Windows 10: We couldn’t connect to the update service

Discus and support We couldn’t connect to the update service in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; When i try to check for updates it just shows: We couldn’t connect to the update service. (While i can manually download KB's just fine) Its a new pc... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Cedricdress, Mar 31, 2019.

1. We couldn’t connect to the update service

When i try to check for updates it just shows: We couldn’t connect to the update service. (While i can manually download KB's just fine)
    Its a new pc build and windows install. Running windows 10 Pro version 1809 build 17763.253.

I'v only got 5 hotfixes installed atm. KB4462930, KB4470788, KB4480056, KB4480979 and KB4480116.Also there is a typing feature that tries to install regulary but fails with the error code: 0x80240438

I'v tried alot of solutions already like repairing windows system files using "sfc /scannow", changing DNS servers, resetting the ip stack but nothing helped untill now.

:)

Cedricdress, Mar 31, 2019

2. Lumia 650, we couldn´t connect to the update service

Hi,

Have a lumia 650 with Version 1511, OS build 10.0.10586.494 is this the latest version?

When i check for updates i get this: we couldn´t connect to the update service, we`ll try again later..

I have internet connection via WiFi and a microsoft account set up.

Christian.T, Mar 31, 2019
  3. “IIS admin service” fails to appear in the list,

I couldn’t figure out which role does create this service

We couldn’t connect to the update service [​IMG]

jamal numan, Mar 31, 2019
  4. We couldn’t connect to the update service

Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Mar 31, 2019
Thema:

We couldn’t connect to the update service

1. We couldn’t connect to the update service - Similar Threads - couldn’t connect update

2. Windows Update won't connect - "We couldn’t connect to the update service. We’ll try again...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update won't connect - "We couldn’t connect to the update service. We’ll try again...: I'm using Win 10 Pro and am unable to check for updates. Doing so gives the following error:"We couldn’t connect to the update service. We’ll try again later, or you can check now. If it still doesn’t work, make sure that you’re connected to the Internet." Clicking Retry...
  3. Windows Update won't connect - "We couldn’t connect to the update service. We’ll try again...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update won't connect - "We couldn’t connect to the update service. We’ll try again...: I'm using Win 10 Pro and am unable to check for updates. Doing so gives the following error:"We couldn’t connect to the update service. We’ll try again later, or you can check now. If it still doesn’t work, make sure that you’re connected to the Internet." Clicking Retry...
  4. Windows Update won't connect - "We couldn’t connect to the update service. We’ll try again...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Computer won’t update with the notice, we couldn’t connect to the update service

Computer won’t update with the notice, we couldn’t connect to the update service: My computer won’t update and it is really taking a toll on the surface pro getting only 5fps on minecraft when I usually get 100fps due to me not getting important fixes. It keeps giving me the same notice every time I press retry and yes I am on the internet. Also could the...
  6. We couldn’t complete updates

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    We couldn’t complete updates: Hello Reddit! Sorry if this is something really obvious but I keep trying to install updates on my windows 10 pc and it never works. It just ends up saying “we couldn’t complete updates, reverting changes”. Any suggestions? I hope it’s an easy fix as I use my desktop for...
  7. Windows 10 Update We couldn’t connect to the update service. We’ll try again later, or you...

Windows 10 Update We couldn’t connect to the update service. We’ll try again later, or you...: Yes i ran the troubleshooter but the troubleshooter could not find the error. i just recently resetted my computer. Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-update-we-couldnt-connect-to-the-update/02750666-61ea-48b6-9e20-2221dbc24e5e
  8. Update Service "we couldn't connect to the update service"

Update Service "we couldn't connect to the update service": Hi, I need help with the above error. System spec is OptiPlex 760 (32 bit X64) running windows 10 Pro version 1809. OS build 17763.292. I was happily running the above build up till the end of January with no issues. Updates were being loaded automatically and apps were...
  9. We couldn’t connect to the update service in Windows 10

We couldn’t connect to the update service in Windows 10: Hi there I have a problem with 2 of my laptops both windows 10,makes are fujitsu and acer , I tried to update it last night and got the following error message.. We could connect to the update service we'll try again later or you can check now.. I can connect to the Internet...
  10. Win Update: “Error Encountered. We couldn’t connect to the update service."

Win Update: “Error Encountered. We couldn’t connect to the update service.": For the past few days when checking for updates it fails and I get this message. “Error Encountered. We couldn’t connect to the update service. We’ll try again later, or you can check now. If it still doesn’t work make sure you’re connected to the internet”. There is...