device might not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "We couldn't connect to Microsoft family right now, so your family on this device might not...: I am trying to add another user to my computer system, but I get the message: "We couldn't connect to Microsoft family right now, so your family on this device might not be up to date. " How can I fix this?...
  6. "We couldn't connect to Microsoft family right now, so your family on this device might not...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. “We couldn’t connect to Microsoft family right now, so your family on this device might not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    “We couldn’t connect to Microsoft family right now, so your family on this device might not...: When i go on my laptop to try and log into my local account it does not appear. I’ve checked pending updates and i’ve updated everything but i still cannot get on my local account....
  8. “We couldn’t connect to Microsoft family right now, so your family on this device might not...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    “We couldn’t connect to Microsoft family right now, so your family on this device might not...: When i go on my laptop to try and log into my local account it does not appear. I’ve checked pending updates and i’ve updated everything but i still cannot get on my local account....
  9. "We couldn't connect to Microsoft family right now, so your family on this device might not...

"We couldn't connect to Microsoft family right now, so your family on this device might not...: I am facing this error Even tried signing out of Microsoft login and retry logging, but i could'nt log out of it. Need to create one more microsoft user or local user account. Laptop is totally updated, checked all updates also. Please help [ATTACH]...
  10. We couldn’t connect to Microsoft family right now

in Windows 10 News
    We couldn’t connect to Microsoft family right now: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]It is possible to add all your family members under what Windows offers as Microsoft family. These accounts can be seamlessly added to the computer without creating it manually like other accounts. However at times, Windows 10 can give an [...] This post We...