Windows 10: We couldn’t connect to the update service in Windows 10

Discus and support We couldn’t connect to the update service in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi there I have a problem with 2 of my laptops both windows 10,makes are fujitsu and acer , I tried to update it last night and got the following... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by raven_19702003, Jan 31, 2019.

1. We couldn’t connect to the update service in Windows 10

Hi there
    I have a problem with 2 of my laptops both windows 10,makes are fujitsu and acer , I tried to update it last night and got the following error message.. We could connect to the update service we'll try again later or you can check now.. I can connect to the Internet also game on line and do other stuff just can't update.. Driving me nuts
    BTW also did a fresh install still unable to get any updates

is microsoft having issuses with their update servers??

any help would be great

TIA

:)

raven_19702003, Jan 31, 2019
  2. malware Win User

Windows XP Service Pack 3 (SP3) Release Dates

The guys over at Neowin.net have managed to get their hands on the internal schedule for the release of Windows XP Service Pack 3.

• April 14, 2008: Support is available for the release version of Service Pack 3 for Windows XP
    • April 21, 2008: Original Equipment Manufacturers, Volume License, Connect, and MSDN and TechNet subscribers
    • April 29, 2008: Microsoft Update, Windows Update, Download Center
    • June 10, 2008: Automatic Updates
    Source: Neowin.net

malware, Jan 31, 2019
  3. kambei.7s Win User
    Windows 10 Update Orchestrator Service

found similar error in the 'System' log, during the restart after installing the update, is this normal for windows 10? Does everyone faced such thing? The update seems to have settled, in the status I've see 'Success', there seem to be no other errors.

The "Update Orchestrator Service" service is turned off due to an error
    The return from the operation was due to the timeout.

code 7023 source of Service Control Manager

EventData

param1 Update Orchestrator Service
    param2 %% 2147549471
    550073006F005300760063000000

Keywords 0x8080000000000000

after 20 seconds
    The C: \ Windows \ system32 \ MusNotificationUX.exe process initiated the "Restart" action for the DESKTOP computer on behalf of the user due to: Operating system: Service pack installation Scheduled

The update was installed
    KB4103727 OS Build 16299.431

Thanks.

kambei.7s, Jan 31, 2019
  4. AsRock Win User

We couldn’t connect to the update service in Windows 10

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Jan 31, 2019
Thema:

We couldn’t connect to the update service in Windows 10

1. We couldn’t connect to the update service in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - couldn’t connect update

2. Windows Update won't connect - "We couldn’t connect to the update service. We’ll try again...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update won't connect - "We couldn’t connect to the update service. We’ll try again...: I'm using Win 10 Pro and am unable to check for updates. Doing so gives the following error:"We couldn’t connect to the update service. We’ll try again later, or you can check now. If it still doesn’t work, make sure that you’re connected to the Internet." Clicking Retry...
  3. Windows Update won't connect - "We couldn’t connect to the update service. We’ll try again...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update won't connect - "We couldn’t connect to the update service. We’ll try again...: I'm using Win 10 Pro and am unable to check for updates. Doing so gives the following error:"We couldn’t connect to the update service. We’ll try again later, or you can check now. If it still doesn’t work, make sure that you’re connected to the Internet." Clicking Retry...
  4. Windows Update won't connect - "We couldn’t connect to the update service. We’ll try again...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Computer won’t update with the notice, we couldn’t connect to the update service

Computer won’t update with the notice, we couldn’t connect to the update service: My computer won’t update and it is really taking a toll on the surface pro getting only 5fps on minecraft when I usually get 100fps due to me not getting important fixes. It keeps giving me the same notice every time I press retry and yes I am on the internet. Also could the...
  6. We couldn’t complete updates

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    We couldn’t complete updates: Hello Reddit! Sorry if this is something really obvious but I keep trying to install updates on my windows 10 pc and it never works. It just ends up saying “we couldn’t complete updates, reverting changes”. Any suggestions? I hope it’s an easy fix as I use my desktop for...
  7. Windows 10 Update We couldn’t connect to the update service. We’ll try again later, or you...

Windows 10 Update We couldn’t connect to the update service. We’ll try again later, or you...: Yes i ran the troubleshooter but the troubleshooter could not find the error. i just recently resetted my computer. Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-update-we-couldnt-connect-to-the-update/02750666-61ea-48b6-9e20-2221dbc24e5e
  8. We couldn’t connect to the update service

We couldn’t connect to the update service: When i try to check for updates it just shows: We couldn’t connect to the update service. (While i can manually download KB's just fine) Its a new pc build and windows install. Running windows 10 Pro version 1809 build 17763.253. I'v only got 5 hotfixes installed atm....
  9. Windows couldn’t connect to the ProfSVC service

in Windows 10 News
    Windows couldn’t connect to the ProfSVC service: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Some users report an error that says Windows couldn’t connect to the ProfSVC service. This is usually encountered when someone is trying to log in to their User Accounts. This error is triggered when the User Profile is corrupt or when [...] This post...
  10. Win Update: “Error Encountered. We couldn’t connect to the update service."

Win Update: “Error Encountered. We couldn’t connect to the update service.": For the past few days when checking for updates it fails and I get this message. “Error Encountered. We couldn’t connect to the update service. We’ll try again later, or you can check now. If it still doesn’t work make sure you’re connected to the internet”. There is...