Windows 10: We couldn’t create a new partition error during Windows Setup

Discus and support We couldn’t create a new partition error during Windows Setup in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]If you’re encountering We couldn’t create a new partition error message on your Windows computer while installing Windows 10, then the solution... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Sep 9, 2020.

1. WinClub New Member

We couldn’t create a new partition error during Windows Setup

WinClub, Sep 9, 2020
  2. Berton Win User
    Berton, Sep 9, 2020
  3. "We couldn`t create a new partition or locate an existing one."

Try this:

Before you get to that message, press SHIFT + F10 to open a command prompt.

Run diskpart.
    At the diskpart prompt, run these commands:

list disk

At this point you should see the SSD as disk 0. If it has another disk number, use that number rather than "0" in the next command.

select disk 0
    clean
    exit (to exit from diskpart)
    exit (to exit from the command prompt)

We couldn’t create a new partition error during Windows Setup [​IMG]

That should clear the contents of the disk. The entire disk space should then show up in Windows setup as "Unallocated Space" as in the screenshot below.

We couldn’t create a new partition error during Windows Setup [​IMG]

hsehestedt, Sep 9, 2020
  4. W1zzard Win User

W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Sep 9, 2020
Thema:

1. We couldn’t create a new partition error during Windows Setup - Similar Threads - couldn’t create partition

2. We couldn't create a new partition. [Error: 0xcc20f8f0].

in Windows 10 Gaming
    We couldn't create a new partition. [Error: 0xcc20f8f0].: Attempting to create a new partition leads me to this error message attempting to reinstall my windows After pressing the power button twice then the restart button because i mistaken the power button as the restart button so once i figured out my mistake i tried fixing...
  3. We couldn't create a new partition. [Error: 0xcc20f8f0].

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    We couldn't create a new partition. [Error: 0xcc20f8f0].: Attempting to create a new partition leads me to this error message attempting to reinstall my windows After pressing the power button twice then the restart button because i mistaken the power button as the restart button so once i figured out my mistake i tried fixing...
  4. We couldn't create a new partition. [Error: 0xcc20f8f0].

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows Setup couldn’t create a new partition or locate an existing one

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Setup couldn’t create a new partition or locate an existing one: [ATTACH]During a clean install of Windows on your device with the Custom option, you may get the error message We couldn’t create a new partition or locate an existing one. This post is intended to help affected PC users with solutions and suggestions to get past this...
  6. We couldn’t format the selected partition – Error 0x80070057

in Windows 10 News
    We couldn’t format the selected partition – Error 0x80070057: [ATTACH]If when you attempt to install Windows 10 from USB and you encounter the […] This article We couldn’t format the selected partition – Error 0x80070057 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  7. Error Window 10 setup: We couldn't create a new partition [0x80070017]

Error Window 10 setup: We couldn't create a new partition [0x80070017]: I use USB boot to install Win10. It'd work fine for many PC but this one. The box show "Windows cannot be installed to this disk. This computer's hardware may not support booting to this disk. Ensure that the disk's controller is enabled in the computer's BIOS menu." and...
  8. Windows installation issue, error message: “We couldn’t create a new partition or locate an...

Windows installation issue, error message: “We couldn’t create a new partition or locate an...: Hello, I have a GPT partition layout on my HDD which includes (in the order): 511 MiB partition, type code 2700 (Windows RE), NTFS-formatted, intended for Windows Recovery Tools 512 MiB partition, type code EF00 (EFI System), FAT32-formatted, intended to be an EFI System...
  9. "We couldn’t create a new partition or locate an existing one."

"We couldn’t create a new partition or locate an existing one.": boot - Installing Windows 10 after installing Ubuntu - Ask Ubuntu I tried asking the question over at AskUbuntu, but a user said it would be better if I asked here instead. Long story short: Windows 10 was preinstalled in my ASUS ROG GL752VW-DH71. I updated my...
  10. Setup: Could not create new partition

Setup: Could not create new partition: Hello everyone, Just tried to reinstall my windows. Everything works fine untill I select the drive on which the os should be installed. The error "could not create new partition" pops up. Already searched for it on the internet and pretty much the same solution comes up...