Windows 10: We couldn't find a camera compatible with Windows Hello Face

Discus and support We couldn't find a camera compatible with Windows Hello Face in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Windows Hello Not Working,We couldn't find a camera compatible with Windows Hello Face on my deviceSurface Laptop i5 I already tried this options :... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by MM RAHMAN, Feb 22, 2020.

1. MM RAHMAN Win User

We couldn't find a camera compatible with Windows Hello Face

Windows Hello Not Working,We couldn't find a camera compatible with Windows Hello Face on my deviceSurface Laptop i5

I already tried this options :

"Procedure 1 :

1 Open File Explorer, navigate to C:\Windows\System32\WinBioPlugIns\FaceDriver

2 Right-click on HelloFace.inf and click "Install"

3 If the file exists do the same thing for HelloFaceMigration.inf in the same directory

--------------

Procedure 2 :

Check on your camera manufacturer's website if there is any update available for your camera.

For example if you have a Logitech camera check on the Logitech website for any update for your camera.

------------

Procedure 3 :

Click on Start button, type "cmd", right-click on "Command prompt" and click on "Run as administrator".

Copy-paste the following lines in the command prompt, one by one, pressing Enter after each line to paste right-click at the top on "Administrator : command prompt" > Edit > Paste :

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

sfc /scannow

--------------

Procedure 4 :

1 Click on the Start button, type "run" and click on "Run"

2 Type "services.msc" without quotes and click on "Ok"

3 Find "Windows Biometric Service", double click on it and click on "Stop"

4 With File Explorer go to C:\Windows\System32\WinBioDatabase and make a backup of all the files just in case. Move that backup outside of that folder.

5 Once backed up delete all the files in C:\Windows\System32\WinBioDatabase

6 Open another time "services.msc", double-click on Windows Biometric Service and restart it

7 Go to Start, type "settings", click on "Settings", go to "Accounts", "Sign-in options" and register the Face data again"

:)

MM RAHMAN, Feb 22, 2020
  2. Edwin Win User

windows hello face problem...

List of Windows Hello supported Dell Laptops:

We couldn't find a camera compatible with Windows Hello Face [​IMG]

Edwin, Feb 22, 2020
  3. Bree Win User
    windows hello face problem...

Yes, but not one with the capabilities required. You need one that can see infrared....

Windows Hello face authentication | Microsoft Docs

4. Kaveh Z Win User

Windows Hello Not Working,(We couldn't find a camera compatible with Windows Hello Face)

I was able to solve my problem!

I had the same problem. Mine started after either a windows update or Norton security updating something on my computer, then my surface studio could not recognize my driver for my hello windows. So I thought I could just uninstall it and restart windows
    and it would just refresh and reinstall the driver for the camera and the biosecurity stuff but it didn't so I ended up searching the web but I eventually solved it after reading so many forms.

I followed these steps. Step one did not work for me, but step 2 did. I had to re-register my face after deleting the data due to method one:

Method 1: Resetting Windows Hello Biometric Database

You can try resetting the Windows Hello Biometric Database and check if that helps. Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + R, to open

Run
      dialog box.
    2. Type services.msc and click on

OK
    3. Look for Windows Biometric Service, double click on it and click on

Stop.
    4. Now, go to C:\Windows\System32\WinBioDatabase, take a backup of all the files inside the

WinBioDatabase folder.
    5. After taking a backup of the files, delete all the files.
    6. Now, open Services by following step 1 and 2, and restart the

Windows Biometric Service.
    7. Go to Start >> Settings >> Accounts >> Sign-in options and register the Face data again.

Method 2: Installing Windows Hello Face Driver

If method 1 didn’t help. You can try to reinstalling the Windows Hello Face Driver. Follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + E, to open

File Explorer
    2. Navigate to C:\Windows\System32\WinBioPlugIns\FaceDriver
    3. Look for HelloFace.inf and

HelloFaceMigration.inf
      file, right click on each file and select

Install
    4. Restart the computer.

Kaveh Z, Feb 22, 2020
Thema:

1. We couldn't find a camera compatible with Windows Hello Face - Similar Threads - couldn't find camera

2. We couldn't find a camera compatible with Windows Hello Face ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    We couldn't find a camera compatible with Windows Hello Face ?: I've been trying to set up my laptop for "Hello", so I don't have to put in a pin each time. I get two messages:1. "We couldn't find a camera compatible with Windows Hello FaceAsus laptop X515 intel core i5 license version...
  3. We couldn't find a camera compatible with Windows Hello Face

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    We couldn't find a camera compatible with Windows Hello Face: I have a Lenovo ThinkPad T15g Gen 1 running Windows 10 Pro 22H2 64-bit. I am having trouble trying to setup Windows Hello Face.The initial problem was that the setup proceeded all the way to the phase where it showed my face and was supposed to recognize it, but then nothing...
  4. We couldn't find a camera compatible with Windows Hello Face

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    We couldn't find a camera compatible with Windows Hello Face: I have a Lenovo ThinkPad T15g Gen 1 running Windows 10 Pro 22H2 64-bit. I am having trouble trying to setup Windows Hello Face.The initial problem was that the setup proceeded all the way to the phase where it showed my face and was supposed to recognize it, but then nothing...
  5. We couldn't find a camera compatible with windows hello face

in Windows 10 Gaming
    We couldn't find a camera compatible with windows hello face: I have a laptop from Lenovo it is IdeaPad slim 3 Amd ryzen 5 5500u . I have it for a month I couldn't able to activate windows hello feature can anyone please help me on how to enable this feature.Model - Lenovo IdeaPad slim 3 AMD RYZEN 5 5500u...
  6. we couldn't find a camera compatible with windows hello face

in Windows 10 Gaming
    we couldn't find a camera compatible with windows hello face: I have new HP Envy laptop and plan to use the window hello, but when i goto sign in option to do setting for window hello, it prompt out:we couldn't find a camera compatible with windows hello faceWhy?...
  7. we couldn't find a camera compatible with windows hello face

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    we couldn't find a camera compatible with windows hello face: I have new HP Envy laptop and plan to use the window hello, but when i goto sign in option to do setting for window hello, it prompt out:we couldn't find a camera compatible with windows hello faceWhy?...
  8. We Couldn't Find a Camera Compatible with Windows Hello Face

We Couldn't Find a Camera Compatible with Windows Hello Face: I've seen several threads on this issue, which I'm now encountering on my new PC. Can someone help? I've spend the last hour or so trying the various recommendations to no avail. I'd just like to remove it altogether if this is no longer available. I'm on Windows 10 Pro...
  9. we couldn't find a camera compatible with hello face

we couldn't find a camera compatible with hello face: i have vostro 3580 and hello face is unavailable in my pc.it also doesn't show any driver update. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/we-couldnt-find-a-camera-compatible-with-hello/e44f4871-f27d-45bf-86a2-83aae58a1f65
  10. We couldn't find a camera compatible with Windows Hello Face

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    We couldn't find a camera compatible with Windows Hello Face: Split from this thread. I have a desktop HP all in one and it cant find a camera compatible, what can i do to fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/we-couldnt-find-a-camera-compatible-with-windows/10c84cb2-26b1-47d7-bd6b-d94a6455e960

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Couldnt find a camera compatible with Windows Hello face recognition

2. we couldnt find a camera compatible with windows hello face

3. surface book couldnt find a camera compatible

4. We couldnt fin a camer compatible with Windows Hello Face,
  5. windows hello face we couldnt find camera compatible with windows hello face,
  6. helloface.inf,
  7. windows hello face couldnt find a camera,
  8. windows hello face camera not compatible,
  9. we couldnt find a camera compatible hello face,
  10. camera not compatible with windows hello face,
  11. windows couldnt find a compatible webcam,
  12. we couldnt find a camera compatible